Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300zx?

300zx?

Okay I'm sure this is going to get ricer bullshit. But anyway, , I have been looking for a car and this seems like a good one to get. But i want other input. Me and my dad are talking about it still, and i.....still have to pay for the car. But im selling my blazer. So for $6,450 is this a good car? I'm probably going to get one but are thier cheaper options? Here are a couple pics.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Er....

Pics ?

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Ricer bullshit!

...and you forgot the pics.

on a more serious note, I think that you should get slightly more for a Blazer, but then I don't even know what model it is. you can't go too wrong with a 3 liter drifter though, I'll say that.

Only get it if it is the twin-turbo version, the NA one is crap.

the engine bay is mighty cramped if you want to work on it, and apparently cooling can be a problem, but i have been told the engine is good for at least 500HP on stock internals.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Since you're a fairly new driver I don't think that you need the twin turbo one. This one would be plenty of fun especially since it's a manual.

The turbo is faster...but be carefull the turbos are going to be shot if its an older car...and theres no point of turbos if they can't spool any boost. Also, make sure you drive it a few times before buying it, make sure its in good shape. With any sports car, chances are the guy who owned it before you drove it like he stole it, so make sure the engine doesnt smoke, it shifts well, the oil is clean and doesnt have metal shavings, ect ect. Honestly, if your going to own one car, this prob isnt the right one, its not very practical for every day use.

i will just say, be careful in the rain.
    You can call me scott.

Depends which one. If its a Z32, go for it. I really like the styling of them and apparently not a bad drive either. Engine is the VQ30, same family as the VQ35 which powers the 350Z. It's a Nissan so it's likely to be fairly bulletproof, but that said, watch for ones that've been driven and flogged by some knuckle-dragging moron.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Our member and my friend "Black300ZX", as it's username says, had one until recently. He can give you a valuable opinion. He had the turbo model.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Engine is the VQ30, same family as the VQ35 which powers the 350Z.
    No its not.

Its a Vg30 and is a bit different then the VQ. As Nissan made the VG but Renault helped engineer the VQ. But either way, both engines are strong, atleast for their respective years.
    You can call me scott.

I'm still searching for one guys. Sorry about no pics, the car i was searching was sold a day after i wrote this. I'm looking though. I also have been scouting a couple 3000GT's, they are VR-4 of course. They are a little pricey though. Well see how everything plays out, aaaannnnddd if i can sell my truck. I'm looking hard though, gas is a bitch and a V6 3.0L sounds really good. Well compared to my V6 4.3L. Right now its either a regular 3000GT, a VR-4, or the same with a 300ZX, TT or non. I wish i had my freeeaaakkkiiinnnngggg supra!!
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    I'm still searching for one guys. Sorry about no pics, the car i was searching was sold a day after i wrote this. I'm looking though. I also have been scouting a couple 3000GT's, they are VR-4 of course. They are a little pricey though. Well see how everything plays out, aaaannnnddd if i can sell my truck. I'm looking hard though, gas is a bitch and a V6 3.0L sounds really good. Well compared to my V6 4.3L. Right now its either a regular 3000GT, a VR-4, or the same with a 300ZX, TT or non. I wish i had my freeeaaakkkiiinnnngggg supra!!
    From what Ive heard 3000GTs are crap, stick with a 300ZX TT, or get something else.

Basic 3000Gts are a bit rubbish, but the VR-4 is a good car. They are more of a GT than a sports car though. Actually, I wouldn't call a Supra or 300zx a sports car either.

It's an old car. Are you really willing to dump your money on a car as old as that ? I know I wouldn't.
    Unless it's a 1998 or 1999 model maybe...

Thread Information