What's your problem? The 6-Series is a fat, luxury coupé. OK, the M6 is sporty, but you also forgot the new 130i Sport, the M3, the M5, the Z4M Coupé, the Z4M Roadster and the 335i.

@TVR is king: M3 CSL, M3 GTR
Most new BMW's have a bit of to much luxury, but if you want a car like a Lotus Exige, buy a Lotus Exige I mean, how can you expect that a branch like BMW has just fun cars these days? There aren't much potential buyers for cars like that (I mean for BMW, Lotus has a better reputation for light weight sport cars).

BMW is more for every day use, you can drive an M3 the hole year, and thats what make them such fun. The all in one car.[/
Well...In my defence, I didn't think of the 1-series, being a small car. M5 is a saloon...so it too skipped my mind (could it really be the ultimate driving machine?), I read a thing on the weekend that said the Z4M's weren't great cars because they were rushed out before the new M3, and...as for the M3 CSL and GTR, I don't really know enough about them, although I have heard they're great cars.
I saw an M3 the other day, highlight of my weekend.