Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge in australia

Dodge in australia

i saw a ad on 7 for a comp for the dodge caliber and i checked to see if if they have a website and the do ( www.dodge.com.au ) does anyone know if the challenger and the charger are coming to aus?
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Hopefully, no Dodge cars are coming to Australia (but unfortunately, we all know they are coming )
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    Hopefully, no Dodge cars are coming to Australia (but unfortunately, we all know they are coming )

Thats overlyharsh bmw fanboy, Dodge are not exactly the most exciting, nor technically proficeint cars, but they diversify the choice for consumers nonetheless, and the Challenger is a terrific concept that has been well recieved internationally. Their other cars dont light my fire, but hey, not every manufacturer can design cars to all of our tastes.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Dodge Chrysler like Toyota and Lexus like KFC same shit different bucket.
    But i seen that Chrysler waggon 300c thing the same guy that drove all the other new ones getting around.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

There's a Calibur in Canberra. It doesn't look that bad, but it's kinda weird cause I've never seen it up close and from where've I've seen it it looked really big
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

We're at the whims of everyone else as far as the Charger and Challenger goes. IIRC, they dont make the Charger in RHD like they do the 300C.
    I am the Stig

It would be good if the Challenger does come to Australia. I really like the look of it. The Hemi is nice too.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Well, if the Camaro comes, they definately should and even the next Monaro should be reason enough. I bet there's plenty of die-hard Mopar fans here, and even just car people in general would be in interested, it just looks fantastc
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I'd be interested to see how the costs goes. The Mustang's Ford brought over were way overpriced, although they were modified by Tickford Australia, not taken from an existing RHD supply which would change things alot. If they got them here for around $60K with a decent enough V8, IMO it'd be a success.
    I am the Stig

I don't see any reason why it would be another Mustang-esque flop. It's based on the same platform as the 300C so factory RHD, no expensive ADR process as it also uses the same engines (the 5.7 and 6.1 HEMIs ) which I haven't read anything bad about. With the way the 300C is priced I really see no reason why they couldn't get a 5.7 version at around $60k (or whatever something at that price bracket now is selling for in ~2 years time) and the big 6.1 version at around a HSV Coupe prive (between $80k and $100k)
    – Hunter Thompson

Well being on the 300C's platform isnt enough, as i said before we dont get Chargers as IIRC theyre only made in LHD and thats closer than anything to the 300C.
    I am the Stig

Good point, but is that the Charger can't be made in RHD, or just isn't? Plus I'm pretty sure it only looks different to the 300C, nothing mechanical
    – Hunter Thompson

I think its just that they arent. We get 300C's from Austria, im not too sure where the LHD ones come from.
    I am the Stig

I'd imagine the US ones are built in the US, and the Austrian plant builds the Euro LHD cars
    – Hunter Thompson

It would make sense like that.

Just had a look on Wikipedia and theyve got assembly location as Brampton Ontario, so the Canadian plant must be LHD.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information