Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My E30

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    My point exactly. They WILL find out when you're in a serious accident. And you won't see your money, probably get banned from being able to get any insurance anymore and you'll be paying for the rest of your life if there are injuries or deaths.

I know it's cool having an engine swap but you need to inform your insurance company. If I were you I'd do some research about this. It's not entirely illegal in Belgium. The problem is that there isn't really any good regulation on this kind of stuff. It's a bit of a grey area.
    If I inform the insurance company, then I'm going to pay extra, and the moment I have an accident, they will say my car isn't 100% correct with his GVA (gelijkvormigheidsattest).

Now, the insurance is done by a friend of mine, so it's quite safe (with he being the expert and everything), and when I do have an accident, that is quite serieous, the engine will probably be wrecked. It still is risky, but you and I know that in Belgium, driving a car with a bit of bhp (171bhp you can't really call much) is just insane when you're young. The normal insurance would be around 1500euro's, and when I have an accident, I still need to pay everything that happened to my car.

I could just buy a 325i, but then again, the amount of money that would go to insurance/taxes, for a car that only cost about 1,5/2k just isn't realistic anymore. If I would buy a E30 M3 EVO II with 235bhp, and put the insurance on my dad's name, it would cost me 440euro's. If that would be his only car. With his cars he has, it would come to a 300. And I can insure you, that my dad's driving is quite insane sometimes.

To get my car legal now, I would have to import it to Germany (easy rules), get a TUV and new GVA, import it back to belgium, get it to a special center, and they have to test everything again. Now, I've heard that that center can now test your car with mods, without the first step. But I thought thas was only for legal mods, and the only legal mods are the ones that the "johnnie's" do, and I don't feel like putting an air intake in the hood of a N/A engine, or make it that low that the ride is totally f"cked up.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    All E46 318i BMWs here have 2l 4s in em. Dunno about the E36s. Same as the 118i.
    So what do the 320i 's have? :S
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS
    Some new pics...

1: My car next to my friends new car, it's the E90 320d, wich has 203bhp without chiptuning it... But don't want to overdo it.

2: Removing the dash and installing the new cables for electric windows and central door locking.

3: New center console, with new leather around the gear shifter.

4: Picture of the car.

5: Picture of the rear end.
    Now I'm not a fan of BMW's in the least, but that, I might say is a very nice M-Sport kit on the 320d (E90)
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information