Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Rice burners

hows it not rice its still has a fart cannon a huge wing that surves no real purpose in a front wheel drive car 30,000 or not its still a rice burner

.....so your a cheap guy cant save your money and buy a real car in my opinion body kits are lame fart cannons are stupid

if the wing was functional it would HELP even tho its still a fwd car, it wont help in the corners but on the straits itll help the car keep strait and true

but most after market wings arnt functional so ...

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    even tho its still a fwd car, it wont help in the corners but on the straits.

????
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Another user on another forum
    Why a wing can be useful on a FWD car...

FWD cars naturally understeer. At low speeds, this is all they may do, and require you to go through corners slowly. At high speeds (60 mph and above) letting off teh gas or getting on teh brakes transferrs weight forward which can cause teh front end to lose traction first, but ALSO, if entering a corner, can cause teh REAR (which already is generating lift) to get light enough to want to spin. there have been MANY crashes of FWD cars that spun under trailing throttle conditions (and Audi had to recall the TT to add a rear spoiler to fix this).

Suspension wise, you can counter the tendency to understeer at lower speeds by increasing stiffness at the rear, eith er with stiffer springs, or with a lartger swaybar. This makes teh car turn in better, meaning you can go faster through teh low speed corners (say going through a corner at 40 that would have had to be gone through at 25 before). Unfortunately, this makes the car even MORE unstable when slowing for a higher speed corner (or even just going real fast in a straight line). What to do?

Enter the wing. Adding the wing will not affect the car noticeably below 60 or so, meaning the larger swaybar allows the car to go faster through low speed corners. But by removing rear lift and adding rear downforce, even a tiny bit, the car can remain stable entering a corner at 60-80 mph (such as a freeway offramp), thus increasing speed though faster sweepers, as well. On a road course, this means greater corner entry speed and greater exit speed, making the straights between the corners "shorter" even if you've reduced top speed by 5 mph or so with the added drag of teh rear wing.

In this way you can actually make a car faster from point A to point B without adding a single horsepower AND while reducing the top speed slightly.

the point of this lecture? A rear wing can help a FWD car if properly adjusted 9though most street cars aren't). And an improperly adjusted rear wing will most likely NOT negatively affect a street car at legal speeds. (though one with a negative angle of attack can generat more rear lift making the car more unstable at speeds over 6-80mph.

Oh, that brings me to another myth: wings only work at high speed. Too often we see people looking at a car with a rear wing and saying, "I hope he plans on going over 150 to need that wing" or "that car can't go fast enough for that huge wing to work."

Wings start working as soon as air is flowing over them. A Piper Cub airplane can FLY at 35mph. (he larger the wing (in relation to the mass it's working against) the LOWER the speed at which it becomes effective. (in fact it could be argued that the typical huge double decker Ricer wing is necessary on the slow cars precisely becaeu they are too slow to be able to make a smaller wing work... ) You want to test this? Drive at 50 with your hand out the window, palm flat down. Twist your wrist up and down and fel teh air push your hand up and down. Now picture something with 30-40 times your hand's surface area at that speed...
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

now you're talking about aspect ratios

basically the size of the wing determines at what speed it will be effective and how much down/up force it will create

The difference in IMPORTS vs Domestic is that imports have high reliability factor also "more cost effective" , domestic is cheaper to buy "less quality", "low in technology". Its funny when Big block enthusiast, people get upset when 4bangers quote quote "fart cannon" beat those big block paper wieght.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXRJspec
    The difference in IMPORTS vs Domestic is that imports have high reliability factor also "more cost effective" , domestic is cheaper to buy "less quality", "low in technology". Its funny when Big block enthusiast, people get upset when 4bangers quote quote "fart cannon" beat those big block paper wieght.
    LMAO How much cash does it take to make a civic have 400 horse? Cuz it takes my paper weight less then 1k plus a new tune. Plus how often does a civic beat a viper, cobra or a vette maybe 1 to 100? My friend drove a stealth and civics always tried to race him he smoked every one. My other friend drives a camaro with a 340 horse "paper weight" and shes never lost to a civic. The truth of the matter is for every 400 horse civic theres atleast 40 more mustangs or every viper ever made has more then 400. The F150 I geuss isnt reliable but numbers talk for themselves when it is the BEST SELLING auto in the world! Get outa the house and stop playing GT4 and go to a drag track youll see imports get there ass whooped. I saw a civic on slicks that ran a 15!

If you want to see true fanboi ignorance, check out all of NSXRJspec's posts:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...nduser&u=18558

It's worth the laughs.

Pushrod engine haters, be sure to read this article:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

NSXJR Soo whats done to your "civic"? I think you need to get a job and stop playing GT4

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    LMAO How much cash does it take to make a civic have 400 horse? Cuz it takes my paper weight less then 1k plus a new tune. Plus how often does a civic beat a viper, cobra or a vette maybe 1 to 100? My friend drove a stealth and civics always tried to race him he smoked every one. My other friend drives a camaro with a 340 horse "paper weight" and shes never lost to a civic. The truth of the matter is for every 400 horse civic theres atleast 40 more mustangs or every viper ever made has more then 400. The F150 I geuss isnt reliable but numbers talk for themselves when it is the BEST SELLING auto in the world! Get outa the house and stop playing GT4 and go to a drag track youll see imports get there ass whooped. I saw a civic on slicks that ran a 15!
    A Civic is a cheap economy car. If you can tune a Civic to produce big horsepower it's an achievement in itself. If a Civic driver who races anything that moves chooses to go against a car with twice the number of cylinders and thrice the displacement, it only shows that he'll really run against anyone. Minivans, trucks, motorbikes, and even muscle cars are fair game. Granted that is lame but what amazes me is the dummy in the muscle car that would race a Civic.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Might be fast on the drag strip, not real fast on a circuit, at our national road race event,the fastest v8 qualified 20th. Friend of mine has a Nissan Bluebird runs 11 @130 , it runs a a vg30 with a T04 no intercooler 12 psi. He loves going out and racing 80 grand Monaro's here in Aust, (GTO in USA). His car has cost him 9 grand all up . To build a 400 hp 2 litre turbo( with a 36 mill restrictor in the turbo so the V8 boys dont cry) club car motor cost 5-6 grand, to build a race win ning V8 is 35 grand plus . V8's are good but not the be all and end all of motors.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...005.MALL.Q12.Y

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2005.MALL.R43
    Last edited by charged; 11-27-2005 at 04:06 PM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Charged as you said the to build a engine is less then 3-5 grand so why would you want to drop 30k on a race V8? So obvesely the majority will be not V8. I also know a guy who owns a 750 hp mustang that can own at the drag track and the road course. I see you ride a CR250 I ride a YFZ450 and a YZ125

Charged as you said the to build a engine is less then 3-5 grand so why would you want to drop 30k on a race V8? So obvesely the majority will be not V8. I also know a guy who owns a 750 hp mustang that can own at the drag track and the road course. I see you ride a CR250 I ride a YFZ450 and a YZ125
    My cr is getting shipped from interstate, should be here next week, used to race bikes years ago when I had more hair and a smaller waist. Rode a KTM 525 on the weekend, what a weapon that was. Hopefully I wont cripple myself on the CR I think Im going through a mid life crisis, trying to recapture my youth
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    My cr is getting shipped from interstate, should be here next week, used to race bikes years ago when I had more hair and a smaller waist. Rode a KTM 525 on the weekend, what a weapon that was. Hopefully I wont cripple myself on the CR I think Im going through a mid life crisis, trying to recapture my youth
    Yeah Ive heard one of those bikes is redicously fast. My YZ125 works fine for me but im gonna sell it in the spring and buy a 250 or a 450.

Quote Originally Posted by PBB
    If you want to see true fanboi ignorance, check out all of NSXRJspec's posts:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...nduser&u=18558

It's worth the laughs.
    HA!!!!

Thread Information