Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarkson:The good, the bad, and the down right liers...

I find him to be quite entertaining. I also don't really see how this is offensive to anyone. So the horse beat the Mustang, does it really matter? It not like Clarkson's existance has caused you to develop brain cancer. He makes fun of TVRs all the time, does that upset me? No, he is entitled to an opinion too.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

The Good, The Bad and the downright Myers

Have any of you seen that downright liar Mike Myers?

I was watching Austin Powers, and the erstwhile extremely accurate representation of British life was ruined by his contention that British people have bad teeth!

At first I readied myself to fire off an angry email to the producers of the film immediately: how can such a "factual" documentary on the British Intelligence Service be so inaccurate?!

Then I realised that impotently & indignantly flailing about on internet forums that would never be seen by anyone connected with the film would be more constructive.

To add to my fury, not only is this gross error of fact present in the work of Myers, but I have seen it repeated in an edition of Seth McFarlane's gritty documentary about a "Family Guy", and that Financial News programme that's so good - you know the one - with those six presenters who are all Friends.

Are there no controls over what can be broadcast in the USA?

Think of all the American children with a passing interest in dentistry who's opinions of British oral heath care will be grossly distorted by this blatant, almost racist bias that is continually broadcast over the airwaves!

I am so indignant at this blatant bias against British dentistry I shall make a concious effort to make this error be known we'er I go, and we'er I post, because I have nothing better to do with my life.

Oh, no wait... I realised it was a joke and laughed.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 12-10-2006 at 09:10 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

I was watching Austin Powers, and the erstwhile extremely accurate representation of British life was ruined by his contention was that British people have bad teeth!

At first I readied myself to fire off an angry email to the producers of the film immediately: how can such a "factual" documentary on the British Intelligence Service be so inaccurate?!

Then I realised that impotently & indignantly flailing about on internet forums that would never be seen by anyone connected with the film would be more constructive.

To add to my fury, not only is this gross error of fact present in the work of Myers, but I have seen it repeated in an edition of Seth McFarlane's gritty documentary about a "Family Guy", and that Financial News programme that's so good - you know the one - with those six presenters who are all Friends.

Think of all the American children with a passing interest in dentistry who's opinions of British oral heath care will be grossly distorted by this blatant, almost racist bias that is continually broadcast over the airwaves!

I am so indignant at this blatant bias against British dentistry I shall make a concious effort to make this error be known we'er I go, and we'er I post, because I have nothing better to do with my life.

That is brilliant!
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    What's the big deal? All he said wrong was "4.6L" and "300hp", now you guys are screaming like if you've got nothing better to do. Some of you loves to criticize little mistakes without realizing that nobody's perfect. How would you feel if I start making threads to bash you for every word you misspell and every punctuation error you make in your posts and say that it's inexcusable and it should never have happened? Television always has been opinionated and always will be except for the news reports, so I don't think there's a point to bash one's opinions or minor mistakes. Everyone has a right to speak their minds, and I won't say a word unless it affects my life.

Quote Originally Posted by François-Marie Arouet de Voltaire
    I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Mencia
    For all you gay people out there: if you can take a penis, you can take a joke.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    What's the big deal? All he said wrong was "4.6L" and "300hp", now you guys are screaming like if you've got nothing better to do. Some of you loves to criticize little mistakes without realizing that nobody's perfect. How would you feel if I start making threads to bash you for every word you misspell and every punctuation error you make in your posts and say that it's inexcusable and it should never have happened? Television always has been opinionated and always will be except for the news reports, so I don't think there's a point to bash one's opinions or minor mistakes. Everyone has a right to speak their minds, and I won't say a word unless it affects my life.
    +1. _
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

legend.... 'Like the car, the horse has leather upholstry'... HAHAHA
    I reckon I'll be getting his new DVD for Christmas, I get Clarkson DVD's every year. YIPEEE
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    What's the big deal? All he said wrong was "4.6L" and "300hp", now you guys are screaming like if you've got nothing better to do.
    I don't think for a moment that he is making a "mistake" when he implies it is the V8.

The man has been in automotive journalism, to varying degrees of seriousness/silliness for a considerable time - to think he couldn't work out what engine was powering the car he is in is a bit far fetched.

For whatever reason - the car they ended up with for filming was a V6, but that doesn't matter.

It also wouldn't matter if it had been the Stig in the Shelby GT500 version - it'd still have lost to the horse - that is the whole point of the "feature".

It is illustrating a point figuratively.

Obviously, some people think this is a literal, serious, scientifically conducted study into "which is faster". These people are wrong, and watching them get all uppety and outraged is damned funny.

Clarkson is British - he writes for and presents to a British audience who can (most of the time, the UK isn't totally devoid of idiots...) detect and understand the subtleties of what is going on. Quite a lot of people who aren't British manage to understand this too.

Sometimes though, some people force themselves to see only what they want to see in a situation, due to their own ingrained prejudices.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    it didnt have a V8 thrum, so its a 4.0 litre and 200 and a bit hp, whats new about it? (i am not being rude, i am curious)!
    I know its new to the Mustang, Im pretty sure its a relatively new engine they came out with, its the same they use in the Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    which probably understeers even more heavier
    Are you really that dense? Thats like saying the STi will understeer more than a base impreza because the STi has more weight in the front with the turbo, piping and cooling system.
    The Mustang GT, like all previous GTs, has revised suspension, different wheels/tires, better brakes, and I wouldnt be surprised if it had a better LSD too. Cant find the specs for the V6, but the GT has a 52/47 weight distrabution, which is certainly nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Are you really that dense? Thats like saying the STi will understeer more than a base impreza because the STi has more weight in the front with the turbo, piping and cooling system.
    The Mustang GT, like all previous GTs, has revised suspension, different wheels/tires, better brakes, and I wouldnt be surprised if it had a better LSD too. Cant find the specs for the V6, but the GT has a 52/47 weight distrabution, which is certainly nothing to complain about.
    it looks like you continue to reply here without even grasping the real meaning
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    52/47 so 99 alltogether, and the V6 is pretty ancient.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

I was watching Austin Powers, and the erstwhile extremely accurate representation of British life was ruined by his contention that British people have bad teeth!

1 British man had bad teeth in that movie, NO WHERE did it even imply that all British people have bad teeth. Difference is Clarkson comes right out and says "Its a 4.6L V8", which clearly it is not.

Difference is, those were actually funny, calling a V6 Mustang a GT is, well, not.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    it looks like you continue to reply here without even grasping the real meaning
    I know, your pulling a "clarkson", but like clarkson you most likley actually believe what you spitting out to be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    52/47 so 99 alltogether, and the V6 is pretty ancient.
    52.5/47.5*
    Looked it up, came out in 1997 for the explorer, it is new to the Mustang though.

Thread Information