Thread: higgins ban

higgins ban

David Higgins has been banned from every rally in the world until he pays up more than £20, 000 in fines and entry fees. He was forced to scrap his Greece entry due to lack of funds and FIA rules state that drivers must take part in all six events they nominate unless in circumstances of injury or illness. As his entry was made in his name and not he's team he is liable for all the fines as well as the FIA's further £3400 fine for failing to finish a set of nominated rallies.

Even if he gets the funds for the remain PCWRC rounds (Japan, Cyprus, Australia and new Zealnd) he will be prevented from competing as his registration has been cancelled by the FIA.

Higgins also revealed he had turn down a free Mitsubishi-backed drive in this years BRC to drive in the PCWRC. He may now have to surrender his drive in the Chinese championship "The drive in China is what's paying the bills and keeping the family running and now I can't do that as my license is suspended until I pay all the money due."

In other related news - Mark Higgins will contest the Donegal International Rally in a WRCar for a one off outing in the Pirelli Irish Tarmac Championship. The car was unknown to Motorsport news and time of writing.

Source: Motorsport News, June 7 2006
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

For a moment I thought he had been banned from UCP. THAT would be bad.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    This is worst.

Wait till Ferrer gets here, I trust he'll have something to say

Ah, David Higgins.. driver from the Isle of Man correct? Him and his brother Mark used to race the SCCA ProRally circuit up here, I have their signatures on a rally shirt somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    This is worst.

Wait till Ferrer gets here, I trust he'll have something to say
    I have, I have... Stupid FIA again, I mean yes some kind of fine may have to be issued if he can't compete in all the events, but that's a bit too much, I mean £20,000 is a lot of money, and at least they shouldn't suspend his license, as if he was able to compete in China (or wherever), he could be able to pay the bills, the fines and everything.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information