Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Porsche 911 turbo Vs Gallardo

Well, according to the mire of rumours spread by the world of automotive journalism, because of the limited capacity increases available in the Flat-6 arrangement, Porsche will, at some point in the future, switch to a rear-mid V8.
    Thanks for all the fish

at least in that shape we do not stand the risk that the car will be homologated as a touring car, as happened in the mid sixties....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Well, according to the mire of rumours spread by the world of automotive journalism, because of the limited capacity increases available in the Flat-6 arrangement, Porsche will, at some point in the future, switch to a rear-mid V8.
    Although I'm not saying that's impossible, I think it's pure speculation.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    That wouldn't be a 911 anymore. And more appropiately it should be a flat-8.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    at least in that shape we do not stand the risk that the car will be homologated as a touring car, as happened in the mid sixties....
    That was a clever move by Porsche, which homologated the car in groups 1, 2, 3 and 4. But FIA realised and quickly banned it from touring car racing...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    As McReis has said is probably more efficient, but the point of the 911 is defeating the problems that has inherently because of its mechanical layout. That and the fact that it has managed to survive quite unchanged through more than 4 decades.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the 911! Who was it that said something like "A woman would just put the engine in the middle, but ..." . I wonder how the sentence ends, I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS
    Don't get me wrong, I love the 911! Who was it that said something like "A woman would just put the engine in the middle, but ..." . I wonder how the sentence ends, I forgot
    "A woman would've put the engine in the front. But because Porsche is run by men, they stubbornly tried to engineer their way round the problem for the last 40 years." (It went something like this, and it was Clarkson on the 911 996 Turbo).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    "A woman would've put the engine in the front. But because Porsche is run by men, they stubbornly tried to engineer their way round the problem for the last 40 years." (It went something like this, and it was Clarkson on the 911 996 Turbo).
    Thx mate!

I'd take the Lambo purely for the noise...love that V10...
    O P T I C A L N O T E P R O D U C T I O N S
    www.opticalnote.com - Car Photography

well , Porsches are all about performance and usabilty .the new 911 turbo will take on the gallardo and it has rear seats ..
    the turbo is the car that demands your respect rather than love while the gallardo is a stunning car that u will love it .
    can Desire be engineered ?

The forthcoming GT2 will probably be a much better car to compare directly with the Gallardo, and may well prove to be faster.
    They better believe it!

I'd take the Gallardo for looks, and the Gallardo for looks...

although I secretly like the Turbo...996 though

Who cares? I'll take both in white, please.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Lambo and Porsche. Nucing or Global Warming. Both have the same end result except one is more fun, i'd take the Lambo. Now, i'm not much of a fan of the Gallardo, but compared with a 911, tch! But its the Lambo's sounds that seal the deal for me.

Thread Information