Quote Originally Posted by mulsannescorner.com/news
The prototypes that Pescarolo Sport will enter this year at Le Mans and in LMS will look the same, but a lot of small details, a reworked engine and a new gearbox will improve them. A brand new carbon tub is in the Pescarolo Sport workshop. It will replace the one damaged by Soheil Ayari last year and now given to the local Museum. Yves Courage, "The past month, we have tested a lot of small things, on the aerodynamics, but also to speed the repairs. All the rear axle, behind the gearbox, will be able to be changed in a few seconds. Today, all these evolutions are nearly validated. The news parts will be made in Italy." Pescarolo will use the S2 version of the Judd GV5. "We have saved 20 kg that eventually won't help a lot, because the ACO has changed its regulations. All that because of air conditioning in GTs, but mandatory a year later. I will spend more than 70000 E for nearly nothing as I will put 45 kg of lest on my cars. It's not something defensible and explainable. It seems the regulations are favourable to them. And their engine could have a lot of bhp. Some are talking of 720 bhp." Pescarolo Sport will also use a new X-Trac gearbox. "The narrower gearbox will help us to use for the best the aerodynamic definition of our diffuser." The new version of the Pescarolo C60 will do a shakedown at the beginning of March, then will do the LMS test days at Castellet on March 25 & 26.

Yves comments regarding the ACO regulations mirror those I've privately received by various teams. The ACO seems to have missed the fact that many privateers have committed a lot of money to making even the 900 kg weight limit. Now the investment is null and void with the increase to 925 kgs. His comments regarding the changeability of the rear end are interesting and warrant further inquiry. The regulations now disallow quick change rear ends (and have since last year), but that detail certainly could have many uses during practice and the lead up to the race.
Can it go for an overall win this year....