Thread: Virago Coupe

Virago Coupe

Virago Coupe

Visitors to Autosport International, will be amongst the first to glimpse a stunning new sports car which will be built in the Midlands.

Virago Cars Limited is to show the two seater coupe which has its roots in a sports race car, at the two day event. The Virago can be seen alongside other Midlands manufactured cars on Stand 6230 at the international racing car show which is being held at the NEC in Birmingham on the 14th and 15th January 2006.

The high tech/race bred sports car will fill a niche in the automotive market, selling for under £50,000 and although competing with Noble and TVR, it will be more refined, comfortable and practical for everyday use. As well as an interior that will be stunning and superior to anything at the price, a 3 litre Duratec V6 engine will provide reliability and easy low cost servicing.

Performance figures suggest a top speed in excess of 150mph and an acceleration time to 60mph in under 5.5 seconds.

Managing Director, Andy Nowson, a former Land Rover executive and fleet vehicle product planner said: “Creating and building this car is a great opportunity and a dream job, but I have spent enough time in business to be hard headed about it. I am seeking finance to establish a low cost assembly facility in the Midlands, with manufacturing starting during the fourth quarter of 2006.”

51 year old Nowson is recruiting sixteen dealers in the UK to sell and service the car, details of which can be found at www.virago-cars.co.uk

I could have put this in the hide-out but I'm sure Matt or McLareN will have much higher res shots soon
    BTW, anybody going to the Autosport International Show this year?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Virago Coupe #2
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Cheers Matt, If you have higher res shots of the first two, could you please replace mine with yours?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    Cheers Matt, If you have higher res shots of the first two, could you please replace mine with yours?
    I would if I could, but I don't so I won't.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Virago. is that a company that just started(sorry, never heard of them)
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf

Virago Coupé

Virago Cars was formed in 2005 - with one purpose - to bring to market a 2-seat sports coupé in low volume production in the UK - and launch a new iconic brand in the process.

An existing custom-build vehicle's design rights were procured, and a development plan is in progress currently to productionise the vehicle for larger volume manufacture, whilst creating feature-packed derivates with power outputs of 230 bhp or 280 bhp.

Virago Cars is an independent manufacturer, with a passion for excitement, quality abd customer service in sports cars. Virago's management team is staffed by auto-industry people with a passion for their work, including Le Mans contestants - but not pure dreamers - pragmatists too, with solid manufacturing and retail automotive experience.

Virago is currently seeking and receiving private investment to put in place new manufacturing facilities, tooling, moulds and equipment, to grow production volumes over the next three years.

Virago Cars is commencing manufacture of the Coupé in 2006 in new facilities, and is currently taking Sales, UK Dealership, and further Investor inquiries.

Virago ~ “ Greco-Roman term, meaning Amazonian style / man-like, feisty / heroic warrior woman”

Text and pictures from www.virago-cars.co.uk
    Last edited by Matt; 03-03-2006 at 10:45 AM.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

'heroic warrior woman'? Why didn't they just call it Xena.....

i think it looks great, it looks like a little Ferrari or something...
    Walk down the river

- Cause the river dont run...

Thread Information