Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer In Photos

Summer In Photos

Just thought I'd post a few photos, and see how everyone's summer's going so far. Feel free to post photos and stories of anything cool you've done this summer.

Pics 1,2 & 6: Battery Park, city block, Statue of Liberty - NYC
    Pic 3: Went to Washington D.C. as well, very nice city
    Pic 4 & 5: Spent lots of time this summer taking pics with my new camera
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Also went to Maryland on the way up from NYC (sunset shot) Lancer was one of the many sweet cars I saw in NYC. Saw the helicopters pick up Bush from a gathering of some sort on the lawn (not in the picture sadly) which was cool.

Last 3 are from my Chicago trip the week after my east coast trip. Sear's Tower, cool apartment buildings, and the Chicago River respectively. (Wilco fans will recognize those buildings from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.)
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

More miscellaneous pictures from Chicago, it's an incredible city I must say. That weird metallic building is the Art Institute of Chicago, and that crazy mirrored bean was a sculpture on the property. The garden and little footpool thing were all part of the property as well, very cool place indeed.
    Last edited by zeppelin; 08-27-2006 at 03:57 PM.

First pic is a cool sunset I caught one day, they seem to be making up a bulk of my photos this summer... I've seen some pretty wicked skies. Last 5 are from my camping trip up at 6 Mile Lake (in Ontario). Mostly just fun we had with fire, our "neighbours" gave us some cool fire colouring powder... pretty wicked awesome if you ask me.

Anyway, those are some of my summer holiday highlights so far, one of my best summers in a while. Feel free to share your highlights.
    Last edited by zeppelin; 08-27-2006 at 04:00 PM.

Mine ended a week and a half ago...

Sounds like you had a great summer.

I went to LA and Colorado, and hung out here...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Yeah I saw lots of great places, lots of fun.

Whereabouts in Colorado? I was thinking about heading down there sometime this year, wanting to get into mountain climbing and do some snowboarding. Looks really nice there.

Damn, you sure travel a lot. Nice pics.
    I sadly haven't taken many pics this summer.

Well I went skiing in Steamboat for spring break, and it was fun, so I went back. It was really fun.

If you go, stay here, it's awesome :
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Dude Chicago rocks! I have spent considerable time there being from the 'burbs and all. The 'mirrored' thing is the Bean and has been an ongoing project recently completed. The 'metallic' sturcture is the outdoor concert area. I think theres a more official name for it but I dont know it. All of that stuff is in Millenium Park (Including the footpool I think and the large screens and lights) then there is Buckingham Fountain, which is just amazing.

Now as far as my summer went, I came out to Muncie, IN for my college orientation and then I went to the USGP qualifying. I also spent some time up at my families new house in Wisconsin.

#1 is our new house
    #2 is the Bell Tower here at Ball State University
    #3 is Schumacher and Massa following Qualy at USGP
    #4 is Kimi Raikkonen during the morning practice

Wow nice house and nice campus!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Damn, you sure travel a lot. Nice pics.
    I sadly haven't taken many pics this summer.
    Heh yeah, I'm trying to visit all 50 states before I'm 30. That's my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    If you go, stay here, it's awesome :
    What's that place called? It looks really nice... and pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Wow nice house and nice campus!
    Yeah, very nice house and location, looks like a super nice cottage.

were in winter over here, but last summer was awsome
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Next up is me. This summer I went to Northern-Italy for just to weeks. Despite the 40 degrees(plus) heat we tried to visit as many places as we could.

A short travel report in pictures:

1) Just under the summit of the Simplonpass in Switserland we parked our car for a short stop.You can see the monastery for the early mountaineers on this picture as well as the roadon the left.

2) A typical scene on the banks of the Lago Maggiore.This picture was taken in a luxury beach resort called Stresa.We stayed in something much cheaper in Verbania-Pallanza on the other side.

3) In front of the Smart you can see our transportation The black Citroen is ours. It's my dads dream car. We can barely afford it but we got one

4) Boats like these are used as public transportation by the Italians livin around the lake.This picture was taken from the lakeside in Locarno.

5) This castle is located on the top of a mountain in the town of Angera.It was owned by the rich Borromeo family. Now there is a doll museum and some interesting art works. You will find plenty of palaces,castles,monuments and other stuff made by the Borromeo's around the lake.

6) This is a rather special monastery.It is only reachable by boat and then some 20metres of stairs or by walking down some satirs and descending 30 metres.Going down is ok,but going back up again is a real killer espcially in the extreme heat we had I cant remember but my parents said i passed out in the car later...A good lesson,never combine intense sporting with quitting smoking The monastery still functions today.

Thread Information