Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 vs Xbox 360 - Spot the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    What? How can you be confused. Everyone always goes "OMG Launch titles, suck. The games look better as the console gets older...."

Well, the X360 has been out for a year now, and the PS3 launch games look just as good which can only mean they will look better in the future.
    I was confused about what you meant, but I understand now. Perhaps the above is true, and shows that PS3 is a much better system, but it could also mean nothing, if graphics don't improve.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I was confused about what you meant, but I understand now. Perhaps the above is true, and shows that PS3 is a much better system, but it could also mean nothing, if graphics don't improve.
    BUT they will, they allways do... This is the 7th generation of gaming consoles and so far game's graphics have allways improved.

Ps3 Will have better graphics than the xbox 360. Better hardware, better medium and HD capability.

The thing that the PS3 has, that everyone is neglecting now is the insane amount of potential of the bluray disc. Where you will have a Xbox360 game with 5 levels (purely for comparison purposes) the PS3 version can have 15! if XBOX360 has a RPG with a giant world, 10 characters, dozens of hours of game play, the ps3 games will always have the possibility of surpassing that because you store a lot more information on a bluray disc. This will ultimately be one of the deciding factors as to who wins the war....

Another factor will be the PS3 fanbase. Play station ahs become a love brand, t has a cult following comparable to nintendo in the 80's. Everyone that buys a PS3 now is a PS fanboy...There are hardly any good games out and the price is freakin ridiculous.

Imagine when decent games start apearing. In a year from now PS3 will come out on top...oh yes it will.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    BUT they will, they allways do... This is the 7th generation of gaming consoles and so far game's graphics have allways improved.

Ps3 Will have better graphics than the xbox 360. Better hardware, better medium and HD capability.

The thing that the PS3 has, that everyone is neglecting now is the insane amount of potential of the bluray disc. Where you will have a Xbox360 game with 5 levels (purely for comparison purposes) the PS3 version can have 15! if XBOX360 has a RPG with a giant world, 10 characters, dozens of hours of game play, the ps3 games will always have the possibility of surpassing that because you store a lot more information on a bluray disc. This will ultimately be one of the deciding factors as to who wins the war....

Another factor will be the PS3 fanbase. Play station ahs become a love brand, t has a cult following comparable to nintendo in the 80's. Everyone that buys a PS3 now is a PS fanboy...There are hardly any good games out and the price is freakin ridiculous.

Imagine when decent games start apearing. In a year from now PS3 will come out on top...oh yes it will.
    nexgenwars.com

Even though its still first shipment? Sony is flagging behind the Wii. Oh well.

How big do you want games to be? Oblivion is huge, and didnt utilise the capacity of the dvd disc.

Deciding factors on who will have the edge will be online gaming, games library, third party support and lasting functionality with contiunale update improvements and hardware.

..and we all know who will have the distinct edge with online play.

"better" is such a broad statement, and endlessly comparible to anything. Some developers spit out better "looking" games than others. I still think with Microsoft and thier experience with PC markets, there will be massive third party support and hardware updates.

In a years time we will have supremely superior looking games from all systems. But the Wii's interactive ability will only grow and prosper over time, leading to games that will use more of its potential - begging the question. Will gamers wake up and smell the flowers? It really is gameplay over graphics. Gawd, how many people are still play CS 1.6 and BF1942? Lots. Hundred. Thousands. Its the gameplay people and the Wii and Nintendo in general have always had the knack for pulling great games out of thier smart asses.

another question. Really. How many people are truly going to grasp the full viewing potential of the 360 or ps3? The vast majority of consumers wont. Its like people who by grand tourers, sure, they have immense amounts of power and handling ability, but are they really going to exploit the mechanical wonders of the car?
    Last edited by Blitz_; 12-12-2006 at 08:56 AM.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    If there were more units available, they would have sold aswell. The PS3 would have easily outsold the Wii in the US if Sony produced enough.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I think everyone going on about specs and hardware need to read this tech break down.
    Very interesting...
    LINKY!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

id take a guess and say the reason why the 2 examples look exactly the same is because the graphics default is set to the same level regardless of what platform it is. Which was the same for many games on PS2 and Xbox.

nexgenwars.com
    OF course more WIIs have been sold, theree were a lot more available.
    How big do you want games to be? Oblivion is huge, and didnt utilise the capacity of the dvd disc.
    Open your eyes! Imagine a game like GrandTurismo, imagine the quantity of tracks, cars, events etc...
    Games like Final fantasy,or any other RPG imagine the size of the world, the amount of items, characters, alternate story lines, etc...
    Sports games, the amount of detail info on each player, the amount of teams (especially in a game like FIFA were there are hundreds and hundreds of clubs in the world.
    Deciding factors on who will have the edge will be online gaming, games library, third party support and lasting functionality with contiunale update improvements and hardware.
    You speak af if Games library was issue for sony.
    ..and we all know who will have the distinct edge with online play.
    And what percentage of people who own a game console play online? Whatpercentage of Xbox owners play online?what percentage are willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for online game play?

