Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GT4 Challenge 3.6

I have no problem with the two weeks per challenge, anything you all want to do just keep the challenges coming
    PEACE AUDI

Came up with another idea yesterday, add a bit of variety to the challenges!

How about a Quickrace in Arcade Mode, so instead of submitting a fastest 1 lap in timetrial, it would be the fastest you can do a 2 lap race against opponents! Again, all same rules would apply of full quicktune etc, and the AI cars would be on level 10. Not only do you have to get past them, but also set two fast laps consecutively...... would add a bit of spice to the proceedings?

Another idea we've already had mentioned before was 2 different cars around the same track. Your overall time would be the additions of the two separate times. To make it interesting we could have road car and race car of the same model, or two different drive types so FR and 4WD....... obviously these are just ideas, its up to what everyone feels about them.

Hows this challenge going? Havent tried it competitively yet.
    Porsche!

Man RazaBlade this car is really getting me angry the handling sucks next time dont choose a car like that
    PEACE AUDI

if your going for variety how about a gran turismo mode challenge where you drive your own tuned car and can use NOS. We'll call it no rules challenge, what do you all think. but of coarse you can rale slide of cut through the grass or sand
    PEACE AUDI

Hhmm sounds fair enough, would need to do maximum tuning on it too though. Sliding over grass is already ruled out!

Done a low 55.xxx.... on the last corner, plenty of space to power it around.....
    Porsche!

If you're having a bit of trouble dude, just thought Id tell ya how I did my lap. Brake late on the corners, and then go hard on the throttle, and as the back end goes off, then feather the throttle to control it. On most corners, the car is in a bit of a slide but not too much. By the end of the corner, I was trying to straighten it out.... hope that makes sense. Im sure people have gone for different approaches, I just thought this one made sense for me and the car/track combo.....
    Porsche!

Hmm, I'll have to try that, Raza... I hate the handling. It's either horrid understeer or it's sideways into the wall. Too much high-end, not enough mid-range, too.

I keep missing these challenges due to laziness
    Last edited by Radoman; 04-29-2006 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    Came up with another idea yesterday, add a bit of variety to the challenges!

How about a Quickrace in Arcade Mode, so instead of submitting a fastest 1 lap in timetrial, it would be the fastest you can do a 2 lap race against opponents! Again, all same rules would apply of full quicktune etc, and the AI cars would be on level 10. Not only do you have to get past them, but also set two fast laps consecutively...... would add a bit of spice to the proceedings?

Another idea we've already had mentioned before was 2 different cars around the same track. Your overall time would be the additions of the two separate times. To make it interesting we could have road car and race car of the same model, or two different drive types so FR and 4WD....... obviously these are just ideas, its up to what everyone feels about them.

Hows this challenge going? Havent tried it competitively yet.
    havent raced the challenge yet, but the ideas you have suggested are cool, i have done them before in other racing comps so i have no problem with them...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    havent raced the challenge yet, but the ideas you have suggested are cool, i have done them before in other racing comps so i have no problem with them...
    excellent, if we manage to do them, you can help with the set up as you know what works/what doesnt work!
    Porsche!

Definitely in favour of those ideas.

Also like the idea of being able to race our own tuned cars. It could be done like a GT4 Tuner GP: 1/4 Mile; Lap of the Nurburgring; Lap of Autumn Ring (or similar smooth-surfaced race track, or top speed); no race cars, top 8 (?) times on each event get points to add togerther for a final score. It's a good all round test and three events means you won't run out of set-up slots!

Whadya reckon?
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

excellent, if we manage to do them, you can help with the set up as you know what works/what doesnt work!
    a 2/3 lapper would be plenty for a challenge here, would allow users to have the AI set to whatever they want, would turn tyre wear on just to have a little fun, wouldnt mind what kind of car we used, and would probably run it on a longish track like twin ring motegi or le sarthe...

have just completed an 8 lap challenge with the BMW McLaren F1 GTR, on Le Sarthe (without chicanes)... proved very difficult, due to having tyre wear set to mild, which effectively rendered the RSS tyres useless, coz they were shot to pieces in a couple of laps, so we had to minimise pit stops whilst maintaining as much pace as we could. we were also allowed to set AI to whatever we wanted... results aren't up but i hope to get a top 3 finish... i thought i was kicking ass till one of the other racers that i race against (who is an absolute freak/alien on GT4) belted my time by nearly time into next week (the guy is exceptionally good one of the fastest guys on the planet - he is hoping to race in the ESWC this year and if he does he will do very well) click on link if you want to know what the ESWC is...

http://www.esworldcup.com/2006/

other than that i would have no problems helping organise a multi lap race or a GT mode race (coz we also do those races every couple of weeks on the other site i race on - gtplanet.net if you must know, in the weekly race series)

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 05-01-2006 at 04:33 AM.

we actually did one of these about 6/7 weeks ago, in which we raced one car around the track in a forward direction, and then another car around the same track in the opposite direction... however we could only submit a combined time made up of one lap in one direction with Car A plus one lap in the opposite direction with Car B... we could run both directions around the track with each car, but our final time could not be with both cars going around the track in the same direction...

i suggest we dont make it quite so complex here if we do it, more likely, just grab 2 cars run them around a track in the same direction, and combine their times to get the best combined total time... preferably run that in arcade mode...

had a crack at this weeks challenge, quick 20 or so laps and TIME SUBMITTED, this car has the nost moonshot gearing i have encountered, but pretty easy to drive other than that...

a GT Mode race would be fun, but would require a bit of brainstorming to come up with a suitable race to do...
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 05-01-2006 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    we actually did one of these about 6/7 weeks ago, in which we raced one car around the track in a forward direction, and then another car around the same track in the opposite direction... however we could only submit a combined time made up of one lap in one direction with Car A plus one lap in the opposite direction with Car B... we could run both directions around the track with each car, but our final time could not be with both cars going around the track in the same direction...
    How about doing it with a supercar in one direction and a supermini in the other?
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    How about doing it with a supercar in one direction and a supermini in the other?
    that is a corker of an idea!!! i would do that in a flash...

TVR Speed 12 & Citroen 2CV?

Thread Information