Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like Honda?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Were talking about Honda arnt we?

The difference is the LS1 DOESNT rev to 8000PRMs, where as the S2000 isnt always above 6000PRMs.
    Provong again that English doesn't help you understand and analogies dont' help you comprehend
    In real world situations here, the S2000 probably wont be above 6000RPMs.
    What a load of rubbish.
    Work colleague HAS an S200. We've been on track and I've been in it in town.
    Only a RETARD wouldnt' use the revs available
    hmmmmm ..... maybe you're right it wont get there at your "here" !!!!!
    We just expect an engine to be usable, just as if the LS1 were to rev to 8000PRMs, we'd expect it to be makeing power up there, just like we expect the F20 to make power down below.
    It *IS* usable.
    Just not to someone who decides that God put a limit on revs
    Learn to use revs, tehy can be your friend.
    Everybody else can use torque, why do you seem to have such a mental block on revs ? 'cept for the obvious that your beloved engine can't go as high

Last time .... will you PLEASE say somethign you like about Honda or fek off out of this thread ????????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Uhhhh dur...
    I was replying to your comment:
    "By the time a LS1 hits 2500 rpms the quickest it can, the S2k already broke its 8K red line"
    Are you not talking about revving in neutral?
    Not really. I was making a point that the S2000 not only revs high, but revvs fast, faster then LS1, in driving operation, so it quick with delivering the high end power when wanted/needed

Solstice really isnt in its class, the Solstice GXP would be more a match.
    Why isn't the ordinary Solistice in the same league? Do you mean it can compete with it without thr force induction

Oh god... Here we go with the rice math again...
    You might as well say "imagif the LS2 had 4 valves per cylinder, then it would be making 800hp."
    No because you can make one intake or exhaust valve the same size as two intake/exhaust valves. And they haven't figured out putting 4 valves on the OHV set up yet. And that still would work.
    My point was if Honda can do so much with so little, imagine if they ignored there philosiphy and bumped up their displacement.
    Like how a 5.7L porsche destroys a 5.7 HEMI and Small block

Heres the article:
    "On one run, we launched and shifted at 5500; the 0-60 time rose to more than 11 seconds."
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rformance.html
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Provong again that English doesn't help you understand and analogies dont' help you comprehend
    That analogy was terrible.
    What a load of rubbish.
    Work colleague HAS an S200. We've been on track and I've been in it in town.
    Only a RETARD wouldnt' use the revs available
    hmmmmm ..... maybe you're right it wont get there at your "here" !!!!!
    So under normal daily driving, and cruising around you normally keep the RPMs above 6000RPMs? Heh, can I ask what kind of gas milage you were getting? During daily driving normally you would want to keep the RPMs low as possible to save gas (and keep noise down).

It *IS* usable.
    Just not to someone who decides that God put a limit on revs
    Learn to use revs, tehy can be your friend.
    Everybody else can use torque, why do you seem to have such a mental block on revs ? 'cept for the obvious that your beloved engine can't go as high
    REVS ARE FINE, as long as you can make power at ALL of them.
    Last time .... will you PLEASE say somethign you like about Honda or fek off out of this thread ????????
    Read my last reply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta
    Not really. I was making a point that the S2000 not only revs high, but revvs fast, faster then LS1, in driving operation, so it quick with delivering the high end power when wanted/needed
    That proves nothing, that is effected by gearing...

Why isn't the ordinary Solistice in the same league? Do you mean it can compete with it without thr force induction
    Its a $20,000 squirt made to compete with the Miata. The S2K is $10,000 more, closer in price to the Solstice GPX.

No because you can make one intake or exhaust valve the same size as two intake/exhaust valves. And they haven't figured out putting 4 valves on the OHV set up yet. And that still would work.
    My point was if Honda can do so much with so little, imagine if they ignored there philosiphy and bumped up their displacement.
    Like how a 5.7L porsche destroys a 5.7 HEMI and Small block
    Like how the Porshce 5.7L is a V10, not an 8, and makes as barley more peak torque as do the other two off idle. On top of that its 10s of thousand more expencive than the LS2 or Hemi.

[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    You wanted that article didnt you?
    Last edited by Slicks; 04-06-2006 at 03:57 PM.

are you talking about power as in horsepower or power as in ability to accelerate quickly as in torque??

what matra said isnt an analogy ...

dude, its called dropping down a gear when you want to accelerate, you dont keep it in 6th ...

again, make a distinction between real power or pulling power, 2 different things

difference between a v10 and a v8 is minimal when talking about power delivery, its a valid comparison as far as im concerned, unlike comparing a friggin ls1 with an f20

why I like them? because I don't...
    i guess it's just an image thing... either u'r a ricer or u'r a boring person like everyone else...

to many people here dont actually know what "ricer" means

the have awsome cars like the civic

Never said they didn't.

Difference is some people are man enough to put their hand up when they do it

...... and your point of the post was ????????????
    to point out to some person who can get almost violently angry when somebody else makes a reading mistake, that it "can happen"....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by zeta
    Cockandballs. You obviously never drove or rode in a S2K. That thing revs extremely free, it zips through the rpms rather quicky, then anything from GM. You could get great perfomance without even going above 6000rpms, the extra 2000rpm (3000 for me, in the old 2.0L one) is for that xtra punch. The i-vtec not only adjust the valve timers for high rpm, but adjusts for low end boost as well. Hense 3 cam phase
    The GM Ecotech (2.2l) aren't half as flexable and lively as the H22, thats why its need forced induction like on the colbatSS.

EX. By the time a LS1 hits 2500 rpms the quickest it can, the S2k already broke its 8K red line.
    But still, the kind of torque at 2000rpm in an S2k and in a v8.....its like being on a totally different planet. If you think it's unfair to compare 2.0l to 389c.i., i'm talking of a much more heavy car from '60s.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

9000Rpm
    200HP
    2L...

nuff said.
    The Datto will rage again...

That woudl be like saying a Corvette 0-60 went out to 15seconds when you left hte handbrake on !!

DUMB Desperate journalists trying to support self opinions likely
    What he is trying to say is that engine wasn't punching out 'good' torque. It just shows that gearing makes a hell lot of difference in a torque-anaemic car like s2k.
    Last edited by sunk; 04-06-2006 at 11:51 PM.
    John Buffum was the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    9000Rpm
    200HP
    2L...

nuff said.
    Its 240hp. V-tch allows four bangers to have a lot of hp, but not necessarily torque in a lower range (less than 4000 rpm), where most of us will be driving.
    John Buffum was the man.

So, do you all hate turbos as well then?

I think you're all missing the point somewhat. The WHOLE POINT of VTEC engines is that they have 'two personalities', one for pootling around town and motorway driving (the economy profile) and one for blasting around the place (hi-lift, high consumption).

Also, I'd take an all-aluminium, DOHC lightweight engine in the nose of my car over a two tonne hunk of age old pig iron technology any day! Honda motors are engineering masterpieces, Yank V8s have all the delicacy and precision of a 12lb lump hammer.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Thread Information