48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aston Martin DB7 Zagato

17 35.42%
  • Ferrari 575 GTZ

31 64.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DB7 Zagato or 575 GTZ ?

No sense...

Using the production year as a distinctive argument makes no sense to me. If it was so, classic cars would be a pointless concept.
    In both cars, Zagato expresses the company styling subjects in a rather pleasant way and, for me, that's the essential issue. I will nevr ahve the chance to see any of them live, but I live happier simply knowing that they exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    It was an AMR1 Raza, I'm pretty sure it was a droptop.
    Yeh youre right, it was a drop top, sorry, didnt know the two models were different.

I would stick up for the OC, but it kinda sucks now... first series was immense. This one isnt going anywhere.... a bit controversial Im sure... but a bit like Desperate Housewives...

back to the issue at hand!!

The 575 is starting to grow on me, looks quite classy actually.
    Porsche!

having just had the pleasure of seeing the Ferrari in real life, my vote goes there, but also because
    1. The Aston grill looks over the top
    2. The double bubble feature in the Ferrari is more prominent
    3. and most importantly, both are strictly 2-seaters, but the Ferrari manages to look much more compact and to the point than the overstretched Aston, just look at the rear side windows.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I prefer the Aston Martin because the image associated with Ferrari rather puts me off.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I prefer the Aston Martin because the image associated with Ferrari rather puts me off.
    In view of the number of Ferraris with a Zagato body, you can hardly blame them for that image
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    In view of the number of Ferraris with a Zagato body, you can hardly blame them for that image
    Well yes of course, it's not like I'm going to find another one in my local supermarket car park

But I was referring more to the general image associated with Ferrari fans and Ferrari ownership.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well yes of course, it's not like I'm going to find another one in my local supermarket car park

But I was referring more to the general image associated with Ferrari fans and Ferrari ownership.
    I see your point, but still do not understand why that would make the Aston the nicer looking body...

I see your point, but still do not understand why that would make the Aston the nicer looking body...
    I never said the Aston was better looking, I only said that I preferred it to the Ferrari, plus you have the ocasion to hear that maginificent V12, and avoid the flappy-paddle gearbox.
    Visca Catalunya!

I never said the Aston was better looking, I only said that I preferred it to the Ferrari, plus you have the ocasion to hear that maginificent V12, and avoid the flappy-paddle gearbox.
    I heard the V12 Ferrari.....

I heard the V12 Ferrari.....
    I've heard a V12 Ferrari too (it was a 612 Scaglietti) and though it might sound arrogant I wasn't impressed. That doesn't mean it didn't sound good, it did, but I don't know I was maybe expecting more. In my opinion the sound of an Aston Martin V12 is more distinctive and better.

However the 575 GTZ has the honour of being one of the best looking conteporary Ferarris, if slightly let down by the standard wheels and the strange vents on the front wings. It's certianly better than anything Pininfarina has come up with lately, in my opinion.
    Visca Catalunya!

I've heard a V12 Ferrari too (it was a 612 Scaglietti) and though it might sound arrogant I wasn't impressed. That doesn't mean it didn't sound good, it did, but I don't know I was maybe expecting more. In my opinion the sound of an Aston Martin V12 is more distinctive and better.

However the 575 GTZ has the honour of being one of the best looking conteporary Ferarris, if slightly let down by the standard wheels and the strange vents on the front wings. It's certianly better than anything Pininfarina has come up with lately, in my opinion.
    nice to see you mention the Scaglietti. Peter Kalikow's new 612K is fitted with the GTC package which a.o. comprises a different exhaust. From first hand (ear ) I can tell you that it makes a stunnig sound...

nice to see you mention the Scaglietti. Peter Kalikow's new 612K is fitted with the GTC package which a.o. comprises a different exhaust. From first hand (ear ) I can tell you that it makes a stunnig sound...
    Well the 612 I listened to was standard, so I'll have to believe you then
    Visca Catalunya!

the DB7 is much much nicer... looks much better. the 575GTZ looks horrible imo

I prefer the 575 GTZ. This Aston Zagato looks a little out of sorts. The Ferrari, though overdone, has both an elegant and sporty presence.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

ya

The 575 GTZ rocks

Thread Information