Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT4 Challenge 3.3

GT4 Challenge 3.3

The winner for Challenge 3.2 is: RazaBlade

Position this week: name: time: total points (points for this race): overall position:

1st. RazaBlade-------------------1'12.304----------22 (11)------1
    2nd. shockwaveracing------------1'12.586----------18 (9)-------2
    3rd. lordofDskyline----------------1'13.893-----------7 (6)-------3
    N/A HondaNSX--------------------------------------7 (0)-------3
    N/A painterr-----------------------------------------5 (0)-------5
    N/A magracer---------------------------------------2 (0)-------6

The Rules:

GT4 Challenge 3.3 will start on Wednesday 22nd March 2006.
    GT4 Challenge 3.3 will end on Sunday 2nd April 2006 at midnight in your respective areas.
    All times must be submitted by this deadline.

All times submitted must be from Arcade Mode.
    The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tyres, aids of the new comp, and also the date for entry submissions.
    All future comps will allow unlimited Quicktuning and softest tires in Arcade mode.

You will PM your best time to RazaBlade.
    You MUST PM your time to me if you wish for it to be included.

The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
    If you have a time that you think will win, take a picture as proof. If you win you will have to present this photo as proof.
    If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
    If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.

Scoring goes like this:
    1st place receives 10 points.
    2nd place get 8.
    3rd gets 6.
    4th gets 4
    5nd gets 2.
    Everybody else who submits a time receives 1 point.
    There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will receive an additional 1 point.

The target time this week, as set by RazaBlade, was 1'13.500.

Looks like people are very busy, as there were only three entries! Common people! Join in!!! Best of luck for the next challenge....

GT4 Challenge 3.3

Car: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
    Track: Fuji Speedway '80s
    No Driving Aids
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Porsche!

Damn, that target time scared me for a moment, until I realized it was for last weeks challenge.

sorry guess, my gt4 game was gone, i got it now, so i can race now..
    Walk down the river

- Cause the river dont run...

Wow, youve already had a go! Good to see dude. Look forward to a few more entries.....
    Porsche!

What's the target time? I managed something like 1.23 at best. I'll probably have lots of time over the next few nights to go for it, and I might even be able to take a pic if I manage a truly fast lap... if I move the TV, that is.

Please tell me I didn't miss-read it the first time TWICE and the actual target time is 1.13.500... because I'm pretty sure that's physically impossible.
    Last edited by Radoman; 03-21-2006 at 07:57 PM.

No, the target time for last challenge was 1'13.500.

Sadly, I cannot disclose the target time, would spoil the fun!!!
    Porsche!

*sigh of relief*

Ah!

So hows the challenge going? The board seems to be a bit quiet, I think the exam season has set in. Fewer posts, fewer entries.
    Ive hit a mid 1'21 so far...
    Porsche!

I did a 1'26.xxx so far, don't think I need to prove that... Did 5laps but got bored then.

The TVR is a shitty handling car, lots of understeer even when accelarating during the corners. I have to admit, I don't think I can go much faster then a 1'24, maybe 23 when I get used to the track and the car. But it is a nice track, would like to race on it in real life. Almost every corner is one that you got to get used to.

Although the handling is great like you said, the engine is really responsive, and you can use that to get you around.
    Porsche!

Finally an (almost) realistic challenge:
    When somebody will dare to choose road tires (and no others choices unless they are less grippy)?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS
    I did a 1'26.xxx so far, don't think I need to prove that... Did 5laps but got bored then.

The TVR is a shitty handling car, lots of understeer even when accelarating during the corners. I have to admit, I don't think I can go much faster then a 1'24, maybe 23 when I get used to the track and the car. But it is a nice track, would like to race on it in real life. Almost every corner is one that you got to get used to.
    Softest tires are not always the best to be faster... especially in the case of lot of understeer!
    Last edited by vantage-v8; 03-25-2006 at 11:17 AM.

For the Challenge, we have to set the softest tyres, as its easy to cheat if less grippy ones are picked (you could drive in softer tyres then change the screen to the others....).
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by vantage-v8
    Softest tires are not always the best to be faster... especially in the case of lot of understeer!
    Thx for the tip.
    Normally I drive the hard or super hard racing tires cause I keep a quite agressive driving style in the game. Actually, not only in the game. The attachment are my tires, the left one is when they were new, the right one after 6000km in front of the car and 8000km on the back. Keep in mind that I tried to do as long as possible with them...
    And that was with only 90rwhp... (if the car still has 90bhp)

BTW, what does everybody think about the powersliding in GT4? I really think they totally messed it up. It's hard to get some feeling from a car in a game, and you get a lot of feeling, but from the moment the rear brakes out, it just isn't fun anymore. I even can't make donuts with the E60 M5 :s

In GT3 it was really easy to make long powerslides (a bit to easy) but with GT4, I find it easier in real life then in the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images

haven't had a crack at this yet... so i will be back in 5 with a rough lap time...

EDIT: after a 5 lap dash i hit a 1'21 flat probably another 0.5-1.0 left in it, the understeer is a bit of a pain though...
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 03-25-2006 at 06:25 PM.

Yeah, I'm not much for the understeer either.

I'm still in the mid 1'22's.

Funny, in a C5 Z06, My best in that was 1'32.658 (this is an old time). Even with the this Cerbera with out quick tune, I managed 1'28. My pro-european, anti-corvette fanboyism is trying desperately to kick in!

edit: Wow! With the rear tires set to a harder compound, it understeered less and I was able to put in an easy 1'22.454! I barely tried! But with the "softest tires" rule as set by Razablade, consider that lap void. I'll keep at it with softies.
    Last edited by Radoman; 03-25-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Thread Information