Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Drive Unlimited (V2.0)

Apparantly it comes out on PS2 in the UK in october 2006.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

64 days left til' the release fellas.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    64 days left til' the release fellas.
    More for us poor PS2 owners..

This game has made me seriously consider getting a 360

Would you guys recomend the console?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I like it. My primary reason for buying it though was originally PGR3, until I saw Gears of War ( ).

I'll be buying GOW, Fall of Man and Dead Rising for it this fall with GTAIV next fall.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

That was my initial reason for putting it onto my shopping list. But it has recently slipped furhter down my list due to other priorities and lack of money

Birthday in august though, so I would get a sizeable amount of money then, and it would also be perfect timing for TDU

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore

Birthday in august though, so I would get a sizeable amount of money then, and it would also be perfect timing for TDU
    Seriously man get it, it's well worth it, also get Call of Duty 2 for online gaming that game cannot get any better

List updated now.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I've just seen this thread, and I have to say that it does look like it has the potential to be quite a good game.

Seeing as how the official website is the biggest heap of s**te ever, and I can't extract any meaningful information out of it at all; how does it work exactly?

You need money to buy houses & cars/bikes - is this via some sort of cheesy NFS/Fast'n'Furious "pink-slip" race system?

Are there proper race circuits on the island that you can use for proper racing, is it all street racing, dodging the rush hour traffic, or do you get set races along specific sections of closed off roads - a la Project Gotham?

Lastly - anyone know when a PC demo is likely?
    Thanks for all the fish

that is the best car and bike lineup i've seen in a long time

im very excited
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I've just seen this thread, and I have to say that it does look like it has the potential to be quite a good game.

Seeing as how the official website is the biggest heap of s**te ever, and I can't extract any meaningful information out of it at all; how does it work exactly?

You need money to buy houses & cars/bikes - is this via some sort of cheesy NFS/Fast'n'Furious "pink-slip" race system?

Are there proper race circuits on the island that you can use for proper racing, is it all street racing, dodging the rush hour traffic, or do you get set races along specific sections of closed off roads - a la Project Gotham?

Lastly - anyone know when a PC demo is likely?
    You need money for cars.
    They're all pretty much unlocked from the start, but you have to find their dealers on your own to start buying them. Some like concepts, have to be unlocked later on. Bikes require something a little different. They're locked as well, and have to be bought with these "tokens" which seems to be just another form of currency.
    The only NFS thing here is like NFS1 with supercars and middle class cars, and the free roam. There are no vinyls, boykits, spoilers. There are upgrades. They come in 3 PKGs, and upgrade the car's performance. The paintshop just changes the car's color. There will be "pinks" on online in the form of making your car the reward for a race.

There is 1 racing circuit, but you'll have to unlock it later on.
    It is raced on the street though through traffic.
    From what I've seen, it varies. Some of the courses have barricades to keep you from leaving, some don't. There also seems be very little traffic in the barricaded circuits.

PC demo is not known. They pushed it back to November apparently, to keep working on it. The X360 was the primary release console, and is now only going through small tests for bugs.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

too bad they dont have the FXX in the game....thats my only complaint

EDIT: check out this new screen shot....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by werty; 07-16-2006 at 09:26 AM.

They're all pretty much unlocked from the start, but you have to find their dealers on your own to start buying them. Some like concepts, have to be unlocked later on.
    Sounds Good.

I hope they don't make it too hard to generate cash, I get fed up of games like GT4 where you have to spend countless hours pootling around races in a Shiatsu Mighty-Small Rumpus XS T-Type-Tasty before you can get at the good cars.

I enjoy video games, I don't enjoy wasting my life in front of them too much, I like to dip in and out.

PC demo is not known. They pushed it back to November apparently, to keep working on it.
    Fair enough.

Hopefully, the fact that Atari are involved with GTL/GTR is representative of the fact that they have an interest in good simulation - not that I am expecting it to be that realistic, just so long as it isn't "Test Drivel Unlimited".

I've always liked the idea of a proper "free to roam" driving game, this looks like it will fit the bill nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    too bad they dont have the FXX in the game....thats my only complaint
    It'd be a bit silly for them to have a track-only car in a came where 99.99% of the places that you can drive are "normal" roads.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-16-2006 at 11:04 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

From what I hear, AIDS on mixes Arcade and Simulation.

AIDS completely off, and it's all your own skill on driving the car.

From the devs. it shouldn't be hard to develop enough cash to buy new cars. You will eventually have to buy a new home to store more cars, so I see that there's quite some realism to the game.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

You will eventually have to buy a new home to store more cars, so I see that there's quite some realism to the game.
    Realism would be getting the builders in to enlarge the garage, who'd then make a mess of everything, and park their van across your drive so you can't get out.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

It'd be a bit silly for them to have a track-only car in a came where 99.99% of the places that you can drive are "normal" roads.
    true...but then again the concept of racing supercars on the street as a profession is silly too

maybe it will be a downloadable car

EDIT: btw, i downloaded the demo today and played it for about 1 hr....it's definetely the most realistic and exciting racing game iv'e ever seen

the graphics are great even though they aren't 100% (its the demo after all)

the engine and car sounds are incredible (note: you can roll the window up and down to hear inside and outside car/engine noises = amazing)

not much else to say, i probably should not have downloaded it, because now i can't wait for the real deal and its driving me nuts...

Thread Information