Thread: Poped Evo Viii Gearbox Down At Eastern Creek!!!

Poped Evo Viii Gearbox Down At Eastern Creek!!!

Asian cars are total bombs they are total design copies of decent european cars, asian cars may have some power to go in a straight line but they are shockers to turn, a friend of mine and me went down to the local track to try out his new evo viii he recently bought, we took turns taking laps and as soon as we pushed the evo to its best we poped the goddam gearbox my friend was shiting himself we got to the dealer and the idiot was quoting a 6grand pricetag for a new shitass gearbox.. the next thing you no the dickheads down at mitsubishi will probably be wanting 30grand+ for there lawnmower engine in that bomb... i mean fair go!!

dont make me slap you

i will do it. jap cars are great, and the japanese are great. just because your friend "owns" an evo dosent mean we will belive you. prove it or dont lie. people hate you for it

as for the styling, what car does the evo or STI look like? what did the skylines look like?

exactly

shut up
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Liveriadis
    Asian cars are total bombs they are total design copies of decent european cars, asian cars may have some power to go in a straight line but they are shockers to turn, a friend of mine and me went down to the local track to try out his new evo viii he recently bought, we took turns taking laps and as soon as we pushed the evo to its best we poped the goddam gearbox my friend was shiting himself we got to the dealer and the idiot was quoting a 6grand pricetag for a new shitass gearbox.. the next thing you no the dickheads down at mitsubishi will probably be wanting 30grand+ for there lawnmower engine in that bomb... i mean fair go!!
    Wow, you've loads of pent up anger, second post another stonker

Anyway, I'd think you'll find the dealer will be questioning the driving skills to mash an EVO 'box on track. I've spent many MANY hours on tracks with EVOS from 4 through 7 and not seen a gearbox failure. Also rallying the EVO has been pretty solid.

Possibly operator error ? It's important to remember that you can't left foot brake the stock car without stressing the drivetrain. Needs the competition diffs to get away with that. Also lots of power and SO much grip that the driver needs to modulate the throttle. Sounds possiblte you and mate were just mashing the throttle - it won't spin wheels as easily as FWD/RWDs do so the tranny has to take it. Down-shifting is an art also to preserve the drivetrain.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

K thnx mate ill pass it on to my mate

K thnx mate ill pass it on to my mate
    'course he doesn't want to admit to having done ANY of that or they'll cite warranty get-out clauses.

in fact, worth describing the driving experience as the complete antithesis of "mashing it "

Hope he gets it sorted, good car.

Here's some of the guys 'playing' at knockhill
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hey Matt you need to do some research on Japanese cars, or maybe just stay in this forum and read what we post, I'm sure you'll learn something. They're not as bad as you think (Well, I consider them great).

And please keep the bad words to a minimum, we don't use them very often

Welcome.

The funniest thing I saw was some kid who was claiming his EVO 8 was the bomb and that he had 330HP+. Well he was racing at Button Willow and I watched my friend smoke him with a 1987 VW Scirrocco! The Scirrocco out handled and performed the Evo. Yes both were modded but the VW was using old technology!!!! I 16V that came with the car and a small turbo. How about dem apples?
    Attached Images Attached Images

i dont belive that. unless the evo driver was laughing so hard he couldnt see the road properly.

i mean really. i dont think its physicaly possible for that vdub (i must say i know nothing about it) to beat a spankers evo 8. evo 8's fly, they are in no way bad or slow...

i doubt this dub could out handle or out brake or out speed an evo.

think knife edge will say anything?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Looks nice but I'm not thinking it could beat the Evo 8. It just seems, well, not logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Clunker
    Looks nice but I'm not thinking it could beat the Evo 8. It just seems, well, not logical.

See my fellow Car enthusiasts, that is the beauty of Renner Motorsports' VW Scirrocco. IT is a sleeper and yes it did happen. IT took place at the Button willow track in California. The Scirrocco is of course modded but the driver is most important. The driver in this instance happens to be Ivo, owner of Renner Motorsports. He has been racing for years and is a very professional driver. His family is a racing family. I mean the man's mother won a freakin Rally!! So if it is too hard for you to swallow that a Veedub can spank a Mitsu Evo 8, you guys can't handle facts.
    ***** No offense intended at all.*******

aaaammmaannn!!!! you got my vote
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

jap cars suck

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Adler
    He has been racing for years and is a very professional driver. His family is a racing family. I mean the man's mother won a freakin Rally!! So if it is too hard for you to swallow that a Veedub can spank a Mitsu Evo 8, you guys can't handle facts.
    ***** No offense intended at all.*******
    and did it occur that it was the DRIVER who made the difference and not the tuning ?
    Jackie Stewart many years back did a famous film when he wos Ford promotions. He drove a standard Ford Capri round a track against another driver in a fully race prepared car ( dont' remember now - maybe Cortina ) and he beat them by MILES. he used it to demonstrate the advantage of the right braking, line and throttle control.
    So unless you've drivers who you can measure against a 3rd standard, comparing 2 drivers in 2 different cars is pointless.
    BUT FUN Loved the Scirroco - as you say a 'sleeper' and the Corrado G60 was a rightful heir to THAT throne. One of the few cars I wish was still around My sister-in-law used to LOVE burning guys off on roads and track with it. They woudl get REALLY pissed off when they saw they were sh@t on by a girl

jap cars suck
    opinionated comments with no evidence suck even more

I think we've already covered why your mates trannie may have barfed on him, Matt, haven't we ?

Thread Information