Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 Hours of Le Mans Entry List

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    That looks like the 360 though.
    No, the new 430. ( THe other pic shows the rear air ducts more clearly )

The team have only had the car for a week and the pics were a bit rushed and so is the preliminary livery So like last year, expect it to change as major sponsors sign up

Here's the only other publicly relased pic from the launch day and the one previously posted alogn with the medai pack from teh lanuch - higher res pics but still not full yet . Full media pics are going to be relased as and when and I'll be notified then and post updates in the Scuderia Ecosse thread.

PS: The pdf is too big to post. Wotuer, how about upping the pdf file sizes ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hopefully the livery will be similar to the 360's; that was one of my favourites on the grid.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

My pal took this naked shot at Sebring, you can see how new the car is inside and out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

a quick little prediction about the race;

im guessing either the 22 ROLLCENTRE will get a high top finish/win or have engine problems (non tranny) 3/4 of the way through

could be wrong (its 24hrs) but lets see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by .M.
    a quick little prediction about the race;

im guessing either the 22 ROLLCENTRE will get a high top finish/win or have engine problems (non tranny) 3/4 of the way through

could be wrong (its 24hrs) but lets see what happens
    Why do you think the seasoned Judd engine will fail?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

is the 3.4 liter as seasoned as the 5 liter version though....without the displacement its pretty stressed....like most LMP2 engine....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    is the 3.4 liter as seasoned as the 5 liter version though....without the displacement its pretty stressed....like most LMP2 engine....
    There is nothing wrong with the Judd XV675. Just because the old AER I4 wasn't a good engine, doesn't mean all LMP2 engines are bad. (BTW, AER has rebuilt the I4 so it doesn't stall anymore and it's more reliable)

Not saying its a bad engine, but compared to the GV4 or GV5, which has been around for a while and used very often in many cars, the XV675 is not nearly as widely used and probably does not have as much development mileage behind it(I do realize that the XV675 dates back to Barbour racing Reynard days in ALMS, which is 2001, and I actually have a pic of it in that car...). And the fact that it is a higher strung motor compare to the bigger displacement GVs means it inheritly have less of a margin to others, though I supposed its the same as all LMP2 car...

Nothing seriously wrong with AER or this for that matter, but once people realized that under the 675 rule(and now LMP2 rule), that potentially you can get very close to the pace of the bigger car, you started to push them harder....and you break them....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The new GV5 S2 should be more powerful and more reliable

Thread Information