Thread: Multi monitor help?

Multi monitor help?

I have a dell dimension 8400 and for my stock class, it was recommended that i purchase more monitors. My 4 other analog lcds from dell arrived today, 3 weeks before planned(I bought them 2 days ago!), and i havent yet purchased a card that supports more monitors. ive been looking at matrox g450 mms quad cards but i was hoping i could get feedback from you guys. it has to be a pci card, but i dont know if thats my best choice, as my computer knowledge is verrrryyy limited. any help woudl be appreciated, thanks!

That'll be your best choice. Anything Matrox is a good choice infact but that particular model is good value and is built strong and durable.

Because of desk space, I only currently use dual monitors so I haven't delved into this area yet, but my neighbour has and swears by Matrox.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    That'll be your best choice. Anything Matrox is a good choice infact but that particular model is good value and is built strong and durable.

Because of desk space, I only currently use dual monitors so I haven't delved into this area yet, but my neighbour has and swears by Matrox.

haha you have no idea how comforting that is to hear, thanks!!!

At work we run Matrox cards on the multi-screen workstations in the NOC... some have 4 monitors, and two workstations have 8 monitors... they work like a champ.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

haha i keep feeling better and better about spending 600 bucks on a little card, thanks guys ill let you know how it all works out!

alright i got the system up with a matrox millenium g200 quad card, and it works great! thanks for the help and if anybody wants, i can put up pictures

please do.. im fascinated to see how the desk space is used
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Yes, indded, please do. Was interested in doing suc a setup myself, but then seen my bank balance..

I don't mean to sound like an ignaramous, but why 4 monitors? Dual-monitor set-ups I can understand for the advantages, but four seems rather, obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I don't mean to sound like an ignaramous, but why 4 monitors? Dual-monitor set-ups I can understand for the advantages, but four seems rather, obnoxious.
    haha i thought the same but when a friend showed me his system and how it showed the charts, i couldnt resist. its just so much easier to have the monitors in the line and view the charts on a large scale. plus im able to view all the dailys, weeklys, 55 min and what not without having to move around. sorry no pictures yet ill get some in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891
    haha i thought the same but when a friend showed me his system and how it showed the charts, i couldnt resist. its just so much easier to have the monitors in the line and view the charts on a large scale. plus im able to view all the dailys, weeklys, 55 min and what not without having to move around. sorry no pictures yet ill get some in the morning
    I guess that makes some sense. But, speaking of your 'charts', what are you referring to exactly? Stock market?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I guess that makes some sense. But, speaking of your 'charts', what are you referring to exactly? Stock market?
    yep, im using the program QCharts. Here are the picture of my setup, i did an egg nog just in case.
    Attached Images Attached Images

alright, i think that beats my 32'' widescreen lcd monitor...

bad ass, and i'm jealous
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    alright, i think that beats my 32'' widescreen lcd monitor...

bad ass, and i'm jealous
    haha, thanks! i do kind of feel like a guy working for james bond when i use it
    Last edited by chris98891; 06-24-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Thread Information