Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spied: Nissan Skyline GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    I believe you jumped the gun to criticize me that fast.
    I didn't criticize. I was bored. And yes, I was generalizing.
    However I can't see the enthusiasm about a car that needs to be bettered to meat your expectations. I love cars wich I think are fine. Not cars that I think must bettered. Tuning is great for those who don't have the chance to dream with "the real thing".

I personally seem to have a taste in taking modern day fast cars and making them faster.
    Sorry but I had never realised that. You use to do that? What cars have you modified?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    If you need to modify that much, the car must be a total crap.
    Why do people immediately talk about modifying when they see a Skyline and they don't do the same when they see a Porsche 911? It's just bad taste or everyone thinks Skylines are made by Lego?
    well, in the past it mainly was because the skyline was limited to 280hp and could make much more quite easily. It appears this one is coming out with quite a lot of power so imo people wouldn't have to tune it like the last one.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    I'm afraid too... And if they don't look out it will be its biggest problem. Can't say much about the looks yet, have to wait for a pic without disguise...
    Until you actually put it on a scale, you can't say that yet. How come you guys don't think the Porsche 911 Turbo is heavy?

Not actually modified any just always been my taste dont really have sufficient funding! One day though I will hopefully get my hands on something worth putting a couple of hair dryers on! Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you, no hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well the 350Z is about 1550kg and the Infiniti G35 coupe/Skyline GT is about 1600kg. I'd guess that the GTR ends up being around 1650-1700kg.
    350Z = 1485kg
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Why do people immediately talk about modifying when they see a Skyline and they don't do the same when they see a Porsche 911?.....
    I love cars wich I think are fine. Not cars that I think must bettered. Tuning is great for those who don't have the chance to dream with "the real thing".
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Why do people immediately talk about modifying when they see a Skyline and they don't do the same when they see a Porsche 911? It's just bad taste or everyone thinks Skylines are made by Lego?
    i am not sure if i am correct,but it's becouse people see alot of highly modifyed skylines than the stock one.that's why most people love them and they don't know that car has $100k+ in it to be that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    350Z = 1485kg
    Pretty sure thats tare weight. When i went looking on Nissan Oz's site, they had a figure like that but it was tare weight, so i had to go looking on some US sites for the kerb weight.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    i am not sure if i am correct,but it's becouse people see alot of highly modifyed skylines than the stock one.that's why most people love them and they don't know that car has $100k+ in it to be that fast.
    Partly correct. To be fair to the Skyline, it's engineered well enough to take a $100K worth of modification. Try tripling the horsepower in most cars and they will fall apart. The fact that a Skyline can handle enormous amounts of power is testament to just how over-engineered it is.

Personally, I wouldn't modify a car to have too much more than 25% of the power it came with from the factory. Silly levels of modification point to some kind of complex imo.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you, no hard feelings.
    It didn't seem like that, and I was aonly teasing you guys for some healthy discussion.
    In fact the 286bhp or so, were very low for such a complex car. But by tunning it, people were just making the car was it was meant to be in the first place. The engine was only a base for what could be done. And however I understand the pleasure of doing something to our car to make it meat our expectations, i can't help thinking that I would prefer a car that came from factory like I want it: agile enough, powerful enough, sharp enough. Because no matter how good the skills of a tuner are, they can never reach the level of scientific intervention of the factory experts IMHO.

Because no matter how good the skills of a tuner are, they can never reach the level of scientific intervention of the factory experts IMHO.
    but sometimes factory experts have to make compromises to meet emissions/noise regulations and budgets, and some people like their car to be better than others like it, or more personalised. Also a car made for a market might not be quite specific enough for an owner willing to trade ride comfort for handling etc etc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    but sometimes factory experts have to make compromises to meet emissions/noise regulations and budgets, and some people like their car to be better than others like it, or more personalised. Also a car made for a market might not be quite specific enough for an owner willing to trade ride comfort for handling etc etc
    I don't want to brake much emission/noise regulations either.
    When it comes to sportscars, sometimes tuners trade comfort for even worst handling. That's not rare to see people stiffen and lower theirs cars and, in the end, their corner no better than with standard settings. The same goes with engine tuning too, sometimes.

commonplace on RX-7's around the world is a turbo/intake/exhaust change that kills fuel economy, but gives the RX a much deeper whine..

that is an example of what levels people in todays world are willing to go to have a car customised to suit them.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Well its a given that unless youre increasing the efficiency of the engine then youre going to chew through more fuel by increasing power. Rotaries benefit greatly from porting and such so changes to how the engine breathes which have bad economy effects arent too much of a surprise.
    I am the Stig

....... some how i miss the ricy looks of 90's Jap bad boys. I have to admit i hated Too Fast Too Furious TOO MUCH because of the damage it done to Jap racers, but hey, somehow it boost up the repo of Jap racers in US (albeit kinda ricey way)

I'm still in love with the early 90s with a fleet of RX7s, Evo3s, Skyline R32, Supra, 300ZX Fairlady.... those were the days.

Now every damn product from Jap was trying wayyy too hard to look like the next Euro sports car however IMO they really failed bringing out the heritage that made them so famous.

Thread Information