Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bugatti Roadster?

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    As they already have three in that roughly defined segment, yes. It's always easier to come down than go up, as was the case with the Phaeton. Which is the model I was referring to when I said, needing a defined market segment. A VW sedan for a 100K? Really now, c'mon!!

The GX3 is coming down a little too much. Akin to going to a top-rated restaurant that specializes in fillet mignon and asking them to also offer two-tacos-for-a-buck. Just doesn't fit...the image of Bugatti is what I was saying, to sell tarted up TTs.
    I understand how you mean its easier to go down than come up...but I really dont consider a unique 3-wheel sportscar to be too far down...its not really at the bottom of the chart, its off the chart...its not a $0.50 taco, its like a piece of gourmet sushi; very small, but so totally different that you really cant compare it

The Bugatti SAS company officially denied any rumours about a small Bugatti of only 50KEuro. Bugatti chief Thomas Bscher now talks about a 4 door saloon, with 950HP, which should cost approximately 1 million euro. No details yet, but this seems to be a logical step. An expensive four-door will be much more useable than a supersportscar, and will therefore sell better. Romano Artioli tried the same with the EB112, which came to late, however.

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891
    i hope this isnt a repost but i saw this on aol...http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/27/t...-mans-bugatti/

"A cool million and change for a Bugatti Veyron a little too rich for your blood? Autobild ran a story on the vehicle that will put the likes of the BMW M coupe and roadster, Audi TT and Porsche Boxter/Cayman squarely in its sights -- a Bugatti coupe and roadster that will cost a measly $62,300. The little Bugatti may have only a four-cylinder engine, but at just 2450 lbs. the little car will have the power-to-weight ratio to blow the 0-60 times of its competition right out of the water -- thanks to the aluminum body, the vehicle should make the trip to highway speed in four to five seconds.

Thanks to Noah for the tip."

is that news to anybody else?

and any opinions? i think it may be a good way for bugatti to get some money back from the veyron, and it looks cool enough. it seems to me like they could be preparing (crosses fingers) for a veyron roadster??

It appears to be on the cards but still very much under wraps. Here's another
    two concepts that look like mini Veyrons
    Howzit Chris I'm Chris too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Glisson; 09-27-2006 at 07:23 PM.
    Bugattitude
    "Nothing is too beautiful, nothing is too expensive"
    Ettore Bugatti

Quote Originally Posted by Type 59
    The Bugatti SAS company officially denied any rumours about a small Bugatti of only 50KEuro. Bugatti chief Thomas Bscher now talks about a 4 door saloon, with 950HP, which should cost approximately 1 million euro. No details yet, but this seems to be a logical step. An expensive four-door will be much more useable than a supersportscar, and will therefore sell better. Romano Artioli tried the same with the EB112, which came to late, however.

Sure hope this is'nt the end result!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bugattitude
    "Nothing is too beautiful, nothing is too expensive"
    Ettore Bugatti

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    By the way most of you have spoken out, I would say VAG succeded on re-launching the Bugatti name with the Veyron exercise. A couple years ago we would associate it with a company that did nice sports cars long ago and was defunct. Now, you associated it with an exclusive product with high performance.

So logically next step is to try get some cash out of their investment. Everybody wants to emulate Porsche nowdays, as it is "the most profitable" car company in the world (although I don't know if they are measuring net profits, margin or return on investment). Fighting head on with the 911 icon is something few will do, so they logically aimed at the boxter/cayman market.[/I]
    Wise words there. I would add that Bugatti also brings to mind the elegant little racers - Type 34 springs to mind. Very small, very lightweight, and full of whatever that old phrase "small but beautifully crafted" means. Not that any auto maker would know what that means these days. I was hoping to see more svelte styling exercises for Bugatti's "mere mortal" car; something that could capture the sense of narrowness and modest proportion.

When I think about re-inventing Bugatti as a maker of fine sports cars, I think of something along the lines of the Type 35.
    When I think Veyron, I think Royale: I think Royale with cheese.

Thread Information