Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The VE Commodore IS HERE

ok first things first. SSV NEEDS to be lowered and obviously have the 20 inch wheels. I don't know how they did it but they managed to make 19"'s look small. The rear end is way too high, and generally i'm un-impressed. I would buy the VZ SS over this personally if I was merely going on looks.

The Calais, on the other hand, looks amazing, and if they a verison with as much power as the SS-V i wouldn't doubt it would take more sales.

I think the Omega will look a right laughing stock with 16" wheels.

The Caprice and Statesman look cool, the over-hangs are questionable but hell they are the LWB models..i should cut them a bit of slack.

A relatively good job, but not consistent enough.

last one...

I can't see the design lasting as is for 4 years. Sure, it is significantly changed from the current Commodore, but externally i don't think it is that fresh a design to set it apart for such a long period of time.
    Internally, however, is where i think it will do well in the long run and it seems that it would be quite easy to change with upgrades to keep it looking new and ahead of the competition.
    And as has been mentioned earlier, these are the top of the crop.....hopefully the Omega won't suffer too badly without all the extra 'fruit'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Im going to make the extraordinary statement and say i still prefer the BF exterior. Since BA, theyve had a package that looks good from XT-XR-Ghia. VE doesnt have that. SS looks awkward, whilst everyone wants the Calais now. Who knows what the Omega will look like with the massive arch flares and only 16" wheels. Even the 19's on the SS-V look small
    Yeah I think they really screwed the SS's styling. I would want the BF's consistency with a VE body.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by caz_375
    last one...

I can't see the design lasting as is for 4 years. Sure, it is significantly changed from the current Commodore, but externally i don't think it is that fresh a design to set it apart for such a long period of time.
    Internally, however, is where i think it will do well in the long run and it seems that it would be quite easy to change with upgrades to keep it looking new and ahead of the competition.
    And as has been mentioned earlier, these are the top of the crop.....hopefully the Omega won't suffer too badly without all the extra 'fruit'.
    Actually I would argue the opposite I think while the exterior isn't perfect (excluding the Calais), but the interior of the basic models really doesn't look next gen for me.

The calais not only looks better than the SS on the outside - but on the inside aswell! The SS should have had a calais derived interior, not an Omega interior on steriods.

However the interior of the LWB models looks fantasitic.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

The upper spec models definately look a lot better, for sure. I guess what i was trying to say in regards to the interiors is that they are, in my opinion, a bigger step fwd than the exteriors. And i'd say that they would be a lot easier to differentiate in future models wheras the sheetmetal will, basically, have to stay the same for a while.
    Mind, that's from just looking at pictures....the exterior may look a whole lot better in the flesh....and not that i don't think it looks good, particularly the upmarket models.

Holden has developed a secret plan to pitch the new VE Commodore SS to its parent General Motors as a Pontiac sports sedan model in the USA.
    They are sending some SS examples to the USA for testing by Lutz and Wagoner, among others. They will then decide whether to send it...(BTW it would cost 20 million to get it over there)
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    (BTW it would cost 20 million to get it over there)
    holden should start buying some lottery tickets then
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

My dad wants to know how much he can get for his VY2.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

7 news is goning to be showing the launch within the next few minutes
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Every news report is the same: They don't stop about the fuel economy.

Something else I noticed. Holden has not given out any fuel economy information yet, but channel 10 already crucified it for having worse fuel economythan the VZ...WTF?

The VE is revealed...but not everything Which interior does the Omega get? Someone on GMI has a theory that the following picture is the base interior. They have a point too, you can see the air con knobs so theres no climate control and the screen is smaller than all the others....

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Their 'V' badge is nearly a copy of Cadillac's:

the cadillac v badge was originally a copy of holdens hsv division, btw i cant wait to see the v8 supercar, they might show off the prototype at bathurst like ford did

does it have DOD like the 300c?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    My dad wants to know how much he can get for his VY2.
    I'll give him $2000 and a VP with new driveline

On was just on the news and i love the SS-V. But i have always been the sporty Calais man since the VYII Calais.
    Love the interiors they have they look real good. Guess now it's wait till they finally get them on the roads for testing.
    I like the caprice and stato inside and out but yep they have large Buts
    I really can't wait to get down to the dealers and have a real long hard look at one.

Funny thing happen today at the footy. A Car comes out from under the ground and drove out to the middle. It was A Toyota Aurion?? I'm like whats going on here?????, Is someone trying to steal come thunder or what?.
    Anyway they announced with the head of Toyota that they will extends the deal with the AFL beyond 2006. Then he gave off the speech. Toyota knows what Australia wants, Toyota is making a Real Aussie car for Australia. And here it is the Toyota Aurion V6. Which how is this Goes into production in weeks on sale in weeks??? He couldn't even tell us the 100% power figure for it other then it's over 190kw? Have they done some pulling back??? I think Holden has already with 180-195.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Holden just launched their VE minisite....and i can't get through!!!!

Is anyone else having this problem?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Oh I got through...after waiting 10 mins...

On the video there it showed Holden with a new tagline: "Go"
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

It's the same problem I always have. It's blocked by a lot/most ISPs. http://cexx.org/sheriff.htm for info
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information