Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help downloading gt4

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    My "point" is... games should be cheaper, i believe the current selling strategy is wrong, the companys should change strategy or focus on making 1 good game instead of 10 lousy ones.
    So they make one great game that costs loads of money. So they have to earn all the money back by selling ONE game? What will do that to the prices you think. It's better to devide the costs over 10 games then over 1 game. And then there is this: some people like race games, some like shooters, some liker perhaps a RPG. Sow what kind of game should they make than??
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

http://entertainment.msn.co.uk/films...05/Default.asp as a gentle reminder of the flops in teh movie industry too. Hopefully you didn't waste any money going to the theatre to see any of these
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    When you compare games with every other industry it's about the same hit rate.

There are plenty of crap MP3 players out there for sale, and DVD players, TVs, PCs and etc etc etc

How do you tell UP FRONT whether you have a good or bad game ?
    Also it's a business decision. The 50 million seller will merit spending LOTS on development, a 10 million seller can only justify spending 1/5th The REALLY bad bit about the BEST games is it takes 2-3 years of development and test of a large development team with ZERO REVENUE. Games are a horrible business to operate in as it's LOTS of outlay in the HOPE of a HUGE peak of revenue and then invest in the next one. All it takes is one game to glitch or not hit the market or just not be popular anymore and the company goes bust with the HUGE debt run up during development
    Of course you can tell if a game is good or not, there are magazines, internet sites, previews, reviews, a game is completly eviscerated before coming out to public. The thing is easy money, crappy games from big name game makers, game makers that bought a multimillion movie license and them make the worst games ever just to use the movie name... there are probably not more than 5 games worth mentioning that have movie names and that are "medium quality" games...

When a game is good everyone knows it is, ppl buy it, ppl talk about it, ppl must have. when games are normal... it just doesn't have that "feel", it's just another game... i don't know anyone that has a copy of GT4, when it came out i had to buy, because i knew it'd be special.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Ruim, you seem to lambast the games industry and not realise that's life.

So list me all the movie SEQUELS that are good ?

Taking something good and making something as good as or better isnt' easy. There is NOT a simple formula. Development, design, innovation is ALL risk. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you dont. The games industry dont EXPECT to make money out of the bad stuff but it is UNREASONABLE of anyone to begrudge paying for the good stuff - or they wont be able to afford to make ANYTHING !!!

btw, by UP FRONT , I meant before development design and testing. That's where all the costs are. IF a game turns out not to be as good as hoped for by the end then there's not a lot you can do about it. MANY games companies have tried in the past with games taking an extra 2-3 years to come out and STILL being mediocre.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information