Quote Originally Posted by CJ_007
Doug, how soon, at the earliest, can she be home?
There is no thought of her coming home yet, we first have to determine whether she'll live.

Another day in the ICU ward. If her health can be reduced to a numbers game, which is what they do in ICU, the charts tell all, then there may be some reason to be hopeful. With my unwanted but quite extensive experience of hanging around her hospital wards and reading charts out of boredom over the last several years, what I'm seeing is:

The blood toxins which were sky high, have reduced significantly to the extent that no dialysis was done today.
Electrolytes which were dangerously low are still out of whack, but much nearer to target.
The white blood cell count which was rising day-to-day, indicating the body fighting harder and harder against infection, has stopped rising.
Blood pressure is a little low still but is maintaining itself without more blood being transfused today.

These are only indicators but taken together, the big picture points to stabilisation, from where she could possibly start to climb out of the pit.

Also on the upside, her trusted doctor arrived tonight. My phone call caught him on the way home from the airport and he came around after dropping his family and bags at home. He still has to assimilate her condition and the goings on over the last few days, but assures me he will give it his best shot. She's still out of it but he intends waking her up tomorrow to let her know he's there and remove some of the 'stuff' to check what she can do on her own and what she still needs drugs and machines to do for her. Yikes, was I glad to see him, even the nursing staff cheered!

I see tomorrow as a time to regroup and make a fresh start. Don't stop praying just yet please.