Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [pc/xb360] Gtr2

Got GTR2 and it's almost as good as they hyped.

Graphics are superb, but more on that once new graphics card comes WELL OVERDUE !!!

The updated physics give much more realistic control on throttle steering.
    The car also doesnt' feel so much like a brick going over kerbs, it 'feels' like each corner is finally acting differently.

Interesting comment ,J, as it's better than any ( other than RBR ) for tyre "feel" I've tried - including LFS. Sometimes modelling an approximation is enough perhaps

BUT network play still has the problem that it only takes one person with poor latency and the whole thing goes into a spiral of stutters Shame until enough get on GTR2 and easier to pick and chose good and known friends to race with.

AI not perfect as a faster class car will still tend to punt you in the rear if you leave them enough space to take your inside on a corner Minor tho

Well just dropped in to add my thumbs up and if you've waited for it, it's worth it. Might catch you on a track of an evening. Back to making my millions I'm afraid ............. take care.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 10-05-2006 at 11:40 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

Graphics are superb, but more on that once new graphics card comes WELL OVERDUE !!!

The car also doesnt' feel so much like a brick going over kerbs, it 'feels' like each corner is finally acting differently.

Interesting comment ,J, as it's better than any ( other than RBR ) for tyre "feel" I've tried - including LFS. Sometimes modelling an approximation is enough perhaps

BUT network play still has the problem that it only takes one person with poor latency and the whole thing goes into a spiral of stutters Shame until enough get on GTR2 and easier to pick and chose good and known friends to race with.

AI not perfect as a faster class car will still tend to punt you in the rear if you leave them enough space to take your inside on a corner Minor tho

Well just dropped in to add my thumbs up and if you've waited for it, it's worth it. Might catch you on a track of an evening. Back to making my millions I'm afraid ............. take care.
    Ah, Peter Locke stops by for a visit. Long time no see.

Is GTR2 available for seX-BOX 360 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

The master is back...

Good to see you back on the forums Peter. GTR2 is a really big step forward. In the past the biggest worry was keeping the car on the black stuff, but the new, more natural feel of the game means that I can worry about the actual racing more. Can't wait to put in my first online race.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Good to see you back on the forums Peter. GTR2 is a really big step forward. In the past the biggest worry was keeping the car on the black stuff, but the new, more natural feel of the game means that I can worry about the actual racing more. Can't wait to put in my first online race.
    So your saying its almost as easy as Grand Turismo?

I thought about getting this for PC, maby I should reconsider it.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I have just got around to buying GTR2.

Partly because I thought my computer wouldn't be able to hack it..

but mainly because it was on sale 2nd-hand for a fiver!

B.A.R.G.A.I.N

it took a lot of .plr file fiddling but it now runs acceptably and although it could (and will someday) look a whole lot better, it still looks better than GTR.

I'm just getting used to the updated driving model but getting there and the new cars in it are superb.

Definitely two thumbs up !
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I hate to double post, and I don't know if many people will care but what the hey!

Was driving in GTR2 and had the biggest sideways moment round Blanchimant (sp?) in an MC12. I haven't figured out the replays yet so here's a screen grab collage of it : )

and yes I did recover it somehow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

nice one mate
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Thread Information