Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman allowed to sunbathe

Woman allowed to sunbathe

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News

Woman allowed to sunbathe naked

A district nurse has been cleared by a court of indecent exposure after sunbathing naked in her back garden.

Lynett Burgess, 55, from Llandyfriog, near Cardigan in west Wales, was filmed by a "shaken" neighbour in July 2005 and was charged by police.

The prosecution at Cardigan Magistrates Court said Ms Burgess's nude sunbathing was "not normal" behaviour.

But magistrates cleared her, adding that it was accepted she did not intend to "cause harm or distress".

The court heard that Ms Burgess's next-door neighbour Morien Jones, 34, filmed her sunbathing naked and took the video to police.

Father-of-three Mr Jones told magistrates: "I was renovating the back of my home with a local builder when Ms Burgess appeared in her garden.

"She walked back and fore completely naked - I went to get my video camera to record the incident.

"I have been extremely shaken by this. It has been very upsetting and worrying. I don't want to bring up my children in such an environment."

The film was shown to magistrates who were asked to decide whether Ms Burgess had offended anyone.

'Normal pattern'

Prosecutor Maggie Hughes said sunbathing nude "could be grossly offensive to normal decent persons in society".

She asked Ms Burgess: "What kind of kick do you get from this behaviour?"

Ms Burgess replied: "I take exception to the word kick and find you prudish."

Ms Hughes added: "I may be prudish but it's not normal for people to sunbathe in the nude."

But magistrates cleared Ms Burgess, a nurse and occupational therapist, of indecent exposure.

'Acute anxiety'

Trevor Emberton, chairman of Cardigan magistrates, told her: "You have admitted sunbathing naked from time to time and that this has become a normal pattern.

"We do not accept you intended to cause harm or distress and therefore find you not guilty."

Miss Burgess said after the case: "I'm glad to get this over and done with.

"I intend moving away from the area and getting on with my life and occupation.

"I've lived more or less as a hermit since this blew up. It has caused me acute anxiety and I now want to put it behind me."
    Im avidly looking forward to all your comments!!!
    Porsche!

just wandering what sort of kick the guy got from filming her
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I reckon he was getting one for the lads, was shaken by getting busted by his wife, then made up the indecent exposure story....
    Porsche!

I reckon he was shaking for a different reason...
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Censoring has finally gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News

***** allowed to sunbathe *****

A district nurse has been cleared by a court of ******** ******** after sunbathing ***** in her back garden.

Lynett Burgess, 55, from Llandyfriog, near Cardigan in west *****, was filmed by a "shaken" neighbour in July 2005 and was charged by police.

The prosecution at Cardigan Magistrates Court said Ms Burgess's **** sunbathing was "not normal" behaviour.

But magistrates cleared her, adding that it was accepted she did not intend to "cause harm or distress".

The court heard that Ms Burgess's next-door neighbour Morien Jones, 34, filmed her sunbathing ***** and took the video to police.

Father-of-three Mr Jones told magistrates: "I was renovating the back of my home with a local builder when Ms Burgess appeared in her garden.

"She walked back and fore completely ***** - I went to get my video camera to record the incident.

"I have been extremely shaken by this. It has been very upsetting and worrying. I don't want to bring up my children in such an environment."

The film was shown to magistrates who were asked to decide whether Ms Burgess had offended anyone.

'Normal pattern'

Prosecutor Maggie Hughes said sunbathing **** "could be grossly ********* to normal decent persons in society".

She asked Ms Burgess: "What kind of kick do you get from this behaviour?"

Ms Burgess replied: "I take exception to the word kick and find you prudish."

Ms Hughes added: "I may be prudish but it's not normal for people to sunbathe in the ****."

But magistrates cleared Ms Burgess, a nurse and occupational therapist, of ******** ********.

'Acute anxiety'

Trevor Emberton, chairman of Cardigan magistrates, told her: "You have admitted sunbathing ***** from time to time and that this has become a normal pattern.

"We do not accept you intended to cause harm or distress and therefore find you not guilty."

Miss Burgess said after the case: "I'm glad to get this over and done with.

"I intend moving away from the area and getting on with my life and occupation.

"I've lived more or less as a hermit since this blew up. It has caused me acute anxiety and I now want to put it behind me."
    NOW censoring has gone too far
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    just wandering what sort of kick the guy got from filming her
    I'd say not to much..she was 55 years old not much exiting left anymore

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    I'd say not to much..she was 55 years old not much exiting left anymore
    that was indeed my reason for wondering
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    that was indeed my reason for wondering
    I'm surprised to see you admiting that there's already nothing exciting about you.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I'm surprised to see you admiting that there's already nothing exciting about you.

who said that I was sunbathing?

I wonder what happened to the video of her sunbathing naked?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Since when is sunbathing, "grossly offensive to normal decent persons in society", people do it on the beach all the time, although they do wear SOME clothes... but whatever, i think today's society is made up of prudes, who probably sunbathe secretly in their own backyard...
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

God forbid if a child would see a naked person!! I never understood this being-naked-is-worse-than-murder culture issue.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Unless she was completely oblivious, I'd say she didn't mind an audience. Yes it's her back yard but the neighbor was having work done with the local contractor over. If you're going to go nude do it where it's socially acceptable, especially if people can see you.

I've been alarmed many a time with people flashing at the hospital in their open-at-the-back gowns. No one tries to sue them for indecent exposure or of course the obvious nude beach. I think she got off lucky, not that it's a capital offense, but just in the context of this case...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

whatta dumbass you dont take the film to the po po, you take it to the pub and to the internet.
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Thread Information