Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 vs Xbox 360 - Spot the difference!

PS3 vs Xbox 360 - Spot the difference!

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3155393

Here's something I thought was interesting. It's a clever video of Tiger Woods 07 on the PS3 and XBOX360. It's not a side by side comparison though. What they have done is run one video, but edited it so that one half of the action on screen is rendered with an Xbox, and the other half rendered with a Playstation.

Look for the option "Download our HD comparison video" to see it in a larger resolution.

There is no difference!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Gamespot has done a similar comparison using several multiplatform games. The 360 either outperformed or was equivalent to the PS3. Each of the games were release titles for both consoles. You would think the graphics for the PS3 would superior with it incredible processing and graphical power.

It is going to take time for developers to take full advantage of the PS3's attributes. Many developers have said it is easier to program for the 360, and they received their 360 development kits earlier in the program phase than the PS3. Honestly, I can wait for the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE

There is no difference!
    i dont even have to watch the video to know that...but good find, maybe some poeple will realize now that PS3 doesnt eat 360 graphics for breakfast...they eat together side by side, tearing apart the Wii's bloody carcass
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    i dont even have to watch the video to know that...but good find, maybe some poeple will realize now that PS3 doesnt eat 360 graphics for breakfast...they eat together side by side, tearing apart the Wii's bloody carcass
    But the Wii eats creatively...
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

The Wii is like a 190bhp Lotus Elise, next to a 600bhp Mercedes CLS (PS3 and 360). Yes, the Merc may have the more power, but the Elise is much more fun at an insane amount cheaper

i'd still rather have PS3... when some proper games come out on it, it'll be Da BoLL0x

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    There is no difference!
    of course! its the same game. To me, these comparisons are more about the game than the system. It shows the amount of effort, or lack of, that the developers put into tailoring the game to each individual platform.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    of course! its the same game. To me, these comparisons are more about the game than the system. It shows the amount of effort, or lack of, that the developers put into tailoring the game to each individual platform.
    Actually from what I've read from developers at GameDev and from the IGDA, there is a huge amount of complaining that there is little that they can do to improve games across platforms. This is also now being considered one of the reasons why Rockstar Games ended talks with Sony about making the Grand Theft Auto series of games a Playstation premiere so easily; because doing so would not have any major effect on their already-confirmed release date.

The potential for both the X360 and PS3 isn't even close to being touched. Just look at the difference between Xbox games from 2001 vs. ones being released this past year.

Perhaps once we hit the end of each's lifespan, the latest PS3 games will be better, but until then there will be an even and insane progression in the realism of games.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    but the Elise is much more fun at an insane amount cheaper
    since when was $50 an insane amount of money?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Tiger is getting sued for hitting that lady with the golf ball.

I find it funny how the PS3 developers are putting out launch titles that are now on par with nearly all X360 games after the X360 developers have had a year.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Whats wrong with putting the new NFS game and Tiger Woods games on the PS3? Are they supposed to avoid titles they would usually have, just because the Xbox has them?
    The proof of the PS3 is in the specs
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    I find it funny how the PS3 developers are putting out launch titles that are now on par with nearly all X360 games after the X360 developers have had a year.
    Explain further, I'm confused..
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

What? How can you be confused. Everyone always goes "OMG Launch titles, suck. The games look better as the console gets older...."

Well, the X360 has been out for a year now, and the PS3 launch games look just as good which can only mean they will look better in the future.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information