"better" is such a broad statement, and endlessly comparible to anything. Some developers spit out better "looking" games than others. I still think with Microsoft and thier experience with PC markets, there will be massive third party support and hardware updates.

In a years time we will have supremely superior looking games from all systems. But the Wii's interactive ability will only grow and prosper over time, leading to games that will use more of its potential - begging the question. Will gamers wake up and smell the flowers? It really is gameplay over graphics. Gawd, how many people are still play CS 1.6 and BF1942? Lots. Hundred. Thousands. Its the gameplay people and the Wii and Nintendo in general have always had the knack for pulling great games out of thier smart asses.
    Definatly with you there, but again that is not an issue for sony.
    another question. Really. How many people are truly going to grasp the full viewing potential of the 360 or ps3? The vast majority of consumers wont. Its like people who by grand tourers, sure, they have immense amounts of power and handling ability, but are they really going to exploit the mechanical wonders of the car?
    yes because people play with theyr eyes closed.

maybe they wont explore every corner of the game, but they will allways go for the "prettyer" one.
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 12-12-2006 at 05:54 PM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

having just played a wii, i now don't care how good the PS3 graphics are, since i'm never going to buy one now. never grinned so much while playing a video game, can't wait to see what developers do with the wii
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Open your eyes! Imagine a game like GrandTurismo, imagine the quantity of tracks, cars, events etc...
    Games like Final fantasy,or any other RPG imagine the size of the world, the amount of items, characters, alternate story lines, etc...
    Sports games, the amount of detail info on each player, the amount of teams (especially in a game like FIFA were there are hundreds and hundreds of clubs in the world.
    The main chunk of disk usage would come from high-resolution cut-scenes that mimic DVD-quality movies. Actual gamedata isn't as demanding of disk space and resources.

And what percentage of people who own a game console play online? Whatpercentage of Xbox owners play online?what percentage are willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for online game play? You have to understand, the only way you'd be able to distinguish between 360 and ps3 is through an uber expensive home theatre system. Many people are still playing on your average 32" tube or moderately priced LCD tv.
    A lot of people who own xbox have xbox live, and those who don't, probably have played it and wish they did. BTW, hundreds for online play?!? More like $50.

maybe they wont explore every corner of the game, but they will allways go for the "prettyer" one.
    In a way, yes.. but is 5-10% 'prettier' a justification for 300 dollars?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I'm really wondering how much difference you'd really ever be able to see between the 2. I mean, it's not like you can max out everything on a PS3 and it'll be better than the 360, as there's only so much a TV set can show. It's not like a monitor designed for a computer that you can crank the res up on, a HD set will never show any more than 1080 lines of res (well, less to be technically, and then half that for the interlacing, but that doesn't really count as much as the other missing lines)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Black looks better than Far Cry: Instincts, but I know which one I prefer.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Black looks better than Far Cry: Instincts, but I know which one I prefer.
    black? because that game kicked ass. far cry was pretty but gameplay meh
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Ill bet 100 dollars that Sony develops a controller like the Wii's....

Did I say games library, im sorry i meant QUALITY games library. My bad.

Online gaming is expanding, and at a very fast rate, why do you think the big three implemented online capabilities into thier consoles? There is a large portion of console gamers that now play online. Game reviews of today always highligh online play, or lack thereof. It adds another dimension to gameplay and also the lastability of it as well.

Im not too sure about your statement when you say people go for the prettier games. Sure the average jo parent with a kid will go out and grab viva pinata because of the funky colours, but even the most novice of gamers will flip the cover over and read the contents, gameplay featueres and so on.

Games like far cry, oh, quake and doom all have stellar graphics, ill choose cs1.6 over them anyday for a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Ill bet 100 dollars that Sony develops a controller like the Wii's....
    I though the six axis controller already mimicked the basics of Wii's controler?

If there really was a game as large as this world, it certainly wont be on the current generation consoles. When that time does come around. Ill grab out BF1942 or the ole' wolfenstein and have a good laugh at the poor sods sitting down for hours developing the "gamers gut".

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    I think everyone going on about specs and hardware need to read this tech break down.
    Very interesting...
    LINKY!

I read the first page and got bored. Which console "won" in the end? (if the term really does have a true meaning in this industry)

- The line for the PS3

Thread Information