Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The end of your dream

what happened? Just hope the owner has insurance
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

The owner's 5000km Lamborghini Murcielago crashed on the autobahn for no apparent reason. The owner blames Lamborghini/Audi for the failure and he lists... hey go read the website . I'm not going to spoil the tragic story.
    anyway, it's an exotic car. You live with the defects because it's a handbuilt sportscar. They're not perfect.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    You live with the defects because it's a handbuilt sportscar. They're not perfect.
    Ideosyncrasies are half the fun, but catastrophic failure is hard to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Very true. Especially true of the new awd models.
    So, technological advance is a bad thing?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Sounds like the Countach is back...
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Well Car and driver did a test drive with a murcielago and that is when Lambo's #1 man smashed the car through a road sign i believe. In the article though it said that they had been driving it but gave the car to him so that they could grab pictures of it in action. He was intentionally putting on a show for a magazine which probably caused him to take it to far. To be honest i don't know what to think, i mean you take any car fast enough and your bound to screw up..but he stated the car hot at 90 degrees which seems to severe.

I do think laborghini should compensate him because they clearly shafted him. His dealers never filed formal paper work and he had to go directly to the company two years later and their response is..oo it's too late. Well maybe if you had given a damn earlier it wouldn't have been. He never did mention insurance though but i figure he would have it on a lambo..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

But now something else.What do you think could have happened ? Is the inbalance caused by a malfunctioning inlet wing big enough to make it crash like that ? Or do you think that there has been some other malfuntion like something in the steering ?

Born in Europe. Do Not live in Europe anymore.
    who would crash a lamborghini murcielago?!?

i mean, it's obviously the drivers fault...

he probably did it to get attention or something...

crashing a lamborghini is just sad
    i'm gonna get a new car one day
    (hopefully a good one)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmacher
    I don't know whether I'm scared or surprised. Actually both. I remember reading, at the time the Murcielago (and also the Gallardo) was road tested that journalists (from more than one mag) were impressed with the overall quality and feel of things, and hailed Audi.

After reading that I'm not so sure. But then again its one man's word. Don't get me wrong, this is probably the fist time I felt for the passenger in a supercar crash, rather then foul mouth him.

Let's hope Ferrari's aren't dogged with compromise. The last thing we want is an Enzo crash conspiracy.
    Yeah, I heard that the Audi merge really helped with the fit and finish, but I don't know. Maybe the automotive magazines should have an extra long term test to tell with the LP 640.

Hmmm, while I feel for the guy and there's quite clearly been some shoddy engineering and quality control on these cars, there's some elements of his story and items on his site that make me think that's it's not just the cars fault and he's looking to place all blame on Lambo.
    1) Carping on about his injuries. He was going 225kmh and crashed. What was he expecting?
    2) The broken disc. Again, he crashed at 225kmh and the wheels came off, so the disc would have experienced a lot of force.
    3) The fact that all of the drivers were "experienced drivers" who had lots of "racing experience." Just seems a bit dodgy to me. 4) Somehow an engine failure caused a car to flip. WTF mate?
    5) An engine failure is a strange incident. I think if you drive a big sportscar with a highly tuned, powerful, V12 engine and consider an engine failure a strange incident, well, maybe you should think about some other form of transport.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

And this just raises further questions, as that's the same crash as listed in the web page
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    So, technological advance is a bad thing?
    I fear change...

Did Lamborghini ever steal the Nissan 300Z's headlights for their cars? I've heard of it before but I always thought it was a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by deanee
    he probably did it to get attention or something...
    He would need to be on the edge of terminal boredom to intentionally cream his Lambo. I seriously doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Yeah, I heard that the Audi merge really helped with the fit and finish, but I don't know. Maybe the automotive magazines should have an extra long term test to tell with the LP 640.
    yeah... I hope so mate...

Thread Information