Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: post mal humorado: salão de Lisboa 2006

There are many native portuguese speakers in this forum who can understand you perfectly

I was just making a statement, that's all.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by ribatejo69
    Well, my dear friends, my english is so poor, so poor, I can't write something like two lines in read mode... why you don't read portughese? try, is easy, you will know, sure! a very old and musical language, so poetic some times also...

If, in this forum, have a official language I don't know that before. Thats why I write my words about cars and mistake cars in my native language. But, I think but not sure, have some participants who live in Portugal, sure? ok, that's all, and remember: not all are poliglot but all love cars.
    Judging by this, You're english is well enough understandable. Besides, I think many of the people here that don't speak english as their first language, have made a major progress in their english by reading and writing in the forum. At least my own vocabulary has gotten somewhat wider.

"understable" is not enough when I write a 'text', some thing along conversation. I read english; and french, and spanish. Of course. But I'm a writer, a little writer but a writer. And I have careful whit the words when I write: I like make words in sensus way, if possible very sensus way. Undestand? It's very difficuty to me write in another language alng my native. When I live in Africa I speak 'ronga' and another local languages, in easy way. But never I try write in this mode. never. Also for respect for they story and culture, blá blá. Because I love write and is for me a strong sick if I read something wrong write. Me too, of course I give a mistakes in writing. All have. But one thing is the ocasional mistake, some times a finger in the wrong 'clap', another is the strong error, what a horror, what a language offense! By respect, I say.
    Ok, I like this moment, it was very pleasure, now I return to my portughese work of write nice words! and spy nice and lovely cars eheheh
    Bye!

did you see? undestandable, of course!

"understable" is not enough when I write a 'text', some thing along conversation. I read english; and french, and spanish. Of course. But I'm a writer, a little writer but a writer. And I have careful whit the words when I write: I like make words in sensus way, if possible very sensus way. Undestand?
    I think I know exactly what you mean, I tend to be quite careful with what I write myself and sometimes it takes pretty long for me to make just a few sentences so that they come out sensible enough.

Muito bem, assim gosto de ler, bom texto Esqueceste-te da melhor novidade este ano, o aparecimento de um "verdadeiro" representante da Lotus em Portugal.

Very well, thats something i like to read, good story you forgot about the best news this year, that Lotus as got a true representative in Portugal.

Bem Vindo ao Forum

I just want to appologise for some members that can't tell the difference of Portuguese from Spanish, actually for some, every other language other than english must be Spanish... and "cabrone"? that's really nice!
    Last edited by ruim20; 05-25-2006 at 05:10 AM.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Olá Carlos.

Vou escrever em inglês por respeito à comunidade. estou certo de que entenderás tão bem como em português.

Starting with the language issue, I assume that your post was made initialy for some portuguese forum. And from the way you wrote it (assuming those are your words, at least is what it seemed to me) it would be an hard task to put it perfectly in english. Anyway, writting in portuguese here is a bit of a time-loss since there aren't that many lusitanian members. For others is a bit sad to see a thread, wish to know what is written there and not understanding it.

I hope you don't mind that I make a resumé of the main point of your thread.

To put in 2 lines, ribatejo69 was telling the story of his visit to the Portuguese International Auto Show. He was a bit sad to see how so many of the visitors act in such dumb way, showing their deepest emotion towards very uninteresting or mainstream cars and ignoring the real special cars, those that really appeal to the senses of the "connoisseur".
    He even referred the tale of 2 portuguese brothers who, after winning the Euromillions first prize, bought 10 Mercedes!!!

Though I obviously agree with the most part of your impressions, there is a point where I disagree: you were annoyed by the fact that people were gathering like crazy around the Enzo and almost negleting the Ford GT. Well, although I don't see myself as one of those guys that are completely silly on what comes to car-related issues, I'd be next to the Ferrari too.
    I admire the Ford GT for what it represents and for being such an achievment for a mainstream make, not used to build exotics. It's a car placed right up there with the F430 and such, wich means a lot. But it's not an exotic on the Enzo league. And Ford, though being a great maker, can't ever feel as special as a Ferrari.

