Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gumball pics/stuff I saw in London

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    WTF that's on the autolei (or what's the name) that goes from Wommelgem to Schilde. Comming from the Wijnegem Shopping Center, that's like 3 minutes from where I live.
    haha.....then you must be a regular visitor of the Ferrari dealer there
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

Been there once to get me a brochure of the Maserati Quattroporte . But I drive past it all the time to get to the Antwerp ring road.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    the "f..k the law" content of this event is very evident, just read what happened in Belgium. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that participants will be asked to show proper racing credentials or even evidence of having had proper driver training.
    It is this sort of "raod race" based on some romantic US concept, that will finally make Europe decide to disallow any form of racing on public roads, victimising real events like the Tour Auto or the Classic Mille Miglia.
    I thought the last 'real' Mille Miglia was in 1957, or 1955 depending on opinion. Any modern rally-format event will encourage speeding, infact the Classic Mille recently claimed two lives, in 2003 I believe.

Personally I like to see people enjoy cars. The Gumball has receieved unbelievable reception across the globe, and while it seems more dubious than classic events, it's fueling a massive interest in everything automotive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickrich
    I thought the last 'real' Mille Miglia was in 1957, or 1955 depending on opinion. Any modern rally-format event will encourage speeding, infact the Classic Mille recently claimed two lives, in 2003 I believe.

Personally I like to see people enjoy cars. The Gumball has receieved unbelievable reception across the globe, and while it seems more dubious than classic events, it's fueling a massive interest in everything automotive.
    Hi Richard, yes, of course the last Mille Miglia was 40 years ago. I actaully did not know about two fatalities in 2003, and yes that can happen. As we personally literally followed the cars in Tour Auto I can confirm that sticking to the maximum speed is not the first priority of the participants.

I could not agree more with the statement that people have to enjoy cars, but the massive interest in everything automobile is also fuelled with the authorities and mostly likely not in the way we desire. I am sure sure should one serious crash happen now the black flag will be out. Anyway prom personal experience you should know that only few Western European roads are currently empty enough to allow the gumball cars to have it their way.

And if I can choose, I personally prefer to see the Tour Auto cars on the road rather than modern supercars.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Hi Richard, yes, of course the last Mille Miglia was 40 years ago. I actaully did not know about two fatalities in 2003, and yes that can happen. As we personally literally followed the cars in Tour Auto I can confirm that sticking to the maximum speed is not the first priority of the participants.

I could not agree more with the statement that people have to enjoy cars, but the massive interest in everything automobile is also fuelled with the authorities and mostly likely not in the way we desire. I am sure sure should one serious crash happen now the black flag will be out. Anyway prom personal experience you should know that only few Western European roads are currently empty enough to allow the gumball cars to have it their way.

And if I can choose, I personally prefer to see the Tour Auto cars on the road rather than modern supercars.
    Agreed! It's too bad you missed the Tour Auto, I don't think I've seen much clear and complete coverage yet.

Thread Information