Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: domestic vs import

Quote Originally Posted by Chinky_boi
    i dont get the point. why do people argue about who hates what and who has the best. cars were meant for transportation and not about what is faster or slower. cars were meant for taking something to point a to b. its no use having a fast car even though you can only drive 35mph or 50kmh at most times. most ricers think that way. they always think one car is always faster then another like they think there car can beat every car. ya some cars are faster then another but whats the point. you will never test out all those cars to see whose faster
    Vey true, but car companies make cars to make money. They have to produce what the consumers want to make a profit. So if the consumers want a fast car, then they try and make fast cars. If the consumers want an economy car, bla bla bla. Obveously there are people who like perfomance cars, otherwise they would not sell and then would not exsit. Most people do not like Honda for the same reason, the ricer fan boys. The ones who think hp/l matters and think that hondas are the best in the world. I personally like Honda, but not for perfomance cars. They make good family cars, but lack in the perfomance division in the US. The NSX is very overpriced and over rated in the US and for the price of the S2k you could get a better perfomance car.

Hmmmm. Cars as transportation??? methinks your on the wrong website.

I don't hate Hondas, We Used to own an accord, but in all seriousness i could never have loved the car. Japanese cars, in my mind, do there job and do in uncomplainingly, just like japanese people. thus american tastes are extolled on there cars, and aussie tastes on their, british on theirs.....

Cars are the ultimate expression of freedom and individuality, some would look at a "Riced" Toyota and snigger, while others think how brave that dude is for putting his creation out there, i don't mean to be poetic, but their kind of like abstact paintings, while modding cars like BMW's and such could be seen as formal portraits, and modding stuff like Ferraris could be considered sculpture.

Be Happy they exist, they are the Yang to your american Yin.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

well heres how people hate cars when its not really true

american=heavy, consume alot of gas
    japanese= ricers, bad performance
    european= expensive, cost alot of to fix

whats really true

american=there not that heavy comapred to a japanese cars there about the same and the consuming thing i explained in the first post

japanese= yes ricers make imports look bad but they do it for fun but when they do it to much it will look bad and no honda isnt bad in performance. i think hondas have good performances compared to alot of cars

europeans= yes they cost alot but its worth it driving a luxary car. and no its not expensive to fix these days. yes it cost more then japanese and american but not by much

well heres how people hate cars when its not really true

american=heavy, consume alot of gas
    japanese= ricers, bad performance

whats really true

american=there not that heavy comapred to a japanese cars there about the same and the consuming thing i explained in the first post

japanese= yes ricers make imports look bad but they do it for fun but when they do it to much it will look bad and no honda isnt bad in performance. i think hondas have good performances compared to alot of cars

europeans= yes they cost alot but its worth it driving a luxary car. and no its not expensive to fix these days. yes it cost more then japanese and american but not by much

"ricer" is now more of an attitude/styling concept now then it is refering to asian cars. my god i see just about as many "riced out" american cars. ie sunfires, mustangs, grand prix, cavilers etc, as i see civis,eclipse, etc. all car companies have there goods and there bads. you cant really compare american to european to japanese. they all have differet types of styling, engine configuration, crash ratings etc. you have to just ignore all the asses that put a big wing and a fart can on ANY type of car and say they run a 1/4 in 9sec. thoes people are not car enthusists. I dont mind bodykits, if they are done right and look good, and if the person doesnt claim it adds 30hp to there car.lol

Mladdo have you ever worked with euro cars? i have they are damed expensive cars to fix and most of the people who buy them treat them like shit!not all of them are luxurious and most of them are fenominally boring to drive its not funny.
    Well riceing in some cicles is called street styleing...wehad a mate say that and another mate answerd so thats what you call riceing nowdays....apprently thereis a diffrent but in my eyes its SSDD.
    And Moose they are enthusiests for their cars and as my mum says if it makes them happy let them make their cars look like shopping trollys (refering to the fact their more of something your mother should be driveing in most peoples opions and they put the big alloy wings on the back like a shopping torlley handel)

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Hmmmm. Cars as transportation??? methinks your on the wrong website.

Cars are the ultimate expression of freedom and individuality, some would look at a "Riced" Toyota and snigger, while others think how brave that dude is for putting his creation out there, i don't mean to be poetic, but their kind of like abstact paintings, while modding cars like BMW's and such could be seen as formal portraits, and modding stuff like Ferraris could be considered sculpture.

Be Happy they exist, they are the Yang to your american Yin.
    If you were a girl, id be in love....

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    And misho my friend looks is a very debatle issue i personally find hondas as apeealing as a leyland p76 in the looks department...thats just me though.
    and i'm totally OK with that !! i know that looks is probably the most subjective issue of cars. i was just stating my opinion in that i find most of Honda's lineup are viually nice on the outside and the inside.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

haha chinky boi is rite...

Slicks, don't take it too far, i am a guy, and a KID at that, we don't want you attracting the Micheal Jackson stigma!!!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I used to own a Honda (88 Accord DX hatch, last of the carbeurated Hondas). It was slow as a pig but reliable except for ball and CV joints, and got good mileage. I'm a huge fan of Japanese cars, I don't buy anything but. They're not all boring, though the Accords and Camrys that so many are buying are painfully boring.
    I don't hate Hondas, but I'm not very hot on them either. Not the new ones anyway, but I would take a 92-96 Prelude. My biggest problem with Honda nowadays is their engine philosophy: "Who cares about torque? Just give it a ridiculous redline and we can advertise 200 hp!" Even the S2000 feels like a golf cart below 3500 rpm. My preference is not to have to wind the crap out of the engine to get it to go.

this thing has been keeping me kinda pissed for years of people being racist are making fun of american and european cars. ya japanese cars got the looks but does it have the power??
    Using the term racist here is a bit rich. Most people will generally lean towards the type of cars theri domestic manufacturers build. That is because domestic manufacturers build cars for their own markets. Kind of makes sense huh? No country has a monpoly on luxury , speed, performance, design or anything else . Some are better on average in some area but you can find something you would like from just about any country except France. (just kidding Henk and Matra!)

most ricers say they can beat a v8 muscle car. but it takes alot of modding to do so. with all that modding why not just buy a muscle car in the first place thing tuning up your car for more the price. ive beard of ricers saying they put a some body kits and say they can beat a F1 car. i mean F1 cars are 2000lb and lighter and have a 0-60mph in 2.2 secs. it takes over couple dozen grands to meet with that. sometimes it takes over 1million dollars of tuning to beat that.
    You dont have to go far to find someone who will make an outrageous or plain idiotic claim about theri favorite car. Unfortunately you dont actually have to leave this web site. A true V8 muscle car to me conjures the image of a GTO or 70s Plymouth type of thing. These are powerful but of questionable handling and build quality. Thats ok really in as much as they are built for other reasons and to a price. To make a Plymouth Roadrunner fast, well built and luxurios, together with true sports car handling is beyond the design and cost capabilities of the manufacturer.

When Japanese cars first made their way to Australia they were of questionable quality, performance, styling and just about everything else. The Japanese industry has actually responded, improved and grown more dynamically than any other nations given their time in the business.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    Hey Niko, i dont see why you claim many people hate Hondas ?? and what puzzles me even more is how can a sane human being not LOVE Hondas ??! they are amongst the best car makers in the world.
    excllent relaibity, engines, looks, handling . . . i think that Honda is THE best car maker in Asia.
    The words of this years potential nobel prize winner courtesy of the Misho theory. Honda do have a good reputation for quality and engineering but I believe theye are also quite expensive to repair. I would also like them to toy with the rather esoteric idea of rear wheel drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Outside of America, the car industry has ofuccsed on absorbing impact through planned deformation of the bodywork and chassis.

America cars had approached the safety angle like a tank designer. More steel is stronger and better.

The planned absorption of energy is better and safer for everyoine involved !

European cars now have star-ratings for crashes.
    I remember when the Espace was (I think) a 4 and a Ford Aero/Windstar managed 1 !
    Most new Euroepan manufactured cars are now aiming for 5 - the maximum.
    This is safer for us all as it focusses on survivability of the passengers, not of the vehicle.
    ( There is another argument that they are NOW designing to pass the test rathe than be safer - don't know how true that is )

So you arel guaranteed to see European and Japanese cars which end up destroyed front and/or back. BUT, limited intrusion into the "passenger safety cell".

Well on 'ricers', a lot of them talk b***sh*t

However, you should remember that a classic muscle car has more weight in the engine ithan in the whole car of the best and fastest sportscars ! ( another over-exageration )
    Weight is king in overal performance. In straight line that weight CAN be overcome with MORE power - an easy commodity for a V8 tuner - but cannot be overcome in cornering, braking and 'chuckability'.

So no car or format is 'king'.
    Some are better for acceleration and some people like that.
    Some make greata noise and some people like THAT.
    Some handle the best and ....
    etc
    etc

Takes all kinds.
    As usual superb. Saved me commenting on crumple zones et al and abusing ricers. Again you go point free courtesy of the rep point nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    The words of this years potential nobel prize winner courtesy of the Misho theory. Honda do have a good reputation for quality and engineering but I believe theye are also quite expensive to repair. I would also like them to toy with the rather esoteric idea of rear wheel drive.
    thanks for pointing it out, i didnt even know i was nominated !!

as for Hondas being expensive to repair, i guess that again is dependant on where on the map you are. they might be relatively expensive to repair in australia, but i dont think the same could be said for canada where they could be considered average in terms of repair costs. moving on to a third location, the Middle East, i think it is kind of safe to say that they are cheaper than most other makes for repairs. then again, it is never SAFE to say anything here !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    ...Just give it a ridiculous redline and we can advertise 200 hp!" Even the S2000 feels like a golf cart below 3500 rpm. My preference is not to have to wind the crap out of the engine to get it to go.
    I've said this one often, it's a cultural thing.
    Americans are used to V8s and the idea of an engine revving is alien.

We're used to fast-revving light engines over here and some enjoy the sound of an engine doing 10000 revs. Yep the usable power may start at 4K but it goes to 10K, as discussed elsewhere - not a huge difference from a V8 starting at 2K and going to 8K
    I ride bikes to and don't have a problem using 12K on the right roads/track
    I've heard a Honda race engine rev to 20,000 revs ( and it reportedly was 24,000 when it was original )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information