Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you have against Skyline's?

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    ^^^ Yeh suppose your right but come on this dude on another thread is claiming that he got a ride in a FXX...He full of fanboy sh*t...
    True, he's quickly becoming the forum fool. He most probably won't be here for much longer.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Yes but due to the heavy weight of the HICA's all wheel drive system
    The "S" is part of the acronym

A common fact about the RB26DETT is that it is able to swallow large amount's of air, therefore allowing for more breathing room. It is preferred over the RB20 due to this, and due to the fact that it has much less overall area allowing for ore add on performance parts.
    And not the extra 0.6L displacement???

Although the RB20DETT is a well made engine, it's basic design date's back to the 60's.
    Arent they the same family of engine? Therefore wouldnt they both date back to the same era?
    I am the Stig

Hope u like my arts and craft project LOL and i just realised that its UCP ohh well.
    Ok 6 speed u don't know shit plz shut up, u are the reason y ppl don't like skylines.
    I am kinda shocked that u guys didn't belive me when i said i own a GTS T Type M its not that hard of a car to come by even for me i and i live in Canada. A bit costly but i really like this car (the GTS T that is not the GTR) and as far as it goes it was worth every cent.

But back on topic here.
    the GTR are good cars and that has been said and many ppl have also said the reason y most ppl dislike them so much. It is the over hype fanboi bullshit that has be come so far form the truth. when i got my car some guy came up to me and was trying to talk about it and he thought that form the factory u could get 3 diffrent grades a 300hp 450hp and 600hp package, that no where near the truth and if he even read up on these cars a little bit he would know that, or even thought of the fact of a 600hp stock coming form a 2.6l engine.If ppl were more educated on these car (and a few others) they would be able to be respected as what they are a good base car that can be had for relatively cheap and also has a huge after market support.

Just a side note: diff skylines
    GXI CA18I 90hp 2 or 4 door
    GTE RB20E ?hp 2 or 4 door
    GTS (type S/J) RB20DE 130HP(i think) 2 or 4 door
    GTS T (type M) RB20DET (not a TT 6 speed u twat) 215hp 2 or 4 door
    GTR (N1, V spec, nismo) RB26DETT 280hp listed (~300 dyno) 2 door only
    Attached Images Attached Images

It can be turned into a 900hp daily driver whilst not risking reliability.
    ...no
    theo woolletts (sp?) R32 does 9 sec quarters with street tires, pump gas and a full interior as it is putting out 900hp - but no way is it a daily driver.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Haha Kipling, you owe someone 10 dollars.

Ohh yea thats right

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Blah blah blah.... £10 says we never see '____' again.
    Well with todays exchange rates that mean i just got $21 not too bad for just posting a pic eh but he'll prolly be a little bitch about it J/K

Mr.K got pwned to the max

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Mr.K got pwned to the max
    Yes. Yes I did - please accept my apologies '____' I'm sceptical of any car owner.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Dont worry its all good.
    I just want my $21, dont worry it will go tawards gas
    I didnt really mind, truth be told i found the whole thing to be rather funny. Seen how fast ppl post saying " hes full of shit" or "hes is just some bull shiting fanboi" kinda of things is just funny if i posted saying i own a 01 GTI would any body care, no, never but because i said i own a JDM(eww i hate that acronim, J spec is even worst) car every body is like ohhh hes full of shit. Meh

Wait til your posts go up a few hundred... and you will feel the cynicism washing over you like warm bath water.

Anyway, my point still stands... the Skyline lump is mighty impressive, but it's no de-tuned F1 engine, as some people would like to believe!
    Last edited by MrKipling; 08-16-2006 at 01:30 AM.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by ___
    Seen how fast ppl post saying " hes full of shit" or "hes is just some bull shiting fanboi" kinda
    you wouldn't believe how often it's true
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I do think that the Skyline is a good car.

It might look a little outdated, the interior my be as stylish as a bin bag, and the fanboys do flock to it... but it's a great driving machine and devastatingly fast across country.

The main problems I have with this car are the fanboys, and the terrible things that people do to them

Nissan developed this car to be one of the ultimate driving machines, and it was for a long time. It has a system that allows you to provoke the car into easily-controlled powerslides, and it goes like shit off a shovel.

I like them. I'd have one, totally stock and without the stupid picnic tray. I'd live with being stalked by tossers in Burberry baseball caps and Corsas with blacked-out windows, if it meant I could have one.

Quote Originally Posted by ___
    Hope u like my arts and craft project LOL and i just realised that its UCP ohh well.
    Ok 6 speed u don't know shit plz shut up, u are the reason y ppl don't like skylines.
    I am kinda shocked that u guys didn't belive me when i said i own a GTS T Type M its not that hard of a car to come by even for me i and i live in Canada. A bit costly but i really like this car (the GTS T that is not the GTR) and as far as it goes it was worth every cent.

But back on topic here.
    the GTR are good cars and that has been said and many ppl have also said the reason y most ppl dislike them so much. It is the over hype fanboi bullshit that has be come so far form the truth. when i got my car some guy came up to me and was trying to talk about it and he thought that form the factory u could get 3 diffrent grades a 300hp 450hp and 600hp package, that no where near the truth and if he even read up on these cars a little bit he would know that, or even thought of the fact of a 600hp stock coming form a 2.6l engine.If ppl were more educated on these car (and a few others) they would be able to be respected as what they are a good base car that can be had for relatively cheap and also has a huge after market support.

Just a side note: diff skylines
    GXI CA18I 90hp 2 or 4 door
    GTE RB20E ?hp 2 or 4 door
    GTS (type S/J) RB20DE 130HP(i think) 2 or 4 door
    GTS T (type M) RB20DET (not a TT 6 speed u twat) 215hp 2 or 4 door
    GTR (N1, V spec, nismo) RB26DETT 280hp listed (~300 dyno) 2 door only
    Honestly, I'm not to sure why people doubted you either. Like I said, it's not like it's a rare or expensive Skyline. The GTS T Type M is probably one of more common Skylines than the GT-Rs.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

g look forward to owning all your shitty ass Ferrari's and Bizzarini's and shit, and while I still may look upon them as great cars, I am not a fan of them in particular or any Skyline in particular. And as a matter of fact all you people who are calling me a lyer, I know my fair share about RB26's. I own one that sitting to be installed in a car right now.

Call me a fanboy or whatever the **** you may, but I'm nothing compared to you Ferrari Freak's and Mini Addicts. As some of you may be addicted to Diablo's I may be addicted to car's as well. Not the Skyline persee but any other car my mind can fancy. So **** you.

Ban me. Give me my final warning. I don't ****ing care. I wouldn't want to hang around or talk to a whole bunch of egotistical know it all jerks like you.

**** You.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

g look forward to owning all your shitty ass Ferrari's and Bizzarini's and shit, and while I still may look upon them as great cars, I am not a fan of them in particular or any Skyline in particular. And as a matter of fact all you people who are calling me a lyer, I know my fair share about RB26's. I own one that sitting to be installed in a car right now.

Call me a fanboy or whatever the **** you may, but I'm nothing compared to you Ferrari Freak's and Mini Addicts. As some of you may be addicted to Diablo's I may be addicted to car's as well. Not the Skyline persee but any other car my mind can fancy. So **** you.

Ban me. Give me my final warning. I don't ****ing care. I wouldn't want to hang around or talk to a whole bunch of egotistical know it all jerks like you.

**** You.
    Riiiiiiiight then. May i point out you didn't mention us Porsche and Honda fans. Jeez.

Also most of your post doesn't make much sense.....you call Ferraris shitty then say you still may look upon them as great? I have no idea what your upset about, no body was paticularily mean to you. Mabye Mr.K but then again he was kinda right. ( about the Porsche and specs )
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 08-16-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Thread Information