Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got my Wii! ...It's broken. :(

I got my Wii! ...It's broken. :(

So today I get to Best Buy at 6:50 in the morning, I wait outside in the cold for 3 hours, and I walk home with a shiny new Wii plus a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids and Legend of Zelda:TP. I go home, set it up, play it for a few hours, and then decide to try out the online feature. After fumbling around with my router for a bit I change the channel of it, go online... and get the dreaded 110213 error code. This sucks.

On the plus side, Nintendo is being great about replacing it. They are sending me a replacement Wii along with a box where I send back my broken one so I don't miss a second of Wii action. All for free (even shipping!).

Anyways, I highly recommend this system. Wii sports alone convinced me this is gonna be great. It feels so natural playing Wii sports most of the games don't even need instructions to tell you how to play. Go and try and find one of these now.

I'm gonna wait 5 or 6 years for the 360 to really drop in price. If I were to get a nintendo it'd be the 64.

At least you didn't send the wii controller through your tv screen like some people have already.

Wii oh Why? You even buy that thing...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Wii oh Why? You even buy that thing...
    Because they're fun and cheap and looks sexy ... it's also more about gameplay that graphics, the latter being for nerds who don't get laid ... unlike the other offerings on the market. Also stuff like that is fun as f*ck played pissed, not that nerds would know what insoberiety feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    At least you didn't send the wii controller through your tv screen like some people have already.
    Somebody did that at a store I was at last weekend

That's good service there. Was it a confirmed problem with the Wii going online or was it your router's problem there? I haven't heard of any problems with the Wii yet. I'm currently split between the PS3 and the Wii. I like both of their game offerings. Anyway, I'm still waiting a while for the prices to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I'm currently split between the PS3 and the Wii. I like both of their game offerings. Anyway, I'm still waiting a while for the prices to drop.
    I gotta say, what Nintendo lacks in the graphics department, they've repeatedly made up for in gameplay. I don't know if anyone else owns a Gamecube, but anytime my roommates and I are looking for a good multiplayer game, the Cube always beats out my PS2. I'm gonna wait a little while for prices to drop/any bugs to be worked out, then I'm gonna get a Wii. I've only heard good things about it, but the PS3 has been said to be very similar to the 360 in terms of graphics and, at the moment, available games.
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

Quote Originally Posted by Sackalack GT
    I gotta say, what Nintendo lacks in the graphics department, they've repeatedly made up for in gameplay. I don't know if anyone else owns a Gamecube, but anytime my roommates and I are looking for a good multiplayer game, the Cube always beats out my PS2. I'm gonna wait a little while for prices to drop/any bugs to be worked out, then I'm gonna get a Wii. I've only heard good things about it, but the PS3 has been said to be very similar to the 360 in terms of graphics and, at the moment, available games.
    The console doesn't make the game play; the games do. The gamecube also had better graphics than the ps2.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    The console doesn't make the game play; the games do. The gamecube also had better graphics than the ps2.
    Wrong. Nintendo designed the controllers and the graphical hardware ... with the fancy controllers, the game designers can implement that new technology into the game. Not only that, it is up to Nintendo to choose whether a game is allowed to be compatible with their console and marketed as a Nintendo Wii game. Gameplay has everything to do with the platform it is being used on.

I played a WII yesterday and I have to say that things a ton of fun and dare I say it but its a workout if played for long enough. The 2 player boxing is a ton of fun.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    When I was 8 I smashed my block of a gameboy's screen on my forehead after having failed at kirby pinball for the Xth time. I don't know what it is with nintendos, but they really anger me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Because they're fun and cheap and looks sexy ... it's also more about gameplay that graphics, the latter being for nerds who don't get laid ... unlike the other offerings on the market. Also stuff like that is fun as f*ck played pissed, not that nerds would know what insoberiety feels like.
    Someone finally got it right.

Wonder what Werty will say about all this...Probably: "I told you the Wii was crap you noobs!!!!11!

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Wrong. Nintendo designed the controllers and the graphical hardware ... with the fancy controllers, the game designers can implement that new technology into the game. Not only that, it is up to Nintendo to choose whether a game is allowed to be compatible with their console and marketed as a Nintendo Wii game. Gameplay has everything to do with the platform it is being used on.
    A small chunk in what makes a game great. Hardly an argument.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    A small chunk in what makes a game great. Hardly an argument.
    Gameplay is 50% of what makes a game great. At least.

Thread Information