Thread: Why do car magazines from the UK have to be SO expensive?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Evo and Top Gear are huge magazines with excellent photography and incredibly indepth writing. Quality costs money.
    I understand photographs take money but I'm not very sure if writing does too much. Then again it's probably the ideology. Just look at the difference though - about 490. That's nearly how much I earn on one job per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo
    Awesome. A one-year subscription to Sport-Auto (the best french mag) costs €55 (12 issues).
    Going to join?

Quote Originally Posted by Can
    that was a comparison between the Cayman and the Exige and the Cayman won because it was FASTER around the same track as the so called "track car" and had a better interior/comfort at around the same price. AND the lows did not include racecar soul (where ever you got that info) the lows were Race car noise limited rear view and race car creature comforts. Race car soul was actually in the HIGHS.
    Yeah I forgot that. I didn't read the full issue but did C&D mention the cornering of the Exige and top end power of the Cayman?
    Either way I stand by what I said, if it's going to be a race car yes you want the noise not an SL500. Race car creature comforts were sparco racing seats and stereo, carpets and I think even air con were optional so you can't really say much there now can you. Anyways thanks for posting that up.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAv
    So which is considered best: Evo, Top Gear, or CAR?
    Good question. I've already been told Top Gear isn't very good by many Brits but can anybody here verify that and answer the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by MK
    The reason magazines from other countries are expensive is mostly postage costs. When we did inserts on my mag, the biggest cost for the advertiser was the extra price incured through the additional few grams. And that didn't even go abroad.
    The thing is I cannot understand how overseas package with C&D in the US takes just 8 more dollars wherever you are and I'm here in the ME than UK which is understandibly nearer. Are the planes fitted with super fuel and the packages kept on leather seats?
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 05-22-2006 at 04:20 PM.

Thread Information