Page 382 of 536 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Hi cargirl and apologies for the inadvertant crotch shot

(I forgot we have 'ladies present' on UCP!)
    you know what, i actually didn't see that crotch shot until you pointed it out! ( heh heh... )
    its ok nota!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Yep, did you notice the OE cupholder and factory mags (widies on the rear)
    Good thing you've got those widies. Might be seriously struggling for traction otherwise..(speaking of that I saw in a magazine a few years ago a mower with a secondary turbo out of a Subaru Legacy/Liberty twin turbo...insane!)

Best wishes for the new car it looks a million dollars mate.
    I've always admired the clean styling of that shape, which IIRC achieved an impressive aero Cd of 2.95 I think.

Not sure how close a '95 JDM Diamante is to Oz built TE-on Magna/Verada, which have long-life platinum spark plugs on the rear bank only, that last for 100,000 km. They fit these long-life plugs because plug removal on the rear bank of V6 Magnas requires lifting the motor slightly to gain access, its not that big of an issue but probably a mechanic-only job hence worth mentioning to you beforhand if your DJM turns out the same.

I can't remember how long the timing belt lasts for on Mitsu V6 (140,000 km??) but you should investigate, also factory-spec coolant change.

The automatics on our Magnas had a poor but improving reputation for durability until later years, again not sure how relevant this is to your car. A lot of these modern autos have 'sealed for life' trans oil, although many would counsel for a prompt transmission service for peace of mind to extend trans life ... while others advise to 'let sleeping dogs lie' if its working alrite, lest a service introduce a new set of dramas to what is presumably a currently well-functioning auto. Sorry I can't recommend or offer advise on this either way.

ps I rather like Magnas and recently had a TF wagon buy-sell, although speaking of automatics, if I were you (and I'm not) I'd still be wondering about that rwd benz.
    cheers mate. Its not easy finding information on them as the 2.5 v6 didn't come in any of the NZ New/Aussie assembled Diamantes/Magnas but I imagine that they'll be fairly similar. Its just had a service but the cambelt hasn't been changed then and I can't find any notes to suggest that it has been done so I'll be getting on to that a.s.a.p. Transmission seems to be working fine, tiptronic is a little slow to change but I doubt it was any quicker stock.

A Merc was always a possibility but it came down to what was available locally as travelling round was a bit of a pain. I needed a car fairly quickly as dads Grand Cherokee is playing up again (surprise surprise... ) . Also parts for the Diamante would be alot cheaper I suspect as there are shitloads here that have been imported. Don't think there is a Merc dealer less than 2 hours away either. Cheers again for the advice its a big help.
    Last edited by Spastik_Roach; 06-24-2009 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    Transmission seems to be working fine, tiptronic is a little slow to change but I doubt it was any quicker stock.
    My experience with tiptronic is... just leave it in D.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Is there not a Merc Dealer/Service centre in Palmerston North, Spastik?

also, new purchases for me include

$226 worth of architecture books:
    Modernism Revisited
    Alvaro Siza
    XS Buildings (Extreme)
    and some travel guides.

Attached Images Attached Images
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Just got a delayed christmas present (took me a while to decide what to spend the money on.) Two Ruger 30 round magazines for my Mini-14. I got tired of even the expensive after-market mags not working right so I sprung for these and they're great. Clearly better quality springs in them, with a tighter fit. I guess it's not as exciting as JB's new beast, but I'm pretty psyched.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Company of Thieves cd... im a sucker for a cute girl with a fantastic voice.

Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

cmcpokey, there are two of the same posts you did.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    cmcpokey, there are two of the same posts you did.
    dont be silly....

thanks
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    dont be silly....

thanks
    * sigh *
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Just got a delayed christmas present (took me a while to decide what to spend the money on.) Two Ruger 30 round magazines for my Mini-14. I got tired of even the expensive after-market mags not working right so I sprung for these and they're great. Clearly better quality springs in them, with a tighter fit. I guess it's not as exciting as JB's new beast, but I'm pretty psyched.
    Would you mind going and shooting all the damn Potlatch signs by Laird Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Would you mind going and shooting all the damn Potlatch signs by Laird Park?
    Umm, I usually try to avoid stuff like that, why do you ask? I haven't been to laird park since thanksgiving, what's going on there?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Umm, I usually try to avoid stuff like that, why do you ask? I haven't been to laird park since thanksgiving, what's going on there?
    Potlatch is patrolling the area to make sure you have purchased your permits for land use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Potlatch is patrolling the area to make sure you have purchased your permits for land use.
    Well now that that old lady in potlatch owns a GT3 they need to find money to upgrade their police cruisers somehow.
    Big cities suck

Tiptronics fun Ferrer but its a whole lot easier to drove economically if I just leave it in D!

No Merc dealership in Palmy IB4R. Used to be ages ago but now the nearest one is in Wellington.

Well now that that old lady in potlatch owns a GT3 they need to find money to upgrade their police cruisers somehow.
    Not the city, the company lol.

Thread Information