Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you have against Skyline's?

I have nothing wrong with Skylines.

i personally think the Skyline is a great car, it has enough power but i has it's fair share of faults with it's weight taking it's toll on the tires and accleration.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I like the cars, I hate the fans and why would the ability to pour money into it make it a better car?

Because stock cars are boring and it's fun dumping twice what you paid into a car in aftermarket parts.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Because stock cars are boring and it's fun dumping twice what you paid into a car in aftermarket parts.
    Why not just buy a car for twice the price?
    Dick: Marie de Salle's playing. You remember I told you about her. I like her. She's kind of Sheryl Crow-ish crossed with a post-Partridge Family pre-L.A. Law Susan Dey kind of thing, but, you know, uh, black.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Because stock cars are boring.
    That's why.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Its not the car, its the fanboy's that say "oMfG best CaR in da WorLd !!11!1!!" , and that just ruins it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    As I see it, they are a little overhyped. But that doesn't outrun the fact that they're quite an impressive set of cars. A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy. I don't hear about NSX's doing this, and I'd be willing to bet it could give your sweet little 360 a whooping.

I want to know what you have against it, because quite frankly, it is one of the best cars out there.

Steve.
    Did a qucik search for examples... i suggest you do likewise before making claims
    skyline with 570 horses on tap ==== as you can see there are more than a few mods and a new chip...costing lots of money.

TRUST T517Z Turbo kits,
    Full original made piping kits, with Blitz 3cores F/M IC.
    TOMEI metal gasket, TOMEI 260degree camshaft
    NISMO fuel pump, regulator, SARD 700cc fuel injector
    HKS oil cooloer unit.
    NISMO Gmax 2plates clutch.
    Blitz Dual SBC EVC with Re-programmed ECU management
    1,3kg/mm max boost , 570HP/8,000rpm at DYNO.
    18Inch VOLK TE rims with DELPHI brake caliper , rotors.
    Last edited by kko; 08-14-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Yea skyline's are not the best car but u do get what u pay for there pretty fast and well made (but that come at a cost of weight). The handling is quite good to say the least but then again i might be a bit bias owning one my self.
    But yea the whole fanboy thing has over hyped these cars to a point that they will never be able to live up too and the whole 3F3F bull shit has just added too it.
    No matter what u hear about any car they are still that just cars and like i said be4 u get what u pay for sure u can make this car out preform a 911 or a 360 but its going to cost a shit load and in the end its still just a skyline. Its going to have the small ass cockpit and the useless rear seats and the build quality is not up too snuff with Porsche or a Ferrari and its not going to be a very good car for daylie driving.
    so in closing if all the ricers could stop over hyping this car it would prolly be less hated and would get the greater respect among the true car

Ohh btw i drive a HCR32 Type M lighter less powerfull but still a fun car

Quote Originally Posted by ___
    Yea skyline's are not the best car but u do get what u pay for there pretty fast and well made (but that come at a cost of weight). The handling is quite good to say the least but then again i might be a bit bias owning one my self.
    But yea the whole fanboy thing has over hyped these cars to a point that they will never be able to live up too and the whole 3F3F bull shit has just added too it.
    No matter what u hear about any car they are still that just cars and like i said be4 u get what u pay for sure u can make this car out preform a 911 or a 360 but its going to cost a shit load and in the end its still just a skyline. Its going to have the small ass cockpit and the useless rear seats and the build quality is not up too snuff with Porsche or a Ferrari and its not going to be a very good car for daylie driving.
    so in closing if all the ricers could stop over hyping this car it would prolly be less hated and would get the greater respect among the true car

Uh-oh. Egg-nog test time!

Grab a piece of paper, write "_____ Egg Nog Test for UCP, 08/15/06" and stab it over the shifter. Take a pic and post it here. It's our form of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by ___
    Dare I say that we might just see an example of why Skylines dont get respect that they deserve...
    Egg nog kid ASAP
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Well yes if you put afterburns as well from an jet airplane it will be able to touch the speed of sound with the skyline. So what... The car has a look of muscle car. Ok good nice and after. With the money that you will pay to make a super sonic skyline you can get other cars with out having the problem that yoru car maybe will explode becaus of the 100 kilos of nitro on your boot.
    As i said movie cars are movie cars.KITT also ha a super pursuit mode LOL can go faster than a McLaren F1 LOL

Blah blah blah.... £10 says we never see '____' again.

The main thing that makes Skylines so good is the bottom end... the fact that it is possible to get large power gains without changing pistons, crankshafts, con-rods and the like means that you can get 570bhp (cack loads - in case any of you haven't driven a properly fast car.... ____, I'm looking at you) for about $5,000 - $6,000 - according to Froogle.com. Which isn't really a huge amount considering that it is nearly a 300 bhp power gain!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Try to put nitro and stuff like that in a normal factory car and we will see for how long it will last.And yes by getting a used car and put on it an about 10000 dollars or euros or what ever i do not see it too much clever movement.
    But once you have the money you can get what ever you want and make it as you like it.

Its usually the fans and such causing more trouble than the car. Saying its F&TF, 2F2F and the like are responsible for the backlash is wrong though. How long have those movies been out, a couple of years? Skylines have been made for over 15 years and at least 10 of those theres been some form of owner/fan backlash because of their godlike admiration for something that isnt much more than alot of other sports cars out there.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information