I would like to have a program to perform SIMPLE tasks with images, like resizing and cutting images to “wallpaper“ size. No more, no less. I do not need a 16 billion colour rendering program, where I can create my own photo realistic stuff. As you might notice, I am an absolute beginner on this and just need a simple basic program for the above mentioned tasks. I hear you all crying out “PHOTOSHOP“. Eh well, I downloaded a free trial of version 9. But only using it for resize and cutting, it was a bit too complicated for me (like said, I have no experience with thes kind of programs). Also, the 30 day trial expired and now I can not acces it anymore. I also searched for other older versions to download, but could not find anything for FREE (unwilling to spend money on a program, just to resize/cut)... Also did not search very good either, because I was lazy... I already found a nice program called IRFANVIEW and I like it, BUT as soon as you resize or cut anything it resamples the images and make them bigger in size in KB, sometimes it doubles the size in KB when you only cut out a few pixels - is this normal? I did not notice this when using free trial of Photoshop. Anyway, maybe some of you could advise me on this. Thanks.