Page 323 of 536 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    forgot the smiley

How will a production car handle 9/10ths driving for a good number of hours?
    Does Nissan kill your warranty if you do a track day?
    Do you need to buy new tires before or afterwards?
    Does the car need safety mods other than the driver's clothing (helmet, jumpsuit)?

Sorry if I'm being annoyingly inquisitive.
    you should be sorry....

well, this car is pretty well built for driving hard. not so well for driving slow on a bumpy road.
    if i were to blow up the engine or something, my warranty might not cover it, but they dont void it. its not a gt-r after all.
    my tires are about slicks right now. without the grip. so i will need new ones after. one of these days i'll pony up for a set of road tires and a set of race tires that i can swap out when autoxing or at trackdays. we'll see.
    no safety mods required. preferred, but not required. helmet is required though.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    SCCA trackday?
    not scca. Green Flag Driving Association main page scca doest go there very often, but i just looked into Nor Cal NASA, and they go to the big tracks pretty regularly.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

They could just tell you your times after everybody is done, which might lessen the competition a little.
    EDIT: If they tell you your times, try to beat 1:05.88, the current lap record, set by Seb. Bourdais in a car that obviously suited him better than his TR.
    I bet his TR could beat that.

I am envious. I've always wanted to drive on that track some day. One of my top 5 actually. Hehe, hopefully be driving something other than my lifted Jeep, though, when I do get the chance. When I get my Elise to commute in we shall see.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

forgot the smiley

How will a production car handle 9/10ths driving for a good number of hours?
    Does Nissan kill your warranty if you do a track day?
    Do you need to buy new tires before or afterwards?
    Does the car need safety mods other than the driver's clothing (helmet, jumpsuit)?

Sorry if I'm being annoyingly inquisitive.
    I think he bought it used right? So his warranty might be over already.

Edit- Doesn't crashing with the helmet on put a lot of stress on your neck because your head becomes a big pendulum but does not move with your head? I don't see the help it could give you.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I think he bought it used right? So his warranty might be over already.

Edit- Doesn't crashing with the helmet on put a lot of stress on your neck because your head becomes a big pendulum but does not move with your head? I don't see the help it could give you.
    its an 06, and i got the warranty extended, so yeah, ive still got 4 1/2 yrs of warranty left.

as far as the helmet, you are partially right. hence the introduction of the HANS device. but there are some advantages of wearing one. Obviously if your head impacts anything you will be better off. additionally, with a full face helmet, when your head pitches forward, the front of the facepiece will impact your sternum and prevent your head from slamming all the way forward and breaking your neck.

the guy i bought my helmet from spent some time as CEO of Bell Safety Equipment, and also as the CEO or Pyrotect (the brand of helmet i bought from him). so when i got the helmet, i got a big safety lecture. not a bad thing.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    its an 06, and i got the warranty extended, so yeah, ive still got 4 1/2 yrs of warranty left.

as far as the helmet, you are partially right. hence the introduction of the HANS device. but there are some advantages of wearing one. Obviously if your head impacts anything you will be better off. additionally, with a full face helmet, when your head pitches forward, the front of the facepiece will impact your sternum and prevent your head from slamming all the way forward and breaking your neck.

the guy i bought my helmet from spent some time as CEO of Bell Safety Equipment, and also as the CEO or Pyrotect (the brand of helmet i bought from him). so when i got the helmet, i got a big safety lecture. not a bad thing.
    Yeah, I know about the HNAS device, but most (probably all) road cars don't have them stock. Yeah, I guess if the glass shatters too, it won't cut you up all that badly as well. Maybe you said it before, but how heavy is the helmet?

Purchased Planet Earth on Blu Ray off Amazon. $60. Not bad for 4 discs. Now just waiting for an HDMI-DVI conversion cable and the TV at home will be HD ready for the PS3.

HANS needs minimal 4-point harnesses.
    Also Hans comes into it's own at high speed crashes, not the typical speeds of a trackday .... unless you're running full slicks and can keep the corner speed up
    Also, street car will have the airbag !!

He main reason for the helmet is to protect the skull from instrusion, whcih can happen from the smallest objects flying around in an accident. Broken legs, even lost limbs still leave you with a reasonable life. Brain damage however
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    HANS needs minimal 4-point harnesses.
    Also Hans comes into it's own at high speed crashes, not the typical speeds of a trackday .... unless you're running full slicks and can keep the corner speed up
    Also, street car will have the airbag !!

He main reason for the helmet is to protect the skull from instrusion, whcih can happen from the smallest objects flying around in an accident. Broken legs, even lost limbs still leave you with a reasonable life. Brain damage however
    Yeah, I understand now. Thanks!

After an unfortunate incident with Acid, my iPod Video 30gb leaks. Thats probably not a good sign.

So I bought this. 32gb. Free case.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Consumer whore
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Whatever. Apple loves me.

I totally circumvented them. My iPod lasted 3 years before the unfortunate incident.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Whatever. Apple loves me.

I totally circumvented them. My iPod lasted 3 years before the unfortunate incident.
    That's better than a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    That's better than a lot of people
    Yeah, I broke my nano <72 hours after purchase. Then they sent me another one and that's still going strong.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Just got a 1 year subscription here to celebrate my birthday
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

You can hit up a bigger avatar now.

Haven't seen you around much man - good to see a post by you.

Thread Information