Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saleen 302 Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    But, the Saleen version has nothing in common with the other Ford-created special editions. Plus, why should the Mustang be any different from any other incredibly popular model - such as the 997, the Boxter or any other car that has a lot of versions and a good aftermarket market?
    im not saying it does differ from the models you mentioned or any other for that matter, but as i saw it the mustang variations came out in a large number in a reletivley short amount of time....
    and im not saying that all were bad or a waste, i liked some very much but because there were so many it made some look inferior to others....if they would have been released on a different time scale they would have gotten more attention and the proper respect...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Both have valid points, but I do kind of think the amount of "special editions" and so forth is a bit excessive. What makes a couple trim options and badges a special edition. Ford should release fewer special editions, with more unique upgrades than a new model designation every month. Quality over quantity.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

You mean like the Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S that were all released at almost the same time?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

You mean like the Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S that were all released at almost the same time?
    you cant compare these cases !
    those are classes and finishings of a base model which differ by alot of things such as : engine types, drivetrain, packages and so on...
    special editions come to give a unique point of view that the designer has of a model he decided to "improve".
    and the time gap between the release of the Carrera/S and the Carrera 4/4S which are BTW only two models with different engines was longer then all these mustangs....

again, i dont underetimate their value to the brand or model range i just think their strategy was misscalculated and missjudged...

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I accept your basis and argument. However, what does any of that have to do with Saleen?

I accept your basis and argument. However, what does any of that have to do with Saleen?
    the fact that they missed to see that other companied released a special edition based on the same model and despite that decided to go forth with their version....they basicly harm them selves

Don't forget the Carrera Cab, Carrera S Cab, Carrera 4 Cab, and Carrera 4S Cab....
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street
    the fact that they missed to see that other companied released a special edition based on the same model and despite that decided to go forth with their version....they basicly harm them selves
    And does that logic change when you compare the RUF and Gemballa models that are fairly similar in performance to the higher performance 997 models?

I personally think it's fab. It's a Mustang that looks really retro and is an absolute stunner.

Yes please.

The more Mustangs, the better. Quit naysaying.

Still the interieur sucks BIG TIME. Everything looks to cheap. It's not that hard is it?
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    McLaren dont follow the routine and turn into an asshole once you're given mod duties!!!! save yourself.
    Whatever. I was going to mention my opinion on this topic but I won't bother because we're all 'assholes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Whatever. I was going to mention my opinion on this topic but I won't bother because we're all 'assholes'.
    Can I be one too

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Still the interieur sucks BIG TIME. Everything looks to cheap. It's not that hard is it?
    If they gave the car to Audi, it would have a nice interior. An awful lot of American cars have cheap, nasty interiors, and it seems that quality is lost these days.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    If they gave the car to Audi, it would have a nice interior. An awful lot of American cars have cheap, nasty interiors, and it seems that quality is lost these days.
    That's our problem. We try to make a performance car too affordable, so we have to cut corners in areas like the interior and lack of high-tech gizmos.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    An awful lot of American cars have cheap, nasty interiors, and it seems that quality is lost these days.
    Question is has there ever been quality on the interiour of most US cars and why haven't they started to give that subject a little focus?
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Thread Information