Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: v8 supercars

why not 100%? there hasnt been an american falcon since about 1969/1970, and even still, the last aussie made falcon that pretty close to identical to the american falcon was the xp. since the xr, ford started making the aussie falcon different, and for the xa, it was fully australian developed, engineered and designed. theres bugger all modified to the magna from what i can see. put an american diamante, aussie magna and whateva they call in it japan all together and the only difference will be their driving style to suit their respective countries of origin

well our drive by wire systems are imported so are the peadel boxes on the autos and just a few other bits and peices it still has the higest local content all the stuff was desinged here and most parts are made here.

u wont find many manufacturers that would locally source all the componentry like that. most australians would be thinking of the bodyshell when u talk about the car being designed and developed somewhere though. i can definately see a low ride height 4wd falcon either turning up at the sydeny motor show or next years melbourne show. autoweb.com.au and carpoint.ninemsn.com.au both have articles on fords new 4wd system and all the other new electronic programs going into the ecu like hill descent control and active stability control, and theyve show a pitcure of a 4wd test mule, which is obviously the 4wd running gear underneath the normal sedan body. the wheels in the pic must me a popular design at ford, cause ive seen them on a test mule of an au shell with ba running gear that was going round the nurburgring (i think thats how its spelt)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah but the local monufactuor thing is full car but all that aside i have seen an AU that was zooming around sweeden (pictures of course) with basicly the same system but the nurburg ring (its pronounced that way its funny haring cromly say it NUR---burg incredibly famous track must be taking it around the world to test conmdition rather then just local stuff maybey this is a sign of bigger things to come?

well for the BA, they took it round the world, like to sweden again and it hink maybe even to death valley california to test things like operating temps i guess. the big issue with sewdish testing for the territory would be to see how it handles the snow i guess. australia might not have much snow but the areas that do have it i bet anyone that owned a territory there would be pissed if the car couldnt handle it

I was thinking maybey it will be one of fords worl model cars or maybey theyll get exported to other countires as well?

well north america definately need a new rwd car, theres no need for the falcon in the middle east at the moment, as theyre in love with the crown victoria, and theres a handful or so AU's floating around europe, not badged as ford falcons though. its funny how many yanks when they see pictures of post 1990 falcons think that we've ressurrected an american legend or sumtin, probably as a result of holden providing the gto, but in reality we didnt give up on the falcon liek the yanks did. if there was ever a point that we wouldve given up on it, 2 points actually, they wouldve been if the BA was a flop like the AU and when the XK falcon started breaking front suspension components as ford australia didnt change the setup for our roads

Well the XL was a very lame attempt to fix the problems on the XK then there was XM whic was mildy better but not good enough and then came the XP which was much better and ford put its crediblity on the line (what litle they had left) with the endurance drive which healed their reputation but was later fully repaired when the XR came out. I wouldent think they yank would be thinking were reviving an american ledgend the vibe i get from them they didnt like them all to much.

i think they mustnt of like them when they were still priducing them, which is why they stopped making american ones, and now theyre looking back on them with more respect, and seeing what australia later produced with cars like the xa-xc, which they wouldve seen in the mad max movies. the xl falcon wouldnt have had much funding behind it to fix the problems of the xk that should have been rectified during development for local conditions, like front suspension that was only smooth on the highway

do u reckon if they exported the falcons back to america that locoln and mercury would want to have theyre own version?

lincoln sorry

more then likly with ford and licoln and ford its usually a case of monkey see monkey do.

what do u think mercury as: fomoco's semi luxury division or there performacne devision, cause in the 60's and 70's, they were there performance devision and now they say there the semi- luxury devision, inbetween lincoln and ford america

I dont know they have been making very soft cars of late though the company wants to chage that image.

maybe with cars like the messenger their image will change for the better

Thread Information