Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru Impreza STi MY 2008

Awww come on you guys are overeacting itsw the current trend in all auto motive desings to err towards conservative designs better off being innofensive rather then agressive and off putting to the mainstream.

While not the best looking vehicle I was thinking of buying a new subaru and id defintly own one (especially if it mainatians its udner au 40k price tag). The car has gone bland to try and to appeal to more of the market but i do agree there is a large number of changes on the car i dont like eg wagon only (excluding american market who will get the sedan) and haveing an actoual frame around the window is werid for subaru its a feature i like on my liberty.

Also they are getting a new rear suspension a twin wish bone set up this time and apprently they have removed the front sub frame (apprently an improvment but i some how doubt it) and also according to the info i got the new wrx is getting the quicker stearing ratio of the current sti also its going to start of life with a 5 speed man or 4 speed auto (still)

And in other bad new its going to be some 23 kilos heavier then a current wagon wrx also all the engine are getting minor changes and most are seeing similar peak torque and hp figures at lower rpms.

Is the wrx a winner probably not is the base model a winner could be cheap conservative and copying alot of currently succsesfull cars well have to wait and see on this one.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    old i know but funny you mentioned that according to a magazine i read today the designer (some greek guy) was ex alfa and he went back there in 06 and apprently they have been working on this body style since 04?
    Andreas Zapatinas.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Andreas Zapatinas.
    if that isnt a greek name i dont know what is

He did mention he didnt deign the grille he said subaru wanted to put the corprate face on it. I think a new grille could improve this car quite alot good thing the aftermarket jumps on these things quickly.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

He did mention he didnt deign the grille he said subaru wanted to put the corprate face on it. I think a new grille could improve this car quite alot good thing the aftermarket jumps on these things quickly.
    One thing that disappointed me was the lack of pillarless doors.
    Visca Catalunya!

One thing that disappointed me was the lack of pillarless doors.
    yeah I mentioned that earlier and its a triat i really liked about my libery its a shame to see it go but it reduces alot of wind noise that develops over the years (mines a 97 and traveling fast gets pretty noisy even with all the windows up) and its apprently more ridgid and safer.

These facts better ring true other wise im not going to be a happy camper

who thinks this doesn't look so bad now... (i thought it looked OK in the first place )

How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Hampshire Police FTW!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Derek, I'm sorry but that still looks like a dog turd...
    Visca Catalunya!

Derek, I'm sorry but that still looks like a dog turd...
    some talented dogs they have there in barcelona
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I wish they'd go back to two doors.

Some of the chops I've seen point to the next-gen STi having the same sense of blunt purpose as the Renault Clio V6. If they can go in that direction, they can't go wrong.

The chops showing a Focus WRC-style wing poking out of the rear hatch along with a rooftop spoiler are clearly the product of someone without even a schoolboy's understanding of aerodymamics.

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    who thinks this doesn't look so bad now... (i thought it looked OK in the first place )

I didnt think it looked that bad in the first place frist WRX i drove was a bug eyes model it wasnt so ugly when I was buzzing around in it

And in other bad new its going to be some 23 kilos heavier then a current wagon wrx also all the engine are getting minor changes and most are seeing similar peak torque and hp figures at lower rpms.

The official info is that it is lighter than previous model.

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    The official info is that it is lighter than previous model.
    Do a bit of scratching at the time of my writing this the quoted (wheels magazine may 07)weight was 1455kgs which they CLAIMED was 23 kgs lighter however the previous WAGON model weighed 1430 kgs.

unless my infos wrong or they fudged their own weight figures its heavier.

I loved the bugeyed model, I have a remote controlled one, my food tech teacher drove a WRX-STI version but then they brought out the next and I fell in love with them again, Mr. Sang at school has one, STI. THEN, They brought the propeller nosed versions which, guess what. I love, but, I'm impartial to the MY05 and Propeller nose. I'd love an MY05 STI sedan, but I think I'd prefer a WRX Wagon in propeller nose...
    I just can't understand why people find the Bugeye and Propeller nose so ugly.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information