On the other hand, I agree with you on some points. It's in fact a shame that we can't see Morgan and other special makers there. But that's a reflection of how appealing our market is for those makers and the reason why I didn't go there.

Keep posting!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

(in 'my' english I say
    Ok, thanks McReis and other guys. You understand my point about writing in national language, if case of 'text' and not usual conversation.
    This text is publishing by me in my blog sometimes ago, and in a MSN Groups. A lot of time I came to UC for see photos and read some posts. But, by language reason I explain before, I don't post thread's.
    I agree (of course, have another way for looking that?) whit you translate long texts is so difficulty and is a job not for my legs: too shorts...
    Now, I have two chances: stay like before, see and colect pic's, or post some of my car's texts. But, this way, only in portughese is in my hand.
    I think have a lot of UC member's dont'understand portughese, is natural because the car net world is english basical. But I also believe have a lot of portughese (or of Mozambique, Angola, Brazil, Macao, etc) 'silent readers', this is a strong possibility. Isn't shame dont read well another language. And, maybe, is a piece of sun for that people, see words he understand in a "jungle" of another strange and enigmatic cryptoghafic symbols...
    Well, the talk about this is so long, never end story...
    I promisse in the futur try write a english car's text, just for amuse and the english's purist cry rivers of revolt!!!
    About the FIL's cars '06, is my vision, your vision, like football. But I say to you I'm not a particular Ferrari's fan, actual times...
    My regards for all the UCP Forum

J'ai failli faire une très mauvaise plaisanterie...

(in 'my' english I say
    Ok, thanks McReis and other guys. You understand my point about writing in national language, if case of 'text' and not usual conversation.
    This text is publishing by me in my blog sometimes ago, and in a MSN Groups. A lot of time I came to UC for see photos and read some posts. But, by language reason I explain before, I don't post thread's.
    I agree (of course, have another way for looking that?) whit you translate long texts is so difficulty and is a job not for my legs: too shorts...
    Now, I have two chances: stay like before, see and colect pic's, or post some of my car's texts. But, this way, only in portughese is in my hand.
    I think have a lot of UC member's dont'understand portughese, is natural because the car net world is english basical. But I also believe have a lot of portughese (or of Mozambique, Angola, Brazil, Macao, etc) 'silent readers', this is a strong possibility. Isn't shame dont read well another language. And, maybe, is a piece of sun for that people, see words he understand in a "jungle" of another strange and enigmatic cryptoghafic symbols...
    Well, the talk about this is so long, never end story...
    I promisse in the futur try write a english car's text, just for amuse and the english's purist cry rivers of revolt!!!
    About the FIL's cars '06, is my vision, your vision, like football. But I say to you I'm not a particular Ferrari's fan, actual times...
    My regards for all the UCP Forum
    interestingly, this guy is from another country, yet he doesn't type like Ali Baba
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

ribatejo69, I can understand what you write almost completely. Don't let the sense that you don't use the greatest English to stop you from posting and sharing you opinions.

That goes for other silent members as well. I understand not everyone wants to become a post whore () but I hope the UCP community is good enough to accept people's thoughts before judging their English.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    interestingly, this guy is from another country, yet he doesn't type like Ali Baba
    That's cuz not everyone is out to flame forums...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Ok people, let's go to the show you never see before! a complety new post in English way, by a guy whit basical school english lessons, loooong time ago... let's see... about what? cars, of course. But what kind of cars? the most uglliest of all, the things made by the crazy sick brain of Baviera, Chris 'the monster' Bangle? It's my happy day when he kidnapeed by muslins in Afegh or Irak, and I dont pay a cent for his freedom! Ok, that's strong joke... I pay just a kick of ass out of all the designs rooms over the world (maybe a little job in a futuristic toys factory, only for the crazy monster pay the bread day and the bill about medical treatment
    One day, or better: onde afternoon, I'm make my legs for the another side of the street and - sure! I'm not died in certly by a miracle! not because same car can crash me like a egg, not that sweet way, my friends! the torture is more sofisficad and she go to me in 3 visions of hell! : the first, just in front of my terrorizad eyes is like a machine who came from the futur, and came from a bad 'B series' FC: did you know what kind of thing result in the cross of a spaceship and a nightmare? yes, the 'six series', you get the award! did you see, whit open eyes and clen of drugs that back? really? the volume, in right, is for take inside peach boxes by a broken farmers spend the last money in ugly toys, more uglys or his mistress - and I see one or two, she's like a horses of their farms!
    Well, I'm not died and, when I can take me to the nice real world, I give a look for another side of the street and... I don't put my body now in the floor I don't know why... did you belive what car is aprochinng? did you? never, and you are a happy guys, believe me... a thing whit four tyres (the only god thing, I presume...), eyes like a bat and body like a rhino! The only, the special one, the nightmare express from Baviera: one '5-series', and I don't died just in this moment only because I know my torture is not in the end!
    When I try to return to my self, straight, when I put again my foot in the black floor (I dont'know the english name for 'alcatrão', sorry folks) of the shame street, what Madame's Thussaud best Horror is coming to me? : Yeahhh, the thirth piece of the hell, one trash whit name and no shame, half fish half aboirting results of a bad life... the z-4, and I quit cross the street, go back to my home in maximum speed, arms in the air, say to my self things like "#?&* and others, this era is not good times to live in sanity...
    Ok, the end of story is in the another day I became UCP member's, I see and collect pics of sweet cars and not of Bangle's crazy ideas, before came another one, the 'best' of all, the 7-series, a perfect tank for retired generals and admirals!
    Thats all, thats my story. Did you like or I shutup right now?

Carlos Gil

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Interestingly, you don't seem to realize most of us are "from another country"...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Ok people, let's go to the show you never see before! a complety new post in English way, by a guy whit basical school english lessons, loooong time ago... let's see... about what? cars, of course. But what kind of cars? the most uglliest of all, the things made by the crazy sick brain of Baviera, Chris 'the monster' Bangle? ...Well, I'm not died and, when I can take me to the nice real world, I give a look for another side of the street and... I don't put my body now in the floor I don't know why... did you belive what car is aprochinng? did you? never, and you are a happy guys, believe me... a thing whit four tyres (the only god thing, I presume...), eyes like a bat and body like a rhino! The only, the special one, the nightmare express from Baviera: one '5-series', and I don't died just in this moment only because I know my torture is not in the end!
    When I try to return to my self, straight, when I put again my foot in the black floor (I dont'know the english name for 'alcatrão', sorry folks) of the shame street, what Madame's Thussaud best Horror is coming to me? : Yeahhh, the thirth piece of the hell, one trash whit name and no shame, half fish half aboirting results of a bad life... the z-4, and I quit cross the street, go back to my home in maximum speed, arms in the air, say to my self things like &quot;#?&* and others, this era is not good times to live in sanity...
    Ok, the end of story is in the another day I became UCP member's, I see and collect pics of sweet cars and not of Bangle's crazy ideas, before came another one, the 'best' of all, the 7-series, a perfect tank for retired generals and admirals!
    Thats all, thats my story. Did you like or I shutup right now?

Carlos Gil
    Ok, I understand basically you're not very happy with Chris Bangle's BMW designs.

Hey, you asked:
    Most people don't even like to read longer threads by members they understand easily. Just a suggestion; start by expressing one thought, make one point that you think is most important. That way it's easier to make quick comments rather than write all that you think about something. I tend to ramble so it's easy to see this in another's posts.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

One ideia is make humor. I'm failling Another is write in, for me, new and fashion strange way: other langue. In the middle of the question is my mistake.
    Today I write a good story, in portughese. I return for my sweet silence and portughese words, in fact my place and sorry for that talk off the window.
    By along the amusente, it's for me a good pleasure meet all of you, anyone replay my text and give me a wellcome to the Forum. By the way, I'm very happy for the exercise: this replay is so good for my level and pratics is essential: is clear like a mother's water in a mountain river.
    Ok, I go. Anyone have pictures about the Piper GT Coupe? I have only one.

Thread Information