Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new addition to the garage

God damn dude! I'm sure you already have but definately congratulate your dad on the purchase
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I absolutely love Integras and yours is no exception. My dad used to have a 4 door hatch with some intake and exhaust mods. It sounded wonderful. Not that fast, but I shifted your style in the car. My dad drove and I shifted on the right. Great times.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    Dad picked this up second hand, i love it. 2004 996 GT3. Whiteballz got a ride in it, and in one shot you can see the ducati bike we're restoring (it hadn't been registerd since 1982 lol)
    it's nice to see dad finally getting some results for his hard work.
    Mate, great car and the right colour too...I can expect to see it on the track at Queensland Raceway anytime soon? And hang on to the bike, you'll kick yourself forever if you let it go..

i got a ride in a 911 Turbo 996. best ride of my life. im sure you will feel the same
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Who says hard work doesn't pay off?? Congrats, great car!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

thanks taz
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I absolutely love Integras and yours is no exception. My dad used to have a 4 door hatch with some intake and exhaust mods. It sounded wonderful. Not that fast, but I shifted your style in the car. My dad drove and I shifted on the right. Great times.
    sweet i was going to mod the integra but if it aint broke why fix it i think at the most i'll try and reduce it's weight
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    Mate, great car and the right colour too...I can expect to see it on the track at Queensland Raceway anytime soon? And hang on to the bike, you'll kick yourself forever if you let it go..
    not soon eventually but not soon as for the bike well none of us have bike licenses so if someone makes a good offer we'll sell it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Very nice car your dad has there Clutch, congrats. Your dad will have to take it to the track, post some times when he does. VERY SWEET RIDE.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

as for the bike well none of us have bike licenses so if someone makes a good offer we'll sell it
    Seems like the simple solution would be to spend a couple hours googling around to find out what you really have there and then go get a motorcycle license.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Nice car mate! the porsche-feeling is really amazing.. Your dad will most likely own a porsche now for the rest of his driving life.. if you have bought one... there is no way back

On the question on switching from LHD to RHD and opposite, it's no problem at all.. My racecar has rhd and my roadcar lhd..

To swich driving side of the road is a bit harder though

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Seems like the simple solution would be to spend a couple hours googling around to find out what you really have there and then go get a motorcycle license.
    i couldn't find any specific information, just some model information... found a few manuals though should make restoration easier
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    Nice car mate! the porsche-feeling is really amazing.. Your dad will most likely own a porsche now for the rest of his driving life.. if you have bought one... there is no way back
    i think you may be right
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Awesome car man

HEY HEY Congrats on the excellent 996 purchase, oh and I sorta hate you now lol. I hope you have some great track time in that car, good luck and have fun.

If i wasn't stuck out west I would try to get a bike licence and steal the bike off you! Seems fair to me, you get the Integra lol
    most of my friends that know about the porsche have shotgunned rides in it, I haven't even had a ride yet!
    ~The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes~

sweet i was going to mod the integra but if it aint broke why fix it i think at the most i'll try and reduce it's weight
    Yeah, keeping it stock is a good choice. My dad had to get rid of the Integra though (the last owner didn't keep it as well as you did and it had a rusted chassis). He threw it out and got a 93 Civic Si hatch (with some minor mods- short throw shifter, stiff suspension). It's been running fine since and I still shift for my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Girl
    If i wasn't stuck out west I would try to get a bike licence and steal the bike off you! Seems fair to me, you get the Integra lol
    most of my friends that know about the porsche have shotgunned rides in it, I haven't even had a ride yet!
    thats only because you go to uni and clutch goes to uni closer :P hahah

i got a ride in the porsche before you OR sam :P

tough luck that your father likes me more then you two

(BTW its awesome... made me want to drive my sil all the sooner )
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information