Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you....

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    3 words- International Minivan championship. Toyota VS. Nissan Vs. Honda Vs. Ford Vs. whoever makes vans, or MPV as they call it in Europe on tracks such as the Nurburgring.

or a series for highly modified street cars, with no restrictions on a road course.
    i'd enter that! i love racing mini vans!! oops don't tell my parents i said that!
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    BTW, tehre was PLENTY of safety standards in GroupB cars.
    They had roll cages as strong as modern competition cars.
    Just they got to speeds FAR in excess on classic stages which made it MUCH more dangerous.
    Modern rallying is partly safer because the rallies are shorter stages, lower agverage stage times and no LONG events.
    It's not fair to blame the CAR it was the formula and events that made the car more dangerous.
    Hmn knew I was off there somewhere.

OK, but the cars still had to be lightweight?
    Therefore the lightweight in thoery could propel the car to greater speeds, making it more dangerous.

I think if there was a twenty-four hour rally where they'd be only one car and there could be a stop to relieve the drivers by the second pair it'd be really great, as an experiment atleast.

Or go back to the days of 3 DAYS of rally stages like the classic days of the British. Night time and early morning stages, about 4 hours sleep overnight if they were lucky. LONG, FAST stages interspersed with longish road routes. The nav would drive those, the driver would grab 30 minutes sleep.
    The mechanics would leap-frog to set up service at next halt ( side of the roads for emergency repairs )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower
    to create a convertible racing le mans series..they have to battle outdoor and indoor weather, test the driver's ability not only on the track but resistance to cold, wet, etc. The drivers have unlimited changes, they only have to change when they're beat down, less changes is therefore an advantage..
    I like that.

I would also get rid of a mechanics team. The driver has to fix, fuel and replace tires himself. There could be people to hand him tools to speed it up a bit.
    The only role that the mechanics team would play is in developing the car. But the driver needs to know how to fix it during the race. He could also ask a few questions (limited) to the mechanics team if he doesn't know how to fix a certain problem.

PS: matra, I saw 2 Alpine A610s with British number plates on the ring road around Antwerp this week. A black and red one with 4 blokes in it. I had to think of you

I'd create a new kind of rallying run with road sedan.

Supercar racing. Invite the world's most famous supercars and sports cars and let them duke it out on different courses.

I know someone posted a picture before of the MC12, Enzo, and others on a racetrack in the POD thread.

I'd call it, Supercar Challenge.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    I'd create a new kind of rallying run with road sedan.
    Group N?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Group N?

no. Imagine your take a Laguna DCI and you run a rally like Australia or UK Rally.

I would start a new Touring Car Series (screw you Speed Touring Car Championship)

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    no. Imagine your take a Laguna DCI and you run a rally like Australia or UK Rally.
    That's what GroupN lets you do.
    You can enter ANY car manufactured in any rally event in teh GruopN class.
    If you want to rally a Bentley Continental GT you can, if you want to rally a Smart Two , you can
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    I would start a new Touring Car Series (screw you Speed Touring Car Championship)
    What like the World Touring Car series ?
    ( Where this time the "World" series includes places outside of the US )
    Andy Priaulx doing well again in the BMW.
    http://www.fiawtcc.com/
    Even has Chevrolet ( designed and built by Ray Mallock engienering in the UK )

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Or go back to the days of 3 DAYS of rally stages like the classic days of the British. Night time and early morning stages, about 4 hours sleep overnight if they were lucky. LONG, FAST stages interspersed with longish road routes. The nav would drive those, the driver would grab 30 minutes sleep.
    The mechanics would leap-frog to set up service at next halt ( side of the roads for emergency repairs )
    I Want a Video!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    or a series for highly modified street cars, with no restrictions on a road course.
    Like, for example, the Tuner Grand Prix?

http://www.europeancarweb.com/events/0411ec_tunergp/

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=11260
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information