Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Leaked: Jaguar C-XF concept

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Well, it seems likely that they'll, at least, go fast. They claim that the twin turbo setup from the MKR will see production, and, if it makes as much power as they claim, it'd be hard to make a car slow with that in it.
    Well I didn't mean speed in terms of power, the standard 260bhp V6 is plenty realistically. But the 120mph speedo leads me to believe that the car isn't really prepared to sustain high speeds in motorway driving.

By that I thinking of proper tyres, suspension tuning a steering that's actually connected in any way to the wheels no stupid electronic governor (at least up to 155mph). That sort of thing. Of course not having it here and a result not having read any road tests I could be completely wrong, but again the 120mph speedo doesn't bode well for it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

OMG, i've just logged on to Lincoln's US site for a peek.... my gosh the lineups are crap, and they seriously need a designer to work out some magic.... all of their cars looked crap and there's nothing that suggests CLASS or LUXURY .... the town car looked like taxis ... (they are, aren't they?)
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    OMG, i've just logged on to Lincoln's US site for a peek.... my gosh the lineups are crap, and they seriously need a designer to work out some magic.... all of their cars looked crap and there's nothing that suggests CLASS or LUXURY .... the town car looked like taxis ... (they are, aren't they?)
    The Crown Victorias are the taxis, but they are basically the same car anyway.
    Visca Catalunya!

Remembering the discussion about Cadillac European operations, I read this bit from an article which really shows the scale of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WCF
    Whether the BLS wagon will increase sales for the BLS range is hard to say. The BLS has had a slow start to say the least (last June production was reduced to 30 per week) while still remaining Cadillac's number one seller in Europe. Is GM still planning to launch the BLS globally by 2010? We think so because we haven't heard of a change of plans... yet.
    Source.

Interesting.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information