Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Hot Pursuit Video

2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Hot Pursuit Video

Hello all!

I would like to know what you guys think of the all-new 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 500 hp truck. In addition, there is a creative Dodge Ram SRT-10 video that can be viewed by following the link below. If you get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think. To give you a bit of an outline, it's an animated movie clip that shows the 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 in an intense chase. It's definitely exciting!

Hot Pursuit @ drivesrt.com

Regards...

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343)
    www.dodge.com
    [email protected]
    Last edited by DodgeInfoCenter; 12-26-2005 at 08:54 PM.

No advertising pal

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeInfoCenter
    I would like to know what you guys think of the all-new 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10
    1. STOP advertising on this forum, otherwise you WILL recieve a ban. If you are going to contribute to the forum then please stay but this is spam and stands a fair chance of being deleted.

2. The 2006 Ram is NOT "All-new", it's facelifted and IMO it looked better pre-facelift.

What, exactly, has been changed for the "All-new" model then, apart from the headlamps?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Even ittybitty sports cars got 500 hp these days. C'mon I know the RAMster SRT-10ster is worth at least a thousand ponies.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Hello all!

I would like to know what you guys think of the all-new 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 500 hp truck.
    I think it must suck with some advertising whore.

In addition, there is a creative Dodge Ram SRT-10 video that can be viewed by following the link below. If you get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think. To give you a bit of an outline, it's an animated movie clip that shows the Dodge Ram SRT-10 in an intense chase. It's definitely exciting!

Hot Pursuit @ drivesrt.com
    If I see that video, I'll come over and nuke your trucks.

Regards...

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343)
    www.dodge.com
    [email protected]
    Afraid to mention your last name?
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Did anyone actually watch this? It's trying waaaay too hard to be cool. Pretty lame advertisement if you ask me.

Agreed.........
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

So you tell him to stop and he does it again.....

To clarify, our intentions are not to advertise the 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 for monetary gain, but rather to inform consumers with extensive vehicle details. In our system, we have information regarding features, options and package groups and can also access technical information that forum members may request regarding the truck.
    And why bother "informing" consumers? To persuade them to purchase the product you are trying to sell? That IS an advertisement.

I agree with you that at first glance the 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 appears to have only been slightly modified aesthetically, however, there is quite an extensive list of changes that the truck has undergone.
    No, it's been facelifted. The minor changes that have been brought about are purely to try to sell more of the things. Personally, I liked the previous version better. If it were "all-new" as you suggested, everything would have changed.

• New exterior door and tailgate badging
    • New badging on door spears
    Wow, that really makes me want to buy one. Scraping the bottom of the barrel here arent we? I mean c'mon, it's "All new" isn't it?

Although the Dodge Ram SRT-10 "merely" outputs 500 hp, it is still the fastest production pickup on the globe. At this point, I don't think that there is a necessity to upgrade on this specification albeit auto enthusiasts are always excited to hear of, or even better, witness record breaking numbers for horsepower and speed. Additionally, you must remember that the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the utilitarian version of the Dodge Viper. Conversely, as you know, the auto market is a dynamic arena and I wouldn't discount the possibility of horsepower upgrades for the Dodge Viper - and effectively the Dodge Ram SRT-10 - in the future. My best suggestion would be to stay posted with the Dodge website for any updates regarding the truck.
    Basically you're doing the bare minimum to stay ahead of the competition, it doesn't matter how good or otherwise the product is, as long as your pockets are lined. What you're saying is that in the near future, when other manufacturers compete with you on performance, the Ram will recieve a power increase just so that it remains at the "top". It's like phone companies doing the bare minimum to attract customers to sighn a new contract or buy a new phone, only for a better product to come out the day after.

If you were really interested in making the truck better, it would have gone back to the drawing board and everything would have been done from scratch. Verdict: Corporate monkey.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Hello again guys,

Although the Dodge Ram SRT-10 "merely" outputs 500 hp, it is still the fastest production pickup on the globe.

Miguel M.
    G'day Miguel M

I'm wondering, how does "the fastest production pickup on the globe" compare against the manufacturer's listed top speed of 170 mph (274 km/h to be precise) for HSV's Maloo? Although much lighter than your Dodge, the HSV Maloo 'pickup' is also a production vehicle and like Corvette is powered by the Chevrolet LS2 V8

Further info>

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...x?id=8094&vf=5

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...r-show-hsv.htm

By comparison, what is the top speed of Dodge's "fastest production pickup on the globe" ..?

Likewise a happy New Year to you Miguel and I await your response
    Last edited by nota; 01-04-2006 at 06:57 PM.

2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Hot Pursuit Video

Clivey,

Through our verbal communications with forum members, our objective is to inform consumers about the tangible aspects of the trucks and refrain from being "commercial". We have a strong belief that the vehicles are good enough that they will sell themselves. Although our pickups have had a long-lasting popularity, we remain aware that there still exist many individuals who would like to become more informed about them before they even consider a purchase. And what better decision to make than an informed one?

Conversely, I would like to apologize for the misnomer in stating that the truck is "all-new". And we certainly appreciate your favorable opinion toward the older model. All feedback that we receive is taken in to consideration, so the more constructive feedback we receive, the better it is for those relaying it in the long run.

Nota,

G'day to you as well. In regard to your comparison questions, I checked out the links that you have provided and I would like to advise that these two vehicles, although both pickup trucks are not accurately comparable. The 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 is a full-sized pick up truck.

Take care guys,

Miguel M.

This is advertising, and how many sold last year? Ive seen atleast 10 at used car lots that people have bought for a month then sold back to a dealer. Don't think i would ever drive a 7-9mpg truck.

2006 Scion tC..

I was about to point out the FPV Tornado as well,
    Itll keep up with pretty much anything and 550nm of torque will prove that. In our country (geeze that sounds terrible) this IS a full size "truck" and anything bigger is just unneccesary.

The F6 270 Turbo

The new F6 270 Turbo. A 4-litre turbo-charged, intercooled, 24-valve double overhead cam six. The highest torque output of any production six ever built in Australia and one of the most powerful in the world. Through partnership with Prodrive and their mastery of turbo technology across F1 and World Rally, the development of our high performance turbo-charged FPV will change performance cars forever. We created a new engine with dramatically improved cooling and induction. The 50% larger air-to-air intercooler and dual air intake system significantly reduces intake pressure into the turbo's compressor - allowing it to work more efficiently...and effectively.

The result. A fully engineered performance-driven power generator. Armed with double overhead camshafts and 4-valve aluminum cylinder heads, the F6 270 Turbo produces its maximum power of 270kW at 5250 rpm. However, the real story is torque. All 550Nm on tap from just 2000 rpm and remaining constant all the way through to 4250 rpm.

At time of launch, the highest torque output of any production engine ever built in Australia. Even more staggering is the engine's ability to produce 80% of its maximum torque at 1500 rpm and over 98% at 1750 rpm. Total Performance meets the turbo.
    http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.536
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 01-08-2006 at 04:54 PM.
    The Datto will rage again...

Full size. Wow thats about the size of my brothers truck (toyota x-runner) and it is basically classified as a car. But then agian we have Ford F350's driving around everywhere. I havent ever seen one of those until now.

2006 Scion tC..

Both the Maloo and Tornado are aussie built cars. Not sold overseas as far as i know.

We do get F250s and F100s here and there and you just laugh at how much fuel they must use and how terrible they must be to park. Then cringe at the thought of being hit by one
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information