Thread: FIAT Ritmo 70 (Strada)

FIAT Ritmo 70 (Strada)

Here's my first car. I drove it from 1994 to 1999 until I hid it for later restoration. Originally in 1984 it was a 1,3 70 hp but in 1995 it got changed to a 1,5 100 hp. Only 10 - 12 left in Denmark.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Fiattitude

What makes it so rare and special?

Ever heard of rust?

What makes it "special" is that in Scandinavia almost all of them have rusted away or fallen apart. And historically speaking it was the first FIAT that was build by robots. I didn't claim that it was special, just rare that you see one here and mine is in wery good condition.
    Team Fiattitude

It is indeed really rare,cos all Ritmo's have rusted away My father used to own one in the 80's and always when joking about cars, the Ritmo comes up. He had a lot of problems with it. From vital steering parts simply snapping off (almost caused him a crash into the police station,10cm before the door he stopped ) to windshield wipers falling off on his drive home from the dealership ... I can mention way more things that fell off but i would be busy all day.Also after two years the chassis was allready rotten through... After the warranty ended, he bought himself a VW Jetta which knew virtually no problems.
    A real pity the Italian brands had such low reliability back then.Luckily they have improved these days..

I used to drive an X1/9. Great little car. It looked to be almost spinning out of control as it sat still. Seriously though, in spite of a thousand other bad jokes Fiat does know how to put together a small car. Best of luck with your Ritmo and congratulations.

Thread Information