Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absolutely INSANE Drum Solo by a 12 year old

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    That kid is pretty damn good, could be one of the best as he gets older with more practice.

I've done like 30 min solos on my drum set but I tend to speed up and slow down to a real slow speed to regain my forearm strength and yes, I have gotten blisters all over my hand from doing it. I don't think I would call it a solo, I'd say it's more practicing and playing random things without stopping.
    I think you'd like Alan White, who drummed for John Lennon, George Harrison, and later, Yes. When he was recording 'Relayer' with yes, Chris Squire, bassist, would stop at a junkyard on the way and pick up glass bottles and car bumpers, and Alan White put them all on this floor to ceiling rack and bang on them for ideas. In fact, on the 25 minute 'Gates Of Delirium' on the album, there is a simulated battle movement with the synthesizers and drums fighting each other. Once the sessions were done, White pulled down the wall, and the crash noise is on the album.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    That kid is pretty damn good, could be one of the best as he gets older with more practice.
    Hes 19 now ...that was recorded in 98/99

And I aint heard of him today....so must have stopped or has just not been spotted by a "musical guru".
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom
    Hes 19 now ...that was recorded in 98/99

And I aint heard of him today....so must have stopped or has just not been spotted by a "musical guru".
    Stereotype: He prob. OD'ed on Heroine. [/stereotype]

depending on how much playing i've done before, i can ususally solo on my t. sax for a few minutes, but by then my lips are normally stuffed and i'm completely out of breath

I kid obviously has the technical talent to be a star. I stopped that video, though, after 5 minute because the solo, although skillful, was rather dull to be perfectly honest. And another note, I am a drummer myself.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

Thread Information