Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kia Cee’d (ED) 2006-2012

Kia Cee’d (ED) 2006-2012

Kia Cee’d Wagon Set For Geneva Debut

* World debut for full production-ready cee’d wagon
    * Best in Europe, seven year/100,000 mile warranty
    * Unique tailgate design offers excellent load area access
    * Designed and built in Europe

The all-new Kia cee'd wagon will make its world premiere at the 77th Salon de l’Automobiles in Geneva on 6 March. It will be seen in production-ready form for the first time.

“The new Kia cee’d wagon retains all the attributes of the cee’d hatchback and offers consumers extra practicality and versatility, with a unique extended tailgate design, while keeping stylish stand-alone good looks with a truly sporty feel,” enthused Mr Jean-Charles Lievens, Senior Vice President Kia Motors Europe. “With ride, handling and performance every bit as responsive as the hatchback, the wagon will be available with a choice of engines and specifications. The new wagon is sure to delight existing Kia customers and to attract European consumers who have not yet considered our brand.”

The 4.5-metre long estate has an unusually long wheelbase and will offer class-leading passenger and luggage space, plus highly competitive levels of equipment and state-of-the-art active and passive safety. Customers in the UK will be able to choose from a wide range of models, three equipment levels (S, GS and LS) and Euro 4 compliant engines and transmissions.

To boost load carrying ability and versatility, the wagon’s overall length is increased by 235 mm over the five door, with all of that increase behind the rear wheels. The overall height is up by 10 mm. Luggage capacity starts at 534 litres – loaded up to the bottom of the rear windows – almost 200 litres more than the cee’d five-door.

The tailgate on the cee’d wagon is unique in the C-segment being designed to give excellent access to the load area. The top hinges have been moved forwards by 225 mm (compared to the cee’d hatchback), so the tailgate has reduced outswing and upswing. This allows users to stand closer to the car and the tailgate to be fully opened, even in restricted parking spaces.

The launch of the cee’d family (five-door hatchback in February 2007, wagon from summer 2007 and three-door hatch from late 2007) marks a major turning point in Kia’s history. The first-ever Kia cars designed and manufactured in Europe, they will introduce a new era for the brand.

The new cee’d wagon will be built alongside the five-door and three-door versions at Zilina, Slovakia – the most advanced and cleanest motor manufacturing facility in Europe. And to ensure worry free motoring for all cee’d drivers across Europe, the wagon will also benefit from the best warranty in Europe, first seen when launched with the cee’d five door – a full seven years and 100,000 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I must say it doesnt look bad at all. Which doesn't mean I'd buy one.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I must say it doesnt look bad at all. Which doesn't mean I'd buy one.
    Why? I would, if I had a need for more luggage space. I'm driving a cee'd (note that it should be written without capital 'C'! ) hatchback currently and I can't say a bad word about it. Everything's on par with competition like Auris, Astra or Focus and it costs 20% less.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    Why? I would, if I had a need for more luggage space. I'm driving a cee'd (note that it should be written without capital 'C'! ) hatchback currently and I can't say a bad word about it. Everything's on par with competition like Auris, Astra or Focus and it costs 20% less.
    Citroen C4 if you want boldness, Alfa Romeo 147 if you want character...

I never said the Kia was a bad product, I'm sure it's a good one, but I need something more, which no matter how good they are, korean products don't offer.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I rather fancy one of those, it's just the silly name...

Kia Community of Europe European Design
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 02-15-2007 at 01:55 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Citroen C4 if you want boldness, Alfa Romeo 147 if you want character...
    Alfa 147 if you want to pay 5000 euro more for a less functional car designed in the previous century. Citroen C4 if you want to pay 3000 euro more for... actually, I'm not sure for what.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I rather fancy one of those, it's just the silly name...
    True, the name's a bit problematic. But I still prefer the name cee'd to Cerato. especially that 'cerata' in polish means 'oilcloth'
    Last edited by go.pawel; 02-15-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Alfa 147 if you want to pay 5000 euro more for a less functional car designed in the previous century. Citroen C4 if you want to pay 3000 euro more for... actually, I'm not sure for what.
    Citroen C4 if your odd and want to spend 3000euro more and have to deal with an angry bank manager when it comes to selling it

Motion & Emotion

Citroen C4 if your odd and want to spend 3000euro more and have to deal with an angry bank manager when it comes to selling it
    You may be forgetting this but Citroens never sell at list price...haven't you seen all the adverts on TV? TG Magazine seems to rekon you could buy a 1.4 VT 3dr Hatch for under 9 grand. That's cheaper than the majority of brand name superminis, never mind small family cars (Astra, Focus etc.) and you get THAT steering wheel and the good looks of the C4. What's not to like?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    You may be forgetting this but Citroens never sell at list price...haven't you seen all the adverts on TV? TG Magazine seems to rekon you could buy a 1.4 VT 3dr Hatch for under 9 grand. That's cheaper than the majority of brand name superminis, never mind small family cars (Astra, Focus etc.) and you get THAT steering wheel and the good looks of the C4. What's not to like?
    I love Citroens and yeah, the prices are ok, always with cash back, I just don't really understand how Citroen make BreakEvenPoint...

(Personally I'd have the VTR Coupe)

Motion & Emotion

looks a bit 407 estate to me.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    You may be forgetting this but Citroens never sell at list price...
    Unfortunately here they do. Most of cars sell at list price here.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    looks a bit 407 estate to me.
    Yes, it's that rear glass/pillar shape plus the long bonnet.
    Last edited by go.pawel; 02-15-2007 at 02:26 PM.

Unfortunately here they do. Most of cars sell at list price here.
    That's a bit unlucky, where are you?

Motion & Emotion

That's a bit unlucky, where are you?
    Poland. The Land of the Ruling Twins

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    looks a bit like an audi.

I don't know about elsewhere, but here, Kia has a really bad reputation for cheap poorly made vehicles. I have no idea if they deserve it or not.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

To be honest, Kia's of now are rather good, my Dad's business partner had a new Sorento for a year and a half and said it was fantastic, and my boss has just swapped his 03 Sorento for a Volvo V70 D5, I loved his Kia, didn't seem too cheap. It was rahter american on the inside actually.

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information