Page 489 of 536 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    My buddy who games like a fiend has a room that is like an oven in the summer. His computer is pretty hot shit (literally and figuratively) and he keeps the door shut.

Very poor.
    Nothing beats a 1st gen XBox 360 on a cold day...until it gets the RROD that is!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

My buddy who games like a fiend has a room that is like an oven in the summer. His computer is pretty hot shit (literally and figuratively) and he keeps the door shut.

Very poor.
    Has he resorted to cooling it with a desk top fan ?.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

As of last Thursday the twelfth, I spent $31 for a California State Driver's license, or the permit, at least. Came in at 9 with an appointment I made at 1 in the morning, paid the $, took the written and vision tests and the picture, and left with a permit by 10. Passed on the first try, so I was in and out of there quickly.

I'll be doing the behind-the-wheel portion soon. All driving advice welcomed, so as long it's not "enter the corner sideways in 2nd while counter steering like Hannu Mikkola."
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Try not to hit anything - it makes you look bad. Also, burnouts don't impress the testers. They tend to be a bit humourless like that.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Why so late, if I may ask?

Try puttering around a parking lot or something getting a feel for the car. Other than that, just try to drive at every opportunity you get.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Combination of various factors including, but not limited to, time constraints (I chose to take 5 AP classes vs. Driver's ED) and not discovering the free videos on YouTube until recently.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Got something i've nedeed for a long time, a Logitech Driving Force GT, i've just been wating for a good price on it, got it for 83€. So far it's been pretty good, precise enought, i just have to get ousted to the Force Feedback, it's get's pretty violent sometimes.

I've tried it on LFS (PC) and NFS Shift (Ps3).
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Congratulations kotr! That's a big step to take. What will you be driving?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post

Try puttering around a parking lot or something getting a feel for the car. Other than that, just try to drive at every opportunity you get.
    i.e., drift in snowy parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    As of last Thursday the twelfth, I spent $31 for a California State Driver's license, or the permit, at least. Came in at 9 with an appointment I made at 1 in the morning, paid the $, took the written and vision tests and the picture, and left with a permit by 10. Passed on the first try, so I was in and out of there quickly.

I'll be doing the behind-the-wheel portion soon. All driving advice welcomed, so as long it's not "enter the corner sideways in 2nd while counter steering like Hannu Mikkola."
    Wow, I never knew you were that young. I've had my license for 3 years almost now.

Look far, far ahead to anticipate crap so that you can avoid the billions of soccer moms texting.

And for the test, don't make eye contact with the examiner, it'll make you nervous. Just treat the examiner like a GPS device.

i.e., drift in snowy parking lots?
    Probably a Toyota Corolla of various model years with a 2nd brake pedal.

That Sandisk card reader thing I bought a while back works wonders. Other than the fact that it's a little hard to fit the Memory Stick into the reader, it works fine.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 08-16-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Probably a Toyota Corolla of various model years with a 2nd brake pedal.
    My on road driver's training was in a last generation Corolla. It was the second worst car I have ever driven, next to my friend's 90s Taurus.

My on road driver's training was in a last generation Corolla. It was the second worst car I have ever driven, next to my friend's 90s Taurus.
    Haha, I'm not surprised. I don't know, I've been driving pretty middle of the road cars all my life, so I although I can say the Corolla isn't the best, it would certainly get you where you need to go.

Raspberry, Orange, Lemon, and Lime sherbet, 2/$5 FTW!
    Turning money into memories.

Bought Blind Guardian's new album today, and i have to say that i really like it. Better than the previous one.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Most likely a Toyota Sienna minivan. It's not too old, yet it's not new enough that crashing it would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow, I never knew you were that young. I've had my license for 3 years almost now.

Look far, far ahead to anticipate crap so that you can avoid the billions of soccer moms texting.

And for the test, don't make eye contact with the examiner, it'll make you nervous. Just treat the examiner like a GPS device.

[/B]
    I'm actually not. I was actually quite reluctant to pay people for the privilege to read poorly-written websites and never had the time to do it in school (written out of the curriculum due to budget cuts), thus the delay.

Thanks for all your advice, everyone! I'll keep the hoonage to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Most likely a Toyota Sienna minivan. It's not too old, yet it's not new enough that crashing it would be awful.

I'm actually not. I was actually quite reluctant to pay people for the privilege to read poorly-written websites and never had the time to do it in school (written out of the curriculum due to budget cuts), thus the delay.

Thanks for all your advice, everyone! I'll keep the hoonage to a minimum.
    It's fine, I know plenty of people who don't have a driver's license.

Good luck, tell us how it goes.

Thread